Glory Glory ianm's Manure

ianm

ianm, no matter how reasonable and sensible you mean to be, the fact is that this is a DCFC forum. Hatred and pisstaking of the glory hunting, bandwagon jumping, retarded attention seeking, sky-worshipping, plastic manure fans that infest this once great nation, is not only acceptable, but bloody compulsory.

It annoys me greatly to walk round shopping centres in Derby, Stoke, Nottingham etc, and see people wearing manure shirts. Mind you, it annoys me greatly to walk round shopping centres full stop.

Are you getting mixed up with Salford and Manchester btw ~ 2 separate places as you should know.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davenport is Stockport mate and Stockport especially the middle-class parts is a City stronghold like most of Cheshire. I lived and worked in Manchester and I have relatives all over Manchester not Stockport and the overwhelming majority support United especially North of the City Centre. If United and City play at the same time go into any pub and see which match is shown it's United every time. The areas around City's new ground are massively United, surprisingly you will find more City fans near United's ground in Chorlton and Stretford.

You're right Ian - there are manure fans in Manchester. And they're all *****.

Well they do or they wouldn't have posted juvenile nicknames or false statements or argued the point when put right. Derby County is boring, moribund, going nowhere, uninspiring this diversion is welcome to avoid the depression surely.

I disagree entirely.Derby County is anything but boring,talking about multi billion pound businesses that masquerade as football teams is very boring.

ianm, no matter how reasonable and sensible you mean to be, the fact is that this is a DCFC forum. Hatred and pisstaking of the glory hunting, bandwagon jumping, retarded attention seeking, sky-worshipping, plastic manure fans that infest this once great nation, is not only acceptable, but bloody compulsory.

It annoys me greatly to walk round shopping centres in Derby, Stoke, Nottingham etc, and see people wearing manure shirts. Mind you, it annoys me greatly to walk round shopping centres full stop.

Are you getting mixed up with Salford and Manchester btw ~ 2 separate places as you should know.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Nothing more I dislike than coaching kids around this great county and see them turn up not just in United tops but Liverpool, City, Arsenal and Chelsea. This trend in my experience is up and I would say now that more kids seem to go for these clubs rather than Derby and that is a concern to me. I agree with the analysis of the fans you point out but not all United and Liverpool fans for that matter are like that and there own core support hate the plastic fans who latch on more than anyone.

Salford is a different city and Salford is 90% plus Red, North Manchester 80%, South Manchester more even probably 2/3 Red as you go down into Cheshire that is a blue area, as are big chunks of Tameside and the Northern outskirts and Rochdale, Oldham less so. As you go over to Derbyshire towns like Glossop and New Mills are blue and as you go further in Chapel, Buxton the Rams have a lot of fans and still do as well as the Manchester clubs.

Ian you seem like a clever person, now Im guessing you dont know all the c2m people who live in Manchester (although you probably claim to), and Im sure you know how to use the internet, so can you please paste a link to some survey that backs your claims up, I have looked and can only find one that was done 10 years ago, which does not relay the same information you are giving.

I also guess you work in accounts (not because they have no sense of humour), so Im sure that you will admit without this information, you are pretty much guessing ??

I'm still waiting for a source for the blindingly obvious fact. Surely if it's that clear cut, isn't there one scientific source that can show it?

Fact is there is no consensus on it. I'd imagine there's lots more ManUre shirts in Manchester than there are City shirts, but the same could be said for shirts worn in Derby - and I'm sure there's more Derby ST holders in Derby than there are ManUre ST holders in Derby.

Support means more than buying a shirt or a hat.

If you are from Manchester, who are you going to support? The team who's dominated English football for the last twenty years, the most famous team in the world, the biggest club in the country or the team in light blue who play in a council house? Unless your dad's a bitter or you live 5 yards from the COMS then it's gonna be United int' it?

Why the f*ck i'm contributing to this thread I don't know.

I'm still waiting for a source for the blindingly obvious fact. Surely if it's that clear cut, isn't there one scientific source that can show it?

Fact is there is no consensus on it. I'd imagine there's lots more ManUre shirts in Manchester than there are City shirts, but the same could be said for shirts worn in Derby - and I'm sure there's more Derby ST holders in Derby than there are ManUre ST holders in Derby.

Support means more than buying a shirt or a hat.

Isn't the fact that City haven't had a higher average gate than United since 1939 a clear enough indicator even though plenty of that time they have been the higher placed club.

United fans in Manchester are not big shirt wearers but anybody who has lived there would know Manchester is mainly United, it might not fit into the media myth but it is true and yes since United got a quality team the gap has widened amongst the younger generation, when I did my schools work up there it was not cool to support City, most of the kids all over town went for United. That will change a bit now City are a top team again but they will NEVER be the most popular team in Manchester.

If you are from Manchester, who are you going to support? The team who's dominated English football for the last twenty years, the most famous team in the world, the biggest club in the country or the team in light blue who play in a council house? Unless your dad's a bitter or you live 5 yards from the COMS then it's gonna be United int' it?

Why the f*ck i'm contributing to this thread I don't know.

Finally somebody who comes out with some sense only the area around the Council House is a red area, it was different when they used to play at Maine Road. That was an intimidating place to go like the BBG but even worse.

I know, does it really matter who supports united and city in the city of manchester?

If people post false media led myths it is only correct that they are put right. If it did not matter to people why are they arguing the point.

Isn't the fact that City haven't had a higher average gate than United since 1939 a clear enough indicator even though plenty of that time they have been the higher placed club.

United fans in Manchester are not big shirt wearers but anybody who has lived there would know Manchester is mainly United, it might not fit into the media myth but it is true and yes since United got a quality team the gap has widened amongst the younger generation, when I did my schools work up there it was not cool to support City, most of the kids all over town went for United. That will change a bit now City are a top team again but they will NEVER be the most popular team in Manchester.

Average gates don't tell you anything about the makeup of support in the city. It's common knowledge is that ManUre has wide support across the country and worldwide, more so than any other English team (you might say it's a fact, even). Derby have a very good gate, the vast majority of which I suspect are from the local area. I have no idea how we compare with other cities for local support numbers as I've got no evidence so I won't go spouting my opinion as fact.

But I get it, we only have your word that it's a fact, as you don't have anything to back you up.

If people post false media led myths it is only correct that they are put right. If it did not matter to people why are they arguing the point.

have you given any evidence e.g.a 2 million survey? or are you commenting on a small scale of people who you knew when in manchester? also it is an issue which frankly doesn't matter and many people argue for arguments sake.

Finally somebody who comes out with some sense only the area around the Council House is a red area, it was different when they used to play at Maine Road. That was an intimidating place to go like the BBG but even worse.

No need for childish names for their ground is their Ian - after all you insist on manure being called by their proper name.

Archived