Interesting stat

Bris Vegas

You started a thread about us being negative in the last ten minutes of a specific match. I suspect you hadn't seen the game at that point. That affects the validity of your argument.

You are making yourself look foolish by refusing to answer the question. Had you seen the match when you started that thread. Yes or No?

When you've answered that question, I will happily debate whether we have been negative this season.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bris, try saying this, it works for politicians.......

In answer to the question from the right honourable members....."you may say that, I couldn't possibly comment" 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

No I won't acknowledge it.. Hughes was brought on to waste up precious time so we can hold out for a draw.. Why else would you take off your most creative midfielder for a youth? To waste time..

As for Bennett and Robinson, yeh great idea, take off your near top scorer who had already bagged 2 goals that game for a 15 year old.. If Clough wanted to win that game Bryson or Hendrick would have made way for a striker.. (Bennett).. Not taking off your 2 players who are most likely to score..

Once again, how is that anything but negative? Seriously?

I didn't see Peterborough make any pointless subs late on to waste time, did you? Probably because they wanted to win the game, and not for the first time this season, they've hit a late winner.

Jamie Ward had just taken a free kick on the edge of the box (perfect for Ben Davies) and cleared the stadium with it, I wouldn't be surprised if Clough had done it to make a point. That and Ward was gobbing off at the ref and asking for a red card.

(And yes, I went).

No I won't acknowledge it.. Hughes was brought on to waste up precious time so we can hold out for a draw.. Why else would you take off your most creative midfielder for a youth? To waste time..

As for Bennett and Robinson, yeh great idea, take off your near top scorer who had already bagged 2 goals that game for a 15 year old.. If Clough wanted to win that game Bryson or Hendrick would have made way for a striker.. (Bennett).. Not taking off your 2 players who are most likely to score..

Once again, how is that anything but negative? Seriously?

I didn't see Peterborough make any pointless subs late on to waste time, did you? Probably because they wanted to win the game, and not for the first time this season, they've hit a late winner.

You're effectively saying, we should just go all out to try and win, no matter the consequences at the other end.

If you actually watched the match, Bryson and Hendrick were already overrun in midfield. To take one of them off for a striker would have been an even worse move than bringing Hughes on (not that I totally agreed with that given the stage of the game). We definitely would have lost then, so I'd rather see a kid get a run out if that's the case.

Robinson looked knackered and that's the only reason I can think for bringing him off.

I was as frustrated as anyone else, as a post in another thread reflects, but it definitely was not negativity. We had a ball right across their box fairly late on. That's not negativity, that's a lack of experience and quality to put the ball in the net - an argument for an altogether different time.

Jamie Ward had just taken a free kick on the edge of the box (perfect for Ben Davies) and cleared the stadium with it, I wouldn't be surprised if Clough had done it to make a point. That and Ward was gobbing off at the ref and asking for a red card.

(And yes, I went).

Sorry Trekkie Ram, we can't have had a free kick on the edge of their box in the last ten minutes. You must be mistaken.

It was the 85th minute and he got taken off in the 88th minute.

My comment was tongue-in-cheek, although the BBC report confirms it as the 79th minute. I thought Ward's free-kick was before Theo skied his 'I wanna be a hero' chance, and he was substituted on 83minutes (it was).

A scoreboard with the time on it might have helped =). I assumed it was on the roof of our stand and we just couldn't see it, but apparently not.

My comment was tongue-in-cheek, although the BBC report confirms it as the 79th minute. I thought Ward's free-kick was before Theo skied his 'I wanna be a hero' chance, and he was substituted on 83minutes (it was).

A scoreboard with the time on it might have helped =). I assumed it was on the roof of our stand and we just couldn't see it, but apparently not.

If it was on the roof of your stand, Ward's free kick might have hit it.

(And yes, I went).

Ben Davies had god knows how many free kicks and corners that barely beat the first man. Can't blame 'em for changing it.

You started a thread about us being negative in the last ten minutes of a specific match. I suspect you hadn't seen the game at that point. That affects the validity of your argument.

You are making yourself look foolish by refusing to answer the question. Had you seen the match when you started that thread. Yes or No?

When you've answered that question, I will happily debate whether we have been negative this season.

But this forum is for debating Derby County.. Well especially in this part of the forum..

It's not for debating personal lives, so what does it matter if I saw the game or not.. It's not relevant to the point, and no, it doesn't make you or anyone else a better fan because you go to more games..

This thread is to debate whether you think we're negative in the last 10 minutes of play, why are you posting on this thread if you're not going to contribute to the post? You've not onced debated this point, why? It's a Derby County topic, why are you going off topic by asking pointless questions about my personal life?

It's not relevant to the point?

The point is that you claimed we were negative once again, when we weren't. You then criticised Clough for it, despite not seeing the game yourself.

You had no idea what went on, and it just so happened that we weren't negative and probably cost ourselves the point by not being more defensive.

You refuse to answer a simple question asking whether you were there to back up your opinion, so presumably wrote that little piece to either insult Clough or wind other forum members up. Is it me, or is that wummery? I think so.

It's not relevant to the point?

The point is that you claimed we were negative once again, when we weren't. You then criticised Clough for it, despite not seeing the game yourself.

You had no idea what went on, and it just so happened that we weren't negative and probably cost ourselves the point by not being more defensive.

You refuse to answer a simple question asking whether you were there to back up your opinion, so presumably wrote that little piece to either insult Clough or wind other forum members up. Is it me, or is that wummery? I think so.

Alex, do you think you're a better fan than me or something?

Whether you listen to the game via the radio or Rams Player, sit there live in the freezing cold, watch via a stream, watch via your workplace, happen to know the guy whose broadcasting the game, gather information from fellow journalists, call your dad immediately after the game etc.. You are entitled to your opinion..

I get the feeling you and Sage think you are better fans than me, trying to point out the fact that I wasnt there (I obviously wasn't there because I don't reside in the UK).. That doesn't make you a better fan, get over it.. It doesn't make your opinion any better than mine..

So why is that point relevant.. Why do you keep bringing it up and diverting the attention away from the original posta.. I'd like to know what you think on that? Not whether you think you're a better fan or trying to belittle me with petty comments like 'you weren't even there'

Take me out of the equation for a second.. OK imagine a Crystal Palace fan came on the forum and made exactly the same post, he's posting facts from a 2 year period.. What does it matter if he went to P'Boro or not, you shouldn't be questioning whether he went, only his opinion.. It's a forum afterall.. I just get the impression that when you don't like the truth and can't admit we have major falls, you then attack the poster rather than the original point..

It's petty and uncalled for

I actually have a problem with you attacking Clough's tactics despite you having no idea how we went on.

If you had posted that thread after seeing the game yourself on Ramsplayer, or speaking to people on here after the game etc then i'd have no problem at all with you posting it, even if it would be abundantly clear that you'd be wrong.

What I do have a problem with is you posting such a thread with no idea how we went on, slating Clough for it and complaining about things that never happened. Even people who always agree with you have pointed out that you're wrong with what you're saying regarding the Peterborough game.

And yet you posted that thread within what, 30 mins of the match ending? Complaining that we'd been undone by negative tactics in the last ten minutes? Which is was rubbish.

If you're trying to play the victim then it isn't going to work, making threads that attack a manager for things that haven't happened and then expecting people to just go along with it without pointing out that what you're saying is rubbish isn't going to happen.

And no, I don't think ex-pats opinions mean less than mine, I talk to enough myself through my own work. I am neither ignorant or attacking you because I think i'm better than you (I'm just another fan for God's sake), but I will pull you up on comments attacking a manager just because you're either attempting to turn people against Clough who weren't there, or just attacking him because you can.

I do not argue because I disagree with you, rather that i'm annoyed that you'd attack a manager for things that you can't have known about and didn't happen.

Ok, firstly I do know what went on..

Secondly, so you don't think we have a problem or a negative attitude going into the final 10 minutes of games? Regardless of the stat 0% wins 59% draws 41% losses?

For the final time, please, if you want to debate on this threat, please stick to the debate and not go off topic with petty questions about whether I was there..

Then you will agree that we weren't at all negative, good.

I have already responded to that earlier in the thread, and at length with curb. I'm not going to repeat myself, you can see my replies there.

And I would've mentioned it in your previous thread, but you seemed to go AWOL from there and didn't answer anyone.

Then you will agree that we weren't at all negative, good.

I have already responded to that earlier in the thread, and at length with curb. I'm not going to repeat myself, you can see my replies there.

And I would've mentioned it in your previous thread, but you seemed to go AWOL from there and didn't answer anyone.

We were negative, and have been for the best part of 2 years..

If you don't agre, OK, that's fine.. That's your opinion.. If you think we have a fantastic record going into the last 10 minutes of games, OK, that's fine.. But I'd hate it if we all of a sudden had a poor record going into the last 10 minutes, we could be in real trouble then.

Archived