Ross Wilson coming in from Watford as DOF???

spike1969

i am sure i posted earlier on in this discussion that i had heard down here a couple of weeks ago that i didnt think we would be able to get this guy (i live nearish to watford) and that he was staying at Watford. really highly regarded by the people at Watford which i suppose is backed up by the comments under the story in the watford observer online newspaper

disapointed to be honest as this seemed like a really ambitious appointment for us of someone that is rated highly

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am sure i posted earlier on in this discussion that i had heard down here a couple of weeks ago that i didnt think we would be able to get this guy (i live nearish to watford) and that he was staying at Watford. really highly regarded by the people at Watford which i suppose is backed up by the comments under the story in the watford observer online newspaper

disapointed to be honest as this seemed like a really ambitious appointment for us of someone that is rated highly

He is seemingly rated highly in the business side of football but when cash is as tight as it seems to be, I think he'd have to be able to double up as a right back before Nige would want to see what I'd imagine would be 2k a week, spent on someone to strengthen "operations"

I might be old fashioned, but I think we'd get more out of chucking 2k a week extra on a proper midfield generals salary than we would a director of football.

I know everyone is thinking the negative side of the DOF position and that Clough would walk if he come. How about if it was the other way round, what if it is that he would walk unless someone came into that position who could negotiate his deals and get the players he wants.

Just chucking that out there.

Or just maybe he didn't fit the role that TG wanted him, it did state that Derby ended their interest. TG could have just approached him to see what he actually did and would expect to do at Derby.

I definatly think TG needs help, think we have been poor in our transfer dealings since AP left, and I feel that NC says who he wants in or out and expects the club to do it.

Archived