Interesting stat

Bris Vegas

No, we were pointing out that you were slating Clough for tactics that you clearly haven't seen. If you had, you'd have answered a very simple question that you keep dodging for the only reason you would, because you were slating those tactics without ever seeing the game in question.

And I have added to the debate when talking to curb, as you can see if you go backwards in pages, plus I have replied to you numerous times at the start of the thread. I'm still perplexed by your attack on Clough that had no reasoning behind it, but meh!

That's how some people roll. And those chaps really puts me off this forum.

Had no reasoning behind it? Have you even checked the facts I presented at the start of this thread, someone called me out saying I have nothing to base my 'opinion' on.. I gave them facts, now instead of debating the point, they then turn on me by saying how would you know you weren't even there etc..

I didn't need to be there or at any other game to tell you that those facts are frighteningly bad..

And I have seen everygame to judge my opinion, if that makes you feel slightly better.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What utter rubbish. After being on the rack most of the game, we battered soton in the last ten minutes and came close to scoring on a few occasions.

Going to answer my reworded question?

Win 0% Draw 59% Lose 41%

Though this season we've improved, I'd give you that.. Win 0% Draw 75% Lose 25%

We've improved at keeping the ball out of our net.. Good job NC I'd say for that.. Now to those winning stats, oh!

What utter rubbish. After being on the rack most of the game, we battered soton in the last ten minutes and came close to scoring on a few occasions.

Going to answer my reworded question?

I'll tell you what Sage.. I'll have a little wager with you, don't worry no money it's all in good nature..

At the end of the season, I'll make a table of all the teams last 10 minutes when drawing at 80 minutes.. Percentages for all..

I'll make a wager that Derby County don't have a win percentage of more than 12% and that we are in the bottom three of the league table in comparison to all the other teams..

We'll see how negative in the last 10 minutes we are then... What do you say? If I lose I'll personally quit this forum for good.. Sounds good?

Oh and if we fail to do so, you have to admit that we are poor, disastrous, abysmal, shocking.. whatever you like. with 10 minutes to go

Bris, no-one us saying that we dont score in the last ten minutes, or turn things round.

What the problem with is you stated that we were negative soon after the end of the game, and people doubt whether you saw it. It's on topic because it is in your original post on that thread. Dud you see the Peterborough game before posting that. Saying no doesnt invalidate your general argument, just your comments regarding that initial response to the match.

Both mine and Alex's point is, you specifically called our last ten minutes against Peteborough negative. I would like to know what visual or audio evidence you had to hand to make that judgement at that time?

Well he based that view on the previous games prior to that, take for example Alex having an opinion on tevez without knowing all the facts, he is entitled to do so, even if he is wrong. (bris that is)

IMO we are poorer towards the latter stages of the game because our squad is weak, our players get tired and we have to replace with players that aren't good enough, this results in us losing points in the last quarter.

Is this thread going to stop going round in circles? Cos if not, we might as well close it now.

Well it seems that Bris won't admit what we've all worked out, that he slagged off a performance that he hadn't seen, so it might as well be closed.

Well he based that view on the previous games prior to that, take for example Alex having an opinion on tevez without knowing all the facts, he is entitled to do so, even if he is wrong. (bris that is)

But I am open to learning more if evidence is shown and changing my view upon such evidence 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Oh, and yes, close the thread. It has run its course.

But I am open to learning more if evidence is shown and changing my view upon such evidence 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Oh, and yes, close the thread. It has run its course.

But the chances are the evidence will be that he is in the wrong, and your view being based upon his past is correct, as yet no one has proved bris wrong so how can you have a go at him ?

Yup, thread run its course, let's hope there's not another one started 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

But the chances are the evidence will be that he is in the wrong, and your view being based upon his past is correct, as yet no one has proved bris wrong so how can you have a go at him ?

Yup, thread run its course, let's hope there's not another one started 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Many people have on the main point we're bringing up, the other one we've discussed previously, or atleast a few of us brought it up.

I'm also basing my Tevez view on the new information, though we can chat about this in that thread 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

And yes, please God. No more.

I hope we are making progress in that area.. Though I'm still not convinced by this seasons performances late on.. Against Barnsley we kept attacking and S.Davies should have won it for us, but Barnsley also had their chances and had it not been for a Shackell (handball?) we could have lost..

As for Reading, we made no attempt to win the game.. None whatsoever.

Against Southampton only one team was going to win it, and Lambert had a great chance to get them the 3 points.. We didn't go all out defensive, but we rarely looked like we wanted to win that game.. Clough was happy to sit on a 1-1, that attitude irritates me..

Against Peterborough we took off our 2 most attacking players in Robinson and Ward and replaced them with 2 youths.. That's not looking for a win, that's eating up precious time and holidng out for a draw.. Peterborough didn't make a late sub, they took all their throwins, goalkicks, freekicks etc.. With pace, they wanted to keep the game moving.. We slowed everything down, we wanted the 2-2..NC was happy with 2-2..

It's this attitude that irks me.. NC once said 'if we can't win whatever we do don't lose'... Do you remember? Such a poor attitude, we should be going for the win, as draws are pointless in this league, in any league infact.. If you drew everygame you'd go down..

IMO the teams that want to win are the teams that score late on.. Those that sit back get nothing, like we have done for sooo long now!

Spot on.Like i said on the earlier thread,I would love to see Norwich City's record in the last 10 mins of matches under the VERY POSITIVE Paul Lambert.

Stop going off topic please.. This thread is designed to debate the mentality going into the final 10 minutes.. Not to try and belittle other peoples opinions because you think those that were there at Peterborough have some sort of superior knowledge to those that weren't.

So what do you think to our mentality? Are you happy with it?

We're 8th, I'm happy with our mentality.

Whilst I agree that our points return in the last 10 minutes is extremely poor, I don't think it can all be put down to negative tactics because there are plenty of things which can influence games late on.

Just as an example would you say Man United conceding 4 in the final 10 minutes against Man City was because of negative tactics?

• 3 years later...

Following on from the negativity of Nigel Clough...

Our last 10 minute record is poor this season, has to be said.

Steve McClaren out!

Just as a little reminder, look back at that XI that played against Peterborough. My god it's awful. Our strike partnership was Connor Doyle and Theo Robinson.

That actually makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Archived