Enough

RAMSINCE1969

Who have you had enough of?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok then the question is would you like to be out of a job. On your argument joe bloggs on the street who manages a department store for example is given a budget which he knows is practically unreasonable to do the job on but has a family to support and needs to work as any of us out there should basically turn the job down and go on benefits and say feck off to all their outgoings and risk their family being made homeless living of the state. Stop being daft. The last manager for example to say that was Mark Robbins at Barnsley when he was given his budget for this forthcoming season and he is a respected manager but who is he managing now. No one. He should have got the job at Cardiff but they went for the manager at Watford, Watford have stuck with their assistant manager at the time.

Clough's contract was up at the end of the season, he signed a new one or look for another job where there is no guarantess so at the end of the day if they pay him the money and by the sounds he too is paid lowly compared to other managers would you accept the contract or hope to get another job somewhere else?

You seem to be saying that he is a man of low morals, and the complete opposite of all previous views on his character.

So he is just looking after himself then, according to you ( I may be wrong , but surely that is what you are saying ).

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt if Clough would be out on the street if Derby got rid of him. He'd have his wages paid for the next 3 years for a start, and I'm sure he'd make a good chief scout or assistant manager one day.

It's all the backroom staff I would feel sorry for, they're the unemployable ones.

I doubt if Clough would be out on the street if Derby got rid of him. He'd have his wages paid for the next 3 years for a start, and I'm sure he'd make a good chief scout or assistant manager one day.

It's all the backroom staff I would feel sorry for, they're the unemployable ones.

Yeah but they will get three years wages as well.

Andy Garner could always go back to Tesco,s

Ok then the question is would you like to be out of a job. On your argument joe bloggs on the street who manages a department store for example is given a budget which he knows is practically unreasonable to do the job on but has a family to support and needs to work as any of us out there should basically turn the job down and go on benefits and say feck off to all their outgoings and risk their family being made homeless living of the state. Stop being daft. The last manager for example to say that was Mark Robbins at Barnsley when he was given his budget for this forthcoming season and he is a respected manager but who is he managing now. No one. He should have got the job at Cardiff but they went for the manager at Watford, Watford have stuck with their assistant manager at the time.

Clough's contract was up at the end of the season, he signed a new one or look for another job where there is no guarantess so at the end of the day if they pay him the money and by the sounds he too is paid lowly compared to other managers would you accept the contract or hope to get another job somewhere else?

Do you mean Clough is a poor manager and won't get a new job somewhere else? I can't argue with that though.

It sounds like Clough has no ambitions at all and just wants some money to support his family.

Not very good for 'young' manager. Maybe he should back to Burton?

Its easy to have this argument in hindsight, but most of you are talking from your arses.

The same people that call Clough an idiot for signing Croft, are generally the same people who moan about wanting established championship players, and moaned about signing Brayford and Bailey because they were league two 'rubbish'

Croft was one of the most highly rated wingers in the division when we signed him, just won a POTY award and had an handful of clubs to pick from, there was not one person who thought that was a bad signing, not one at all! especially as he had handed us our arses in the two games he had played against us, he looked very threatening.

So how any of you 'the sun shines out my arse' people can throw that back in Cloughs face when the fans on the whole were just as wrong as he was, makes me laugh.

Clough has got it right on a lot more occasions than the majority of our fans, I am obviously going to get some replies from people who claim they have been right about every decision, because they just won't admit they're wrong. I myself have been wrong on a lot of occasions, I thought Croft was a brilliant signing, I expected Brayford to be 'decent' and I didn't expect Bailey to play much at all, I thought Martin would be a good signing and I thought like many Robinson wouldn't get much playing time if any this season and so on...

Maybe he's happy with the terms as in being given the time to do it without money?

just a thought! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

You might be right. If you are then why are people complaining that he's had his hands tied and should be given a load more money.

He clearly is content with the deal he has and thinks he has the resources via time, money or confidence in his own ability, to do the job, or else why sign up?

And the argument about him being scared of losing his job is a complete misnomer. I gather he is pretty well off and has decent business interests. So he does not need a job like us folks do, Comparing NC to a manager of a department store is completely over the top.

Big change round in the poll, up to now nearly 60% want him gone.

Yes, because lets face it. It's a very accurate representation of the fans isn't it 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sleep' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='-_-' />

I say you take your polls and stick em where the sun don't shine. That's about what they're worth in terms of telling us how the fans feel.

You've said yourself Smiffy that it's mainly kids on this site. Those same kids are too damn naive to know better.

Its easy to have this argument in hindsight, but most of you are talking from your arses.

The same people that call Clough an idiot for signing Croft, are generally the same people who moan about wanting established championship players, and moaned about signing Brayford and Bailey because they were league two 'rubbish'

Croft was one of the most highly rated wingers in the division when we signed him, just won a POTY award and had an handful of clubs to pick from, there was not one person who thought that was a bad signing, not one at all! especially as he had handed us our arses in the two games he had played against us, he looked very threatening.

So how any of you 'the sun shines out my arse' people can throw that back in Cloughs face when the fans on the whole were just as wrong as he was, makes me laugh.

Clough has got it right on a lot more occasions than the majority of our fans, I am obviously going to get some replies from people who claim they have been right about every decision, because they just won't admit they're wrong. I myself have been wrong on a lot of occasions, I thought Croft was a brilliant signing, I expected Brayford to be 'decent' and I didn't expect Bailey to play much at all, I thought Martin would be a good signing and I thought like many Robinson wouldn't get much playing time if any this season and so on...

*THICKO ALERT*

I thought Croft would be awesome

Brayford alright, nowt to shout about

Bailey duff

Then again I've not played Football Manager properly in ages so it's not my fault

Yes, because lets face it. It's a very accurate representation of the fans isn't it 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sleep' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='-_-' />

I say you take your polls and stick em where the sun don't shine. That's about what they're worth in terms of telling us how the fans feel.

You've said yourself Smiffy that it's mainly kids on this site. Those same kids are too damn naive to know better.

Ah, but would you say so if it were the other way around ?? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Yes because age always makes opinions more valid the older you get.

The percentage of "kids" which I class to be in the under 18's on this forum is actually very low, some of which are able to communicate on this forum better than some of the so called adults.

Would they be naive kids if they agreed with you?

Are you another of the naive fools that are stupid enough to believe that the polls on here are an accurate representation?

If you mean am I one of the "naive fools" that disagree with pretty much everything you have said in this thread then yes I'am.

I could ask are you one of those "naive fools" that thinks because he is of a certain age he is able to talk down to members younger than him who do not agree that the sun shines out of Clough's backside?

The poll on here is a accurate representation of what the forum members think on here, nothing more and nothing less and it would seem out of 83 members 43 have had enough of Clough.

Do I think that if a mass poll was somehow done would the figures would be any different? who knows, it's an impossible question for any of us to answer.

Yeah, they dont seem to want to answer this one pal.

If he is happy with the terms, then low budget is [size=6]NO[/size] excuse.

I don't recall him ever saying he was unhappy with the budget. If you know differently please share the info.

He may have said that the financial constraints are sometimes frustrating which they clearly are, but that is something completely different. That would be the case whether you are managing Derby, Liverpool or Long Eaton United - just on different scales.

I am guessing the question wasn't answered because it was a pretty stupid question.

That's not what I asked.

Touched a nerve did I?

When the "adults" feel they can talk down to people on this forum, yes it does touch a nerve because these are the people this forum was created to get away from.

Let me ask this, for someone that thinks so highly of his own opinion due to his age, why do you spend so much time on here talking with "naive kids", I mean we're not the only Derby forum on the internet. Do you feel it's your duty somehow to come on and educate us with your superior knowledge?

I don't recall him ever saying he was unhappy with the budget. If you know differently please share the info.

He may have said that the financial constraints are sometimes frustrating which they clearly are, but that is something completely different. That would be the case whether you are managing Derby, Liverpool or Long Eaton United - just on different scales.

I am guessing the question wasn't answered because it was a pretty stupid question.

How is it a stupid question.?

If he is happy and signs a new contract, then he must believe he can have success with what he has, so therefore, he OR YOU, can not use lack of funds as an excuse for the current teams performance, or for Clough's performance.

You, ( and people of simular ilk) were ecstatic after four games ( two of which we were very lucky to win )

When the "adults" feel they can talk down to people on this forum, yes it does touch a nerve because these are the people this forum was created to get away from.

Let me ask this, for someone that thinks so highly of his own opinion due to his age, why do you spend so much time on here talking with "naive kids", I mean we're not the only Derby forum on the internet. Do you feel it's your duty somehow to come on and educate us with your superior knowledge?

I have never implied that I have superior knowledge. I argue against that very point. I do however feel that naive kids do come on this forum with a "get the manager out" attitude as they are too naive to understand that getting a new manager isn't always the answer.

I am in agreement that some of the posts on here just stink of that of young minds, others not so much. I base it on how reasonable their argument is to how old they are.

On Tuesday I sat down with my head firmly in my hands when a young Derby fan shouted 'another **** ball Davies' despite every single ball but one (that I remember) hitting the edge of the 6 yard box, middle of the goal... I just can't tolerate brainless opinions like that, even if he was young. I BLAME THE PARENTS!!

anyway, this topic is pretty mute as Clough and Glick aren't going anywhere, 'la resistance' can shout till the cows come home and they go blue in the face. I almost guarantee that Clough is here at the start of next season, I promise you that!

Archived