Glory Glory ianm's Manure

ianm

have you given any evidence e.g.a 2 million survey? or are you commenting on a small scale of people who you knew when in manchester? also it is an issue which frankly doesn't matter and many people argue for arguments sake.

What more evidence do you need when one club has had the higher gates come what may for over 70 years. The population in Manchester is actually less than 500k, the connurbation is 2m, which includes places like Stockport and Bolton, which have nothing to do with Manchester. Just read what Joe said he puts it in a lot clearer terms than myself and then use your own intelligence to draw the conclusion.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

higher gates don't mean more people in the city support the club. Also while united have been successful before the fergie era isn't it kind of obvious that more people would support them than city. I don't know the population of Manchester in honesty, I will withdraw from the "debate" as I don't care enough to carry on.

No need for childish names for their ground is their Ian - after all you insist on manure being called by their proper name.

It's not really a childish name is it because that is what it is. You can't really name a stadium you don't own so really to me it is a stadium with no genuine name. They have a problem because this was their planned way around the FFP rules a load of questionable Arab sponsorship deals but other senior clubs have complained and Mr Platini has the UEFA lawyers on it.

What more evidence do you need when one club has had the higher gates come what may for over 70 years. The population in Manchester is actually less than 500k, the connurbation is 2m, which includes places like Stockport and Bolton, which have nothing to do with Manchester. Just read what Joe said he puts it in a lot clearer terms than myself and then use your own intelligence to draw the conclusion.

We lived in Stockport and the bins were emptied by GMBC and part of our council tax went to GMP but I guess I'll be wrong about those 2 facts.

Ian, once again I ask for you to show me anything that backs you up, just one link to a survey apart from a closet manaure fan spouting his own personal belief.

It's not really a childish name is it because that is what it is. You can't really name a stadium you don't own so really to me it is a stadium with no genuine name. They have a problem because this was their planned way around the FFP rules a load of questionable Arab sponsorship deals but other senior clubs have complained and Mr Platini has the UEFA lawyers on it.

My mother would say that reply is like splitting hairs.

Well if you dont think that the Etihad Stadium is a valid name then you should use the last official name "the City of Manchester Stadium" and not resort to behaviour you disapprove of. Admit you cocked up and stop trying to argue talk your way out of it.

higher gates don't mean more people in the city support the club. Also while united have been successful before the fergie era isn't it kind of obvious that more people would support them than city. I don't know the population of Manchester in honesty, I will withdraw from the "debate" as I don't care enough to carry on.

City have had successful spells as well they have won the league and United had the bigger gates, for 20 years City finished ahead of United most of the time and still United had the better gates the evidence is total. United have not always been good they didn't win the league between 1967 and 1993 and most of that time they were nowhere near it, use your brain if they were more popular when they were crap that is only going to multiply when they are good. I've lived there the fanaticism for United in Manchester is enormous.

We lived in Stockport and the bins were emptied by GMBC and part of our council tax went to GMP but I guess I'll be wrong about those 2 facts.

Yes it's in Greater Manchester but only after the unpopular boundary changes. Most people in Stockport still consider it to be in Cheshire and don't consider themselves part of Manchester. Other places which used to be in Manchester but now are not like Stretford still consider themselves part of Manchester. If they changed the boundaries in Ilkeston and made it part of Notts i'm pretty sure a lot would always think it still to be Derbyshire.

Well if you dont think that the Etihad Stadium is a valid name then you should use the last official name "the City of Manchester Stadium" and not resort to behaviour you disapprove of. Admit you cocked up and stop trying to argue talk your way out of it.

The COMS no longer exists so its either the Council House or Eastlands to me and I wasn't arguing out of anything. I think Mr Platini and his legal guys will eventually tell us whether it is a valid name or not.

My mother would say that reply is like splitting hairs.

No actually it is a key issue and the major test as to whether these FFP rules are going to mean anything and this will have the major impact on football over the coming years.

The COMS no longer exists so its either the Council House or Eastlands to me and I wasn't arguing out of anything. I think Mr Platini and his legal guys will eventually tell us whether it is a valid name or not.

No you were merely trying to excuse, by your own definition, your pathetic behaviour

Regardless of boundary changes, it does have something to do with Manchester, so I'm afraid you're still wrong.

Blimey, I bet you could pick an argument in an empty room!

But wait - you're only telling us this to give us all an education right? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

No I'm not wrong Stockport is not in Manchester it is a seperate town with a seperate council, just like Bolton, Wigan, Bury, Salford, Oldham and others, they are all part of the connurbation of Greater Manchester just the same as Chesterfield and Derby are part of Derbyshire.

Again like you say I am educating not arguing.

Archived