Callum Ball

Leicester Ram

B4 will be pleased 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Played well from what i heard on the radio, but with Theo returning can he start next week? and when will Ben Davies finally get kicked out of the starting 11?

good that he's got his 1st goal,want to hear how he played from anyone at the game today?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was better than Priskin who seems to want to go home.

Eager to go into 50/50s. Which is unique. Both the youngsters provided some much much needed aggression.

Very raw and aggressive as oppose to the timid fearful performances we're used to

I'd like to see ball start next week. Closed the cb's down and forced the error. Looked like he wanted to play unlike priskin. The goal that got disallowed he finished well too. A very good 45 mins from him. Good to see clough making an early change.

Is Ben Davies playing THAT bad? He's not having a good run dont get me wrong, but today he put more good balls in than he did bad. If we had a player who gambled on the front post now and again there would have been 4 oppertunities in the first half. Don't think the sarcastic cheering helps either but Derby fans can't resist a good morale lowering act!

Is Priskin elgiable for next week?

Even if he is, I'd start Ball.

Agreed, and hopefully our wounded threesome Davies S , Robinson and Tyson wll be fit too.

I think B Davies is really poor. I like the bloke, seems alright and shows effort and passion. But he can't beat a defender. What's the point in a winger that can beat a defender. His passing is average, his control is below average. His tackling is poor. His tracking opponents is average

He can deliver a good cross if in space and his set pieces are good more often than not. But his two strengths are hard to play to. We have a player that's good if we can win a corner/free kick. Or find him in acres of space.

You can point to his assists as proof of a good player if you wish, but what about if I point to the fact that he doesn't play very well.

Assists will come from elsewhere if we were to introduce an attacking player that can beat defenders and deliver a decent ball. Davies can't do enough IMO.

When B4 called for Ball I would have said that he was not ready and looked like this level was too far for him at the beginning of the season. It is obvious since joining up with the 1st a month ago he is developing very well. The last couple of games against Palace and today he has progressed very nicely and has Priskin is ineligible then for me even if Theo is fit I would start with Ball. Maybe goo 442 with Robinson off him and drop Ben Davies. If Brayford fit move Green up to RW for Davies and give Hendrick or Bailey a rest and rotate them over next couple of games.

Having seen Callum in the reserves a few times it seems to me he is able to hold the 'Ball' up, can challenge for it, run with it and has a sweeeeeeet shot. Perhaps a tad slow but then Hulse and definitely Howard were not the quickest.

Hope he gets a start next week and WELL DONE for his goal today.[size=4] 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> [/size]

i have always liked callium ball when i first saw him in youth FA cup i knew ever since, then he was something spacail i knew, he could step up to the first team, one of the reason i liked was his touch on the ball, and he strengh is something we have been lacking for a long time. so now i hope he can start banging them in for the first team now, as we all know we need the goals i am sure he can get at least 15 this season.

NC said this after the match about Ball, but i thought the last sentence was interesting, bearing in mind that we have all been querying the boards investment.......

"Any young player to get their first goal is a big barrier, he has had a couple of half-chances and hopefully he will take it on from here," he added.

"It was a tactical change to bring him on, we needed more presence up there and I thought Callum gave us that. He got hold of the ball and did it very well.

"He's a natural goalscorer but he needs to develop with other sides of his game.

"We've got three teenagers on the pitch at the end and it's lovely. They are there on merit, they're the future in the next two or three seasons.

"That's where we have to prioritise as there won't be much money floating around so we will be reliant on them."

Oh well, i guess we're all used to relegation battles,i'd be lost without one 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

Is Ben Davies playing THAT bad? He's not having a good run dont get me wrong, but today he put more good balls in than he did bad. If we had a player who gambled on the front post now and again there would have been 4 oppertunities in the first half. Don't think the sarcastic cheering helps either but Derby fans can't resist a good morale lowering act!

Absolutely, obviously been told to put the ball into the near post and I too counted 4 very goo dangerous balls into that area, and who was there? no-one.. so who should we blame, of course we blame the guy who is putting ball in rather than the numpties in the box who seem half arsed about getting to the ball first!

i have always liked callium ball when i first saw him in youth FA cup i knew ever since, then he was something spacail i knew, he could step up to the first team, one of the reason i liked was his touch on the ball, and he strengh is something we have been lacking for a long time. so now i hope he can start banging them in for the first team now, as we all know we need the goals i am sure he can get at least 15 this season.

Back in the real world, after 1 goal in 12 appearences Callium Ball can't be described as something special, and do you really think he will score another 14 goals in the remaining 25 matches? Next year will be calliums year, hopefully he will be up there with with some of our all time great strikers with the likes of jon macken and gary twigg.

Back in the real world, after 1 goal in 12 appearences Callium Ball can't be described as something special, and do you really think he will score another 14 goals in the remaining 25 matches? Next year will be calliums year, hopefully he will be up there with with some of our all time great strikers with the likes of jon macken and gary twigg.

Well, let's hope so. We wouldn't want the lad to do well now would we.....

Archived