If you could pick one which would it be?

j.brayford

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its become obvious in the last few years the prem has changed,partly for the worst,partly for the better, the 'gap' doesnt seem that big between top and bottom atm, and teams that 'go for 'it' seem to at least have some fun, and get results on occassion, but they need to play attacking football it seems,as defending and trying to keep a clean sheet seems to have been proven not to work,with the 3 points for a win being better than 3 possible draws, so while i think our 1st choice defence may be able to cope just, our attacking options are woeful for the prem, so back to the old arguement about investment........ 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

So i'll go for a good cup run... and finnishing 6th !! then....... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

I better duck !

If this side got promoted it would get absolutely smashed almost every week, especially away from home. We get completely dominated by a lot of sides in this division away from home, think how it would be in the Prem. We would need to buy a whole new team. I reckon maybe Shackell and Ward could cut it, that's about it.

We would be completely fine in the poopiershite. We will never win it, but us, along with the majority of the tom half of this league could hold their own up there, the standard has dropped off that much.

Don't worry about our record....it will never ever be beaten.

If this side got promoted it would get absolutely smashed almost every week, especially away from home. We get completely dominated by a lot of sides in this division away from home, think how it would be in the Prem. We would need to buy a whole new team. I reckon maybe Shackell and Ward could cut it, that's about it.

I don't think it will happen this season anyway and that's probably a good thing. If we did go up before we're ready again, at least we've have a manager who cares this time and a group of players who aren't frightened of falling off their wallets!

I have always believed that, injurys aside we could finish top 6 and therefore have a chance of promotion. Would I sacrifice that for an exciting FA Cup run?

Yeh!

Would really love to watch Derby in the Cup Final. When was our last decent run was it '84 when Plymouth beat us on Black-Wednesday?

i remember a couple of 6th round appearences, infact i remember 3 in my time of supporting them.

( i think the plymouth tie was also a 6th round fa cup quater final tie, and was a year or 2 before i started watching us)

to my knowledge theres :

the 3-3 draw with sheff wed which left us about 8 mins from a semi final when nicholson scored the screamer.

we lost the reply, waddle ran rings round us.

our last season at the BBG and first in the prem i think sturrudge was suspended and we were touthless upfront, lost to a ravanelli goal against boro.

i also think the game where we lost to late goal at arsenal was a 6th round tie a year or 2 later.

We would be completely fine in the poopiershite. We will never win it, but us, along with the majority of the tom half of this league could hold their own up there, the standard has dropped off that much.

Don't worry about our record....it will never ever be beaten.

QPR, Norwich and Swansea were miles better last season than us this season and they're all gunna be bottom half clubs in the Prem at best.

This is all crazy talk any way, we're not going up and we're not going down, which will probably be the case for a while under Clough and this board.

Two wins against teams struggling for form and 1 depleted with injury and suspensions and everyone's going mad!! If we lose to palace on Saturday then cov the following week then the moaning will start,

We won't make top 6 this season as the simple matter of fact is!! We are not good enough... Yet!

Id take a cup run with some good days out and a improvement on last season

If you could only pick one thing to concentrate on which would it be?

1. A good cup run to get money in the bank

Or

2. Getting the players geared up for a top six finish?

You only have one choice what do you choose? for me I'd take a good cup run cash in the bank for summer transfers and a promotion push next year top half finish this:)

Pointless thread but I thought might be a bit of fun 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I think the better question would be winning promotion or winning the cup. Though I still wouldn't be able to answer it 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Two wins against teams struggling for form and 1 depleted with injury and suspensions and everyone's going mad!! If we lose to palace on Saturday then cov the following week then the moaning will start,

We won't make top 6 this season as the simple matter of fact is!! We are not good enough... Yet!

Id take a cup run with some good days out and a improvement on last season

So our recent wins mean nothing to you? Great. Still I think that were as ready as other teams that will finish in the top 6. And I honesty believe we can be one of them.

Cup run every day of the week.

This is probably more doable than a top 6 finish, we'll have the chance of some cracking away's etc. Plus the play-offs is lose-lose. Lose in the play-offs and it's absolutely gutting, get promoted yes there's a great day out but you end up in the Prem watching us get tonked EVERY week plus the inevitable 50% price increases, ridicule on a national scale, harder to get tickets and Pride Park will be full of nobheads.

If you said winning the FA Cup and relegation to League 2 or even conference i'd take it.

QPR, Norwich and Swansea were miles better last season than us this season and they're all gunna be bottom half clubs in the Prem at best.

This is all crazy talk any way, we're not going up and we're not going down, which will probably be the case for a while under Clough and this board.

There was 18 teams last season that were better than us, no one is denying that. But the premiershite is nowhere near as good as it was, in fact, I would say it is as poor as it has been in my life time. Any team that goes up will have a good chance of staying up. (just to be sure you understand, I don't think we have a hope in hell of getting promoted)

There was 18 teams last season that were better than us, no one is denying that. But the premiershite is nowhere near as good as it was, in fact, I would say it is as poor as it has been in my life time. Any team that goes up will have a good chance of staying up. (just to be sure you understand, I don't think we have a hope in hell of getting promoted)

I'm not convinced the Premiership has gone down in quality. The sides near the bottom like Wigan and Wolves are still very good and the results over the Christmas period show just how competitive it is.

The side that we had that managed 11 points would still fare no better in today's league.

Top 6 finish every time. If we get to the play off final and lose there is still a big pay off as the losers collect both teams share of the gate (as WBA did when we beat them). If we win, then with the sensible management we have who knows what can happen!!!

One thing is certain, we would have more of a team than we did last time.

Archived