Callum Ball

Leicester Ram

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in the real world, after 1 goal in 12 appearences Callium Ball can't be described as something special, and do you really think he will score another 14 goals in the remaining 25 matches? Next year will be calliums year, hopefully he will be up there with with some of our all time great strikers with the likes of jon macken and gary twigg.

To be fair, most them apperances have been subs in the last 15 mins.

I was happy Priskin was subsituted. When I say happy I mean very happy. If Clough had replaced Priskin with Donald Duck I’d have been happy.

Calum Ball looked strong and was able to hold on to the ball in the final third and bring others into play - he then went and scored a goal. What’s not to like?

I like Callum. From what I've seen so far he seems an honest lad, brave, decent touch and capable of holding it up enough for Bryson etc to get forward....he makes defenders earn their living.

Give him a start Nige, he looks up for it.

If, IF I said, we played 442, and, if everyone was fully fit, would we be that badly off with Steve Davies and Nathan Tyson, backed up by Callum Ball and Theo Robinson pushing for places?

Get Commons back on loan from Cellick, maybe a left back in on loan, and play offs here we come.

Nurse, nurse, my medication, quickly............................................

I like Callum. From what I've seen so far he seems an honest lad, brave, decent touch and capable of holding it up enough for Bryson etc to get forward....he makes defenders earn their living.

Give him a start Nige, he looks up for it.

If, IF I said, we played 442, and, if everyone was fully fit, would we be that badly off with Steve Davies and Nathan Tyson, backed up by Callum Ball and Theo Robinson pushing for places?

Get Commons back on loan from Cellick, maybe a left back in on loan, and play offs here we come.

Nurse, nurse, my medication, quickly............................................

Crikey U, I had you down as one of the sensible guys as well...... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I thought he wasn't great on Saturday, apart from the goal.

Watch his contribution again - never jumped for headers, despite having a decent chance of winning every one. Maybe it's just an experience thing but him and Bennett seem totally different from a work rate perspective.

Having said that, I think he's got lots of potential and will become a really good Championship forward. Worth giving him a run in the first team - he'll soon realise that he won't get any scraps if he doesn't fight for the ball, and it might make him a better player.

I thought he wasn't great on Saturday, apart from the goal.

Watch his contribution again - never jumped for headers, despite having a decent chance of winning every one. Maybe it's just an experience thing but him and Bennett seem totally different from a work rate perspective.

Having said that, I think he's got lots of potential and will become a really good Championship forward. Worth giving him a run in the first team - he'll soon realise that he won't get any scraps if he doesn't fight for the ball, and it might make him a better player.

Exactly how i saw it, yeah on occasions he chased down and ran after some players which is more than Priskin did, but have people noticed he stood still for while before realising he had to chase? A very good prospect, but a lad of his size should have won some headers or atleast jumped! Good link up play when the ball came to him, but i didn't see much else in this performance but i would expect a start for him saturday, hope to see him put us right with the potential he has but he needs to sort out his Forrest Gump impression out of standing still and watching, then realising that he can run!

He is still young and has got to get used to the pace and read the game better, it'll come with time and I am pleased with how he is coming along. I am surprised how good he is with the ball at his feet for a big lad- showed some really good touches on Saturday and good awareness of team mates. A lot of big tall lads who should be good in the air aren't either, hopefully he will grow in confidence with a few towering headers under his belt.

He is still young and has got to get used to the pace and read the game better, it'll come with time and I am pleased with how he is coming along. I am surprised how good he is with the ball at his feet for a big lad- showed some really good touches on Saturday and good awareness of team mates. A lot of big tall lads who should be good in the air aren't either, hopefully he will grow in confidence with a few towering headers under his belt.

Agreed not every tall player has to be good in the air, but the way we hoofed a few up to him suggests they expected him to win a couple! Great prospect but i think people need to calm down otherwise if they get too excited over another youth player they will need clean underwear!

Some of the expectation/predictions made on our youngsters on here is ridiculous at times. We've seen many given opportunities in the past and look at how few cut it at Championship level. On here i've read how Hendrick and Bennett are gunna be Premiership footballers and Ball 'a really good Championship player'. They've barely played 10 games at this level in a poor side and none of them have really stood out imo. Some of our most highly rated youngsters in recent seasons, Addison, Barnes, Nyatanga etc are all barely getting games at poor Championship clubs and i rated all of them more highly than our current lot at a similar stage.

Exactly how i saw it, yeah on occasions he chased down and ran after some players which is more than Priskin did, but have people noticed he stood still for while before realising he had to chase? A very good prospect, but a lad of his size should have won some headers or atleast jumped! Good link up play when the ball came to him, but i didn't see much else in this performance but i would expect a start for him saturday, hope to see him put us right with the potential he has but he needs to sort out his Forrest Gump impression out of standing still and watching, then realising that he can run!

Maybe he isn't very alert in his mind so to speak................... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

I think hendrick has shown enough to be a champ player and maybe O.B. It is too early to say on the others but I am quietly optimistic we have a few good players in making- I'm not saying world beaters but steady enough. The reason people are getting so excited is because there won't be many signings being made in the next few years so a promising youngster is the next best thing!

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> I've got one now Boycie, reading that word.

Surely you mean anomoly old boy?

. Maybe I do, I can't say it, nay mind spell it.

sorry about that

but i do think now callium ball got one for the first team more will come, and also if he can get a run in the first team i am sure he could be a really threat upfront.

you're doing it on purpose now you swine!

Archived