Derby County v Hull City

Day

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloomers has just tweeted....

"Nigel Clough happy with the performance..."

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

I think he was happy that we kept the ball abit better.. Not the overall performance?

We did seem to have the ball abit more, but no creativity up top.. Who knows what Clough meant, he's made a habit of confusing us all on many occasions.

I think he was happy that we kept the ball abit better.. Not the overall performance?

We did seem to have the ball abit more, but no creativity up top.. Who knows what Clough meant, he's made a habit of confusing us all on many occasions.

he said we played well bris. We were awful today, didn't keep the ball well, played too slow so hull could defend easily and we had no ideas. The defence was shocking and was cut open time and time again, fielding mucked up on the 2nd goal he flapped it into his own net.

he said we played well bris. We were awful today, didn't keep the ball well, played too slow so hull could defend easily and we had no ideas. The defence was shocking and was cut open time and time again, fielding mucked up on the 2nd goal he flapped it into his own net.

That was my view of it too YR.

We were rather dire today. The team as a whole looked sluggish, nobody - well, to be fair to Ward who at least tried - looked like they couldn't be arsed and when Ward put in that cross which was a belter, there wasn't a white shirt anywhere near it.

Brayford didn't have a good match but coming back from injury he's never going to be marvellous is he? Fielding wasn't perfect but he didn't get much help from the defence. Again to be fair, he pulled off a cracking save in the 2nd half.

Easy passes were ballsed up and intercepted too quickly and defence wise we were caught napping, aswell as the linesman for that matter because I'm sure their 2nd was way, way offside.

Clough - we played well. Did we eck and if anybody was watching his body language today, it spoke volumes and in my mind contradicts his post match comments. Like the team, he didn't appear to know what to do.

Not relishing West Ham on the telly.

In my opinion, clough did the best with what he had.. but to say we played well was sickening, we was woeful.

my take

Fielding - 5 - made one decent save apart from that poor.

Roberts - 6 - actually rarely got beaten but offers absolutely nothing going forward.

Shackell - 5 - poor.

O'Brien - 5 - poor.

Brayford - 4 - poor, amount of times he left us exposed at the back was sickening, offered nothing going forward other than 1-2 occasions.

Bryson - 5 - poor.

Hendrick - 5 - poor.

Cywka - 4 - did absolutely nothing.

BDavies - 7 - put some cracking balls into the box, especially first half.

Ward - 6 - isn't a striker though, kept drifting outwide but still tried.

Maguire - 4 - did absolutely nothing.

Barker - came on did nothing, but good decision to put him upfront IMO, can score goals with his head, the only way we was creating was from Bdavies.

Green - came on and did nothing really, although his first touch nearly gifted them a goal.

overall, its quite apparent that if our centre midfielders don't get a grip of the game, then we don't.

Striker or no striker, the problems start in midfield.

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/57500/Wheels-Falling-Off-Hummer-57862

was sat very close to Clough's dug out - when he came out and called Fielding "f..ing daft" for firing a high ball at Jamie Ward's head just after Barker had been brought on, that probably showed what he really felt rather than "good performance".

A lot of the problems stemmed from the bench, where Buxton was presumably cover for a not fully fit Brayford and left us short of options when Theo went off injured. In hindsight could have done with Ball on the bench rather than Buxton. Unfair to blame Fielding for the 2nd goal, chaos of defenders in front of him and i think a deflection off Shackell.

What was disturbing was the amount of times we gave up possession, and both Cywka and Maguire did themselves no favours today as they try and become regular parts of the squad. It's clearly time for O Brien to be rested and Shackell and Barker together at the back for West Ham (though Barker wasn't timing his headers on his return and isn't quite there yet).

The big concern is who plays up front next weekend - Robinson, Tyson, Davies all out - Ward needs someone else with him, which leaves us with only Ball or Bennett ? And if deadline day for loans is Thursday, can we get a left back please, and a striker, and...how many are we allowed again ?

I thought we were ruddy offul.

Hendrick and Ward aside, I don't think anyone put a decent shift in, and the players who are meant to make a difference (Bryson, Davies, Brayford) were absolutely poo, in my opinion. We couldn't string two passes together, and for the goals, they passed it round us without even having to try. Difficult for Brayford as it was his first game back, but he just hasn't looked the player that he was when he signed for us.

The most blatant problem was that in lieu of Robinson, even with Maguire on the pitch, long balls were still being pumped to Ward, and the Hull centre halves could stand still and comfortably beat him to headers. If he's our target man, let's give him some balls to run on to, or play to feet, otherwise it's just a waste of time.

It took my half an hour to notice Cwyka was even on the pitch although he was more lively in the second half. Sticks in my mind that he let a ball run out for a throw rather than keep it in, which was easy, and could have started an attack.

So frustrating as a loan striker could give us another dimension that we basly missed today. More concerning, though, is our fundamental inability to defend. The back four today is arguably the strongest we've fielded this season, and the goals were embarrassing.

Pretty ****, really.

Archived