Glory Glory ianm's Manure

ianm

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also the cash reserves of the club dwindled earlier this year from 115 million to 65 million, because of a partial buy back of the 500 million bond released.

Manchester City didn't though did they. Since 73 United have had the biggest gates every season in England but for 3 seasons and one of those seasons was due to ground redevelopment and for most of the 70's and 80's they were underachievers winning the odd FA Cup. Nowhere near the power they have been in the last 20 years. They even went down.

So anybody who labels all United fans glory hunters is wrong as when they were crap they still most of the time were the biggest supported club in Britain.

So what about 1992, 1989 & 1988, when Manure were not the top team and their attendance dropped and they were no longer the best supported team as they werent winning the league, I know it was a lot harder to travel to games from down south so maybe thats it. The fact is that Manure have a lot of glory hunters who follow them because of this, you for example are a prime example.

Jesus Christ, they've had it tough.

I think I've seen the phrase "inform and educate" about 30-40 times in this thread so far and it hurts my eyes.

Always thought Liverpool are a better club to follow than Man Utd anyway and not just because my girlfriends' a Scouse.

Of course if I really wanted IanM to bite I'd say Colin Bloomfield is a secret Man Utd fan and watch him self-destruct, or say that Liverpool will always be a better, bigger club than Utd.

And...here...we...go...

I think I've seen the phrase "inform and educate" about 30-40 times in this thread so far and it hurts my eyes.

Always thought Liverpool are a better club to follow than Man Utd anyway and not just because my girlfriends' a Scouse.

Of course if I really wanted IanM to bite I'd say Colin Bloomfield is a secret Man Utd fan and watch him self-destruct, or say that Liverpool will always be a better, bigger club than Utd.

And...here...we...go...

All personal views, however I dislike scouse more than manure both as a club and their fans in general, to me the arrogance of the managers, players and fans is the main reason. I'll always remember manure fans singing to Derby are u England in disguise, and the fact is that there success has given them a belief that they are better than any1 else, even the national team.

In the majority, a lot of the fans are fine and reasoned though, even ones like Ian :-)

Plenty of surveys have been done on this and they all give the same conclusion plus I have lived there and for sure there are a lot more Reds than Blues in Manchester probably about 4:1 would be the likely ratio. Just as there are far more people in Liverpool support Liverpool than Everton, although the majority is not as overwhelming as in Manchester.

depends where youre living fella.... id say its a healthy mix myself.... you could be at a pub down claremont rd these days.. and you'd see both shirts knocking around.

I've always hated United because they're a brand more than a club... but now City's we'll win everything and we'll spend whatever it takes to get there, who have about 20 players on 100k+... Man Utd are realistically the only club who can stop them at the minute..

Spurs for me are never going to be serious contenders, they should of invested a lot more this summer but they're doing well, Chelsea had a great side but they're all getting on and they're finding the transition hard to find new talent, Liverpool have a good chairman but a clueless manager when it comes to spending, with the money spent should of been much better than what they are!

I've always hated United because they're a brand more than a club... but now City's we'll win everything and we'll spend whatever it takes to get there, who have about 20 players on 100k+... Man Utd are realistically the only club who can stop them at the minute..

Spurs for me are never going to be serious contenders, they should of invested a lot more this summer but they're doing well, Chelsea had a great side but they're all getting on and they're finding the transition hard to find new talent, Liverpool have a good chairman but a clueless manager when it comes to spending, with the money spent should of been much better than what they are!

i understand that folk dunner like city im not fond either... but in all honesty....i like alot of their players...and mancini's alreet too...its more than i can say for utd, chelsea, QPR..... what would us derby fans do if some money man from the east came swanning over here, bought derby....spentt a shed load of cash and got us to a credible, stable position in the premiership, then playing in europe?...with decent football for much the same price.??? they'd do what city fans do..... sit back and enjoy it.... AGUERO FOR DERBY!

i understand that folk dunner like city im not fond either... but in all honesty....i like alot of their players...and mancini's alreet too...its more than i can say for utd, chelsea, QPR..... what would us derby fans do if some money man from the east came swanning over here, bought derby....spentt a shed load of cash and got us to a credible, stable position in the premiership, then playing in europe?...with decent football for much the same price.??? they'd do what city fans do..... sit back and enjoy it.... AGUERO FOR DERBY!

Man City will keep buying players though, when players drop out of form, they'll be in the reserves and others will come in... horrible cycle.

I hate any player that goes to Man City, but can't blame them because the money is so good and you'd be a fool to turn down 500k a week tax free with a million pound goal bonus, I can't believe they haven't gone for messi with only a 250million pound release clause, they could offer him 1milllion pound a week.

exciting for their fans but plauge of football.

Archived