Your first ever Derby game?

Ghost of Clough

I knew that my first game was when I was 4/5 but couldn't remember which game it was. I asked my dad and it turns out I was 4 and it was the first competitive game at Pride Park - vs Barnsley 30th August 1997, with Eranio scoring the winner from the spot.

I was just wondering whether anyone else can remember there first game.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always like to think it was the 4-1 against the dirty dogs, but the truth is that it was at the BBG, in the pop side against Wrexham and we lost 1-0 to some sort of wonder strike. The writing was on the wall even then, why oh why did i continue???!! The Monday after the game my teacher made me stand on my desk and tell all the class about what an amazing time i had at the game and how azing Derby are, he was trying to convince himself i think!! I still see him at the games to this day, and he says he still does the same brain washing exercise at school!!!

26 April 1975, parents recently moved back to Derbyshire (after a childhood of distant support for me). Derby, recently crowned champions 0, Carlisle, recently relegated 0. Nice sunny day. The Ram newspaper (?) souvenir edition must be somewhere in the old folk's attic...

Ipswich 0-1 Derby

August 1969, our first season back in the top flight, McFarland with the only goal.

Not a bad start to life as a Ram 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I'm afraid I can beat that! 1963/4 for me with Bill Curry, Reg Matthews, Ron Hutchinson and the others.

People ask me why I don't criticise the current team as much as others do. Try my first few years!

Your debut in 1969 came just after we'd turned the corner. I'm hoping we are approaching a new corner now. I suspect it will take a while to get round it though...

Derby v Carlisle - opening day of the 1982/83 season. I was in the Ossie End, the weather was great, the pitch looked magnificent, the atmosphere was electric, and we got thumped 3-0! A bloke called Alan Shoulder with a hat-trick. Despite this I was hooked - I still have the match ticket and the programme as well.

Derby 3-3 Leeds, opening day of the last season at the BBG. Can I remember it? Can I fook. One of only two games that I saw at the old ground.

First I can actually remember being at was a 3-1 win over Blackburn in the middle of winter in the 1997/98 season, when we were flying in the top 5 in the Prem. Dean Sturridge getting 2 I think, and Wanchope scored at the South Stand End, and I can vividly remember celebrating the goal. All downhill since then!

Grimsby at home, '93. We won, can't remember the score but they had a yellow away kit and Mendonca played. Went to a couple earlier than that, but not that I can remember.

First away game I can remember was losing away at Everton in the 3rd round of the cup 1-0. '94 I think, maybe '95.

Archived