Derby County v Hull City

Day

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel Clough made the right subs today.

Maguire for Robinson: Robinson was injured and Maguire was the only 'forward' on the bench so it was a no brainer.

Barker for Cywka: Cywka was a bit lazy and no one was heading the ball upfront. For me Barker was the obvious choice and I mentioned bringing him on to be a target man to a friend minutes before.

Green for Hendrick: personally would have brought Maguire off, but Hendrick was tiring so the change was fair.

there have been loads....but he chose tyson,24 minutes into his career at derby he is injured again.fryatt was available.the manager is poor...very poor

there have been loads....but he chose tyson,24 minutes into his career at derby he is injured again.fryatt was available.the manager is poor...very poor

And that's why we're 9th, is it?

we wont mate...look at the team.look at todays decisions the management made.we didnt test the keeper today,and we were at home. we will finish mid table at best

We had 4 shots on target. Still not good but that was without a CF. if we get the right man the results will eventually come. Top 12 by the end of the season in my opinion (if we get someone in). An improvement from last season.

Given that Clough has a tiny budget to work with he is managing with one hand tied behind his back. We can't get loans in until we get the wages we're paying to Leacock, Bywater, Pearson, etc off the books. Recent interviews with Glick and Clough have confirmed that we're over budget. We seriously need someone up front. With S Davies, Robinson and Tyson out injured we need to get someone in. Otherwise I agree with previous comments Ball should play at West Ham - I bet they're sh1tting themselves!

Think we are sinking to our kind of level. Hull are no mugs and have a very capable strike force that our defence really struggled with.

The manner of the defeat is what annoys me once again at PP. Anyone can beat anyone at this level, we just haven't turned up our previous 2 home games.

Starting to dread going to PP on a matchday like I did last year, we set out like an away team for some reason. Zonal marking coupled with a wry wasteful team is a disaster in the making. Too much time and space for the away team, Hull settled quickly after our little flourish for the first 10, didn't trouble them after that.

We are too predictable now too, if we can't pass down one flank we either hoof it or our clueless midfield give it away, we really are lacking someone creative in midfield.

Fielding - 6 - can't blame him for the second goal as he should never have been exposed like that, kicking was accurate but didn't work, playing from the back second half made sense (I'm guessing clough had words)

Roberts - 5 - beat in the air 9/10 and poor going forward, defending wasnt great, passes always put team under pressure.

Shackell - 5 - gad a mare in the first half but improved in the second, not very commanding for a commanding centre half

Obrien - 5 - not involved enough and easily bypassed, could do with a break from the team

Brayford - 6 - looked like a player coming back from injury but otherwise not a terrible day, needs a couple of weeks to get his groove back.

Davies - 5 - crossing rarely beat the first man couldn't take a man on, his game is delivery but he had no one to deliver to so I felt for him, should have scored but couldn't get a clean boot to a through ball.

Bryson - 5 - passenger at best, tried to cover ground but to no effect and didn't really take part.

Hendrick - 4 - awful from the off, my old man watched him alone for 15 min before he went off and he didn't sprint once, passing was always overhit, bad day at the office

Cywka - 5 - did he play first half? Beat his man a couple of times and at least tried a bit second half but to no avail

Ward - 7 - I have gave him an extra Mark for effort. As he is the only one that gave any, isolated up front and struggled to get imposed but beat his man enough times to create chances for an eager partner

Robinson - 6 - looked a threat when on and his coming off changed the game, held ip well and linked well with ward, let's hope he's back soon, we lost the fame when he came off

Subs

Maguire - 4 - didn't look like a man with a point to prove lack of effort and commitment was only beaten by his lack of hold up play, barker has more chance of starting up front next week than this guy

Barker - 6 - didn't do anything wrong and I agree with him going up front as we needed someone to win the ball but didn't have much of a chance, needed to come on 10 min earlier

Green - 6 - midfield looked more confident with him in it, bit off the pace and his control lack but it's to be expected, a welcome return

Summary

We lost the game in midfield, ours was bypassed all game and only looked involved when green came on. Robinsons injury was also a turning point as Maguire couldn't hold the ball up at all. I thought we looked good for the first 15 and first 5 of the second and we competed once Green came on and all other times we were awful

Would have liked to have seen Bennett instead of Maguire in hindsight as he gas looked a stronger and quicker player but overall a terrible display and I'm not looking forward to west ham seeing as we are always poor on tv!

Davies - 5 - crossing rarely beat the first man couldn't take a man on, his game is delivery but he had no one to deliver to so I felt for him, should have scored but couldn't get a clean boot to a through ball.

Disagree with this a little, he put 5/6 balls in from corners that were waiting o be nodded in, fantastic balls in. We don't look a threat from corners anymore, there was one corner from the SE that went straight across the keeper but not 1 rams player was withing 5 yards of it. I feel for him, we're not taking advantage of his deliveries.

Disagree with this a little, he put 5/6 balls in from corners that were waiting o be nodded in, fantastic balls in. We don't look a threat from corners anymore, there was one corner from the SE that went straight across the keeper but not 1 rams player was withing 5 yards of it. I feel for him, we're not taking advantage of his deliveries.

Was commentating more on his outfield play, his corners were good but no one to get on the end of them

I disagree Dangerous, Hull had to pay over a million for a striker that NEEDS service to be successful, he is a decent prospect nothing spectacular and IMO would of added so very little to our side.

My opinion being that we could do with a tall striker, who can use his head and hold up play as that is the only option we miss upfront, we've got speed and we've got players that will get behind and put the ball in the net, we even have strikers that can sit deep and score from outside the box.

Make no mistake our problems stem in midfield particularly in central midfield, we only have Bailey who can control the game for us and before anyone disagrees I find it almost irritating that both our bad runs have come at exactly the point he got injured (this year and last)

I don't think we need a massive overhall in players, nor do I believe we need a multimillion pound striker... we just need to bulk the squad up with players and keep the team spirit going, Clough has done an exceptional job this year, injuries have ruined that but still can't take credit away from him.

I disagree Dangerous, Hull had to pay over a million for a striker that NEEDS service to be successful, he is a decent prospect nothing spectacular and IMO would of added so very little to our side.

My opinion being that we could do with a tall striker, who can use his head and hold up play as that is the only option we miss upfront, we've got speed and we've got players that will get behind and put the ball in the net, we even have strikers that can sit deep and score from outside the box.

Make no mistake our problems stem in midfield particularly in central midfield, we only have Bailey who can control the game for us and before anyone disagrees I find it almost irritating that both our bad runs have come at exactly the point he got injured (this year and last)

I don't think we need a massive overhall in players, nor do I believe we need a multimillion pound striker... we just need to bulk the squad up with players and keep the team spirit going, Clough has done an exceptional job this year, injuries have ruined that but still can't take credit away from him.

I bet that last paragraph brings out a few!!

Archived