Enough

RAMSINCE1969

Who have you had enough of?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't recall him ever saying he was unhappy with the budget. If you know differently please share the info.

He may have said that the financial constraints are sometimes frustrating which they clearly are, but that is something completely different. That would be the case whether you are managing Derby, Liverpool or Long Eaton United - just on different scales.

I am guessing the question wasn't answered because it was a pretty stupid question.

No the question is not stupid. The question is, if the manager is not unhappy with his budget. why can't his performance be judged under the present circumstances.

Instead as other posters have suggested he must be given a bundle of cash before we can comment on his performance.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never implied that I have superior knowledge. I argue against that very point. I do however feel that naive kids do come on this forum with a "get the manager out" attitude as they are too naive to understand that getting a new manager isn't always the answer.

I don't see why it cannot be a simple case of agreement or disagreement regardless of age, why have they got to be naive kids and not just another person with a different opinion?

Would they be naive kids if they agreed with you, would you even have to mention the fact they were kids if you were making a point that the majority were in agreement with you. I don't believe you would.

Calling out a members age for me is as bad as the "did you even go to the game" argument that often crops up on here, no need for it at all.

I don't see why it cannot be a simple case of agreement or disagreement regardless of age, why have they got to be naive kids and not just another person with a different opinion?

Would they be naive kids if they agreed with you, would you even have to mention the fact they were kids if you were making a point that the majority were in agreement with you. I don't believe you would.

Calling out a members age for me is as bad as the "did you even go to the game" argument that often crops up on here, no need for it at all.

The "did you even go the the game" can carry some validity in certain cases. Surely an opinion about a performance has to be more valid if someone has actually experienced a game compared to one who has listened to it on the radio.

The "naive kids" debate will always rear it's head when a manager is going through a poor run of results. In my experience, it's the younger fans who seem to think that the grass is greener on the other side when a bit of wisdom and experience is called for.

I am in agreement that some of the posts on here just stink of that of young minds, others not so much. I base it on how reasonable their argument is to how old they are.

On Tuesday I sat down with my head firmly in my hands when a young Derby fan shouted 'another **** ball Davies' despite every single ball but one (that I remember) hitting the edge of the 6 yard box, middle of the goal... I just can't tolerate brainless opinions like that, even if he was young. I BLAME THE PARENTS!!

anyway, this topic is pretty mute as Clough and Glick aren't going anywhere, 'la resistance' can shout till the cows come home and they go blue in the face. I almost guarantee that Clough is here at the start of next season, I promise you that!

Get your fingers, and everything else crossed it is not in Div 1.

The "did you even go the the game" can carry some validity in certain cases. Surely an opinion about a performance has to be more valid if someone has actually experienced a game compared to one who has listened to it on the radio.

In some cases yes, personally I try to hold off after a match until I have seen what those who went to the game have to say. Monday afternoon I will have listened to the commentary, watched the FLS and also watched the full 90 mins on Rams Player and by that point I will have an opinion.

The "naive kids" debate will always rear it's head when a manager is going through a poor run of results. In my experience, it's the younger fans who seem to think that the grass is greener on the other side when a bit of wisdom and experience is called for.

This rarely comes up, in fact it never came up before the DET closing. I think you will find it's not just the kids who think the grass is greener on the other side. In my experience on here sometimes the "kids" can come across far better and get there point across without resulting in insulting other members.

As you say it is a matter of opinions. I went to the Hull game and thought we were absolute dross as did everyone I spoke to. Our manager, however, said we played well. Maybe it's because he's ten years younger than me.

In some cases yes, personally I try to hold off after a match until I have seen what those who went to the game have to say. Monday afternoon I will have listened to the commentary, watched the FLS and also watched the full 90 mins on Rams Player and by that point I will have an opinion.

This rarely comes up, in fact it never came up before the DET closing. I think you will find it's not just the kids who think the grass is greener on the other side. In my experience on here sometimes the "kids" can come across far better and get there point across without resulting in insulting other members.

I would say that IMHO, it would more often than not the younger element that would resort to insults first, I dont mind normall, being ex NCB, , except when it gets a bit OTT,but it seems the norm with the younger folk, and I profess some of the things they call one another I dont understand.

In my younger days if you called someone a b*****d it would start World War 3 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I would always value the opinion of a seasoned supporter, lets says a season ticket holder of 20 odd years over a 12 year old who has been following the club for a couple of years.

Granted, kids can come across well but am not sure where you are coming from about the "insulting other members" bit.

I would always value the opinion of a seasoned supporter, lets says a season ticket holder of 20 odd years over a 12 year old who has been following the club for a couple of years.

Granted, kids can come across well but am not sure where you are coming from about the "insulting other members" bit.

Thing is I think you will find "some" of the people you are in disagreement with do fit into the category you have mentioned. Would it be ok for them to turn round now and say hold on mcsilks in Japan, you're talking rubbish Clough has to go, how do you counter that?

And the argument about him being scared of losing his job is a complete misnomer. I gather he is pretty well off and has decent business interests. So he does not need a job like us folks do, Comparing NC to a manager of a department store is completely over the top.

Agreed, we should shelve that idea............some of these posts are all over the shop.....................

Thing is I think you will find "some" of the people you are in disagreement with do fit into the category you have mentioned. Would it be ok for them to turn round now and say hold on mcsilks in Japan, you're talking rubbish Clough has to go, how do you counter that?

With reasoned debate.

Fair enough. Think we both know where we stand without going round in circles, can I put your name down for the Clough Out protests down Grimsby docks at the weekend?

Am on the next flight 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Is it safe to come in here yet? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Have forum harmonies been restored campers? I hope so.

I wouldn't worry about harmonies on this forum. On the contrary, if everybody starts acting happy and calm here it will immediately get me thinking about those old western movies where people travel through indian territory and someone says "it is quiet" and someone will reply "yeah, too quiet" and then the hell breaks loose. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

I wouldn't worry about harmonies on this forum. On the contrary, if everybody starts acting happy and calm here it will immediately get me thinking about those old western movies where people travel through indian territory and someone says "it is quiet" and someone will reply "yeah, too quiet" and then the hell breaks loose. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Well in that case Cisse - I'd put a fiver on Rotherham Ram drawing his 6 shooter before Bris does 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I want the fans at PP out.

For one small example. Bailey was getting abuse on Tuesday for passing backwards and sideways too much.

Are people thick!!!? He's a DM. A tidy up guy. He distributes. That's his job and he does it well. We keep possession thanks to him. Should he waste possession by attempting a very difficult pass forward?

Proper footballer. No blind passes. Ability AND effort. Does what he's good at.

I can't be arsed to go anymore. Wish I could refund my ST. And it's nothing to do with Clough or the team I saw match Brighton but just failed to take 4 easy chances (Priskin x2, Hendrick, atleast Bennett once)

It's because of **** fans. Giving Roberts abuse when Ward was leaving him exposed. Giving Priskin abuse because he doesn't run around like s headless chicken.

Crap support.

Thick as pig ****.

Hope we get relegated so you all stay at home. We're all frustrated.

I hate being at home. Hate it

You seem to be saying that he is a man of low morals, and the complete opposite of all previous views on his character.

So he is just looking after himself then, according to you ( I may be wrong , but surely that is what you are saying ).

No that is not what I am saying the post before is saying that he should just walk away. He wants to be here, he has been loyal to us and the club now and in the future but people are saying he should not have signed if he was not happy. The question has well you know was posed to the poster before based on his views not mine, don't try and turn it around. People are commenting on how he has become a cheque book manager etc because he wheels and deals as he does not have finances.

He stops with poor conditions he is damned, if he spends money he is damned if he finds freebies hes damned. People who bash him take into account no external factors and although they say should not be here becuase of his name expect him to walk on water and be the saviour of the club as Jesus was feeding the 5000 with a few loaves and a couple of fish

Archived