Glory Glory ianm's Manure

ianm

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Source for this "fact"?

Plenty of surveys have been done on this and they all give the same conclusion plus I have lived there and for sure there are a lot more Reds than Blues in Manchester probably about 4:1 would be the likely ratio. Just as there are far more people in Liverpool support Liverpool than Everton, although the majority is not as overwhelming as in Manchester.

Plenty of surveys have been done on this and they all give the same conclusion plus I have lived there and for sure there are a lot more Reds than Blues in Manchester probably about 4:1 would be the likely ratio. Just as there are far more people in Liverpool support Liverpool than Everton, although the majority is not as overwhelming as in Manchester.

So, in short - no source/dressing? Just anecdotal stuff as usual.

Who gives a shoot, about Manchester !!! We are derby county!

Who gives a shoot, about Manchester !!! We are derby county!

Well people on here obviously do or they wouldn't be posting childish names or peddling **** about most United fans coming from London. My job on here is to inform and educate because for every one that comes on and posts garbage there will be plenty more who read and learn.

When have City had a stadium that can hold as many as United?

Probably 1939.

Look at your history after the war when Old Trafford was obliterated with German bombs United and City shared Maine Road for many years and United always got the higher gates.

or maybe a Derby fan who lived and worked in Manchester and new loads more city fans than United fans

Davenport is Stockport mate and Stockport especially the middle-class parts is a City stronghold like most of Cheshire. I lived and worked in Manchester and I have relatives all over Manchester not Stockport and the overwhelming majority support United especially North of the City Centre. If United and City play at the same time go into any pub and see which match is shown it's United every time. The areas around City's new ground are massively United, surprisingly you will find more City fans near United's ground in Chorlton and Stretford.

Hardly surprising that pubs show united if they are playing at the same time. Only one is broadcast at a time on Sky (unless it's a derby) and seeing as Sky love united it'll always be them. Nothing to do with how many united fans are in Manchester and pubs satisfying the demand

(null)

On a Saturday afternoon a lot of pubs show PL matches not SKY, also the Champions League this season in Manchester the interest and demand for football and especially United is awesome it must be the most football mad City in the world.

City are in their own right a very well supported club but no matter how well they do they will always be a very distant number 2 in their own town.

You are now just making stuff up, manure just shade the number of fans maybe, but there are no surveys that show a 4-1 if so please do show.

Also is you were looking at fans who actually went to the game ie season ticket holders, you would see that city have a higher percentage from the centre of Manchester as opposed to manure who the majority of fans are glory hunters and never been to old Trafford.

Q: Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, a Manchester United Fan from Manchester, and an old drunk are walking down the street together when they simultaneously spot a £50 note. Who gets it ?

A: The old drunk, of course; the other three are mythical creatures.

Q: What has Old Trafford on a Saturday afternoon at 4.45pm got in common with Wormwood Scrubs?

A: They are both full of cockneys trying to get out.

Archived