Interesting stat

Bris Vegas

So now you're trying to put down my fact by stating I haven't seen the game..

Nicely done.

Facts are facts.. I've presented them so it's clear for all to see, now I get the usual 'you don't go to games remark'.. Grade A putdown.. Well done.

I think the 'Forest fan in disguise' one is next. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

There is actually an argument that it hasn't happened as much so far this season, but they're all too hung up on trying to discredit you to see it.

The reason for that is that we've been retaining the ball better (one reason for that is Savage not being here), however the last few games we've gone backwards again and we aren't doing the basics of passing and moving so well.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the 'Forest fan in disguise' one is next. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

There is actually an argument that it hasn't happened as much so far this season, but they're all too hung up on trying to discredit you to see it.

The reason for that is that we've been retaining the ball better (one reason for that is Savage not being here), however the last few games we've gone backwards again and we aren't doing the basics of passing and moving so well.

Is it me, or have we got half a side out? Perhaps the numerous injuries have affected how fluid our play is? Just a thought 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Oh, and this is Bris, Haywood and Curb all unhappy with tactics. Is anyone really suprised? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Last time we gained points in the last 10 mins was a 1-0 win vs Bristol City at home in September 2009, A Gary Teale(?!) winner in the 85th min!

Thanks Cumbrian..

Wow good old Gray Teale.. Over two years ago that happened, I wouldn't put it against us as having the record for the longest run in the football league.. I might contact Radio Derby and see if they can clarify this..

All in all, a simply abysmal record.

Bris!

Clough lost his first game in charge.

Just sayin'

I never said he didn't..

I said when he took over we had a period where we won 5 games on the trot or something like that.. I never said from his first game in charge we won 5 games on the trot.. It happened I think a few weeks after his first game in charge

Including incidentally a late minute winner away at Florest in the cup..

Bris, would you please answer my question as the answer is key to this debate.

When you launched your 'Negativity' thread, accusing Derby of losing that game due to negative tactics in the last ten minutes, had you watched the game on stream or Ramsplayer?

There is so much wrong with your view that it's hard to debate your point with you, as there's far too much to bring up against it. We'd be here all day.

How often have we needed to score in the last ten minutes I wonder? How often do we score in the 60th-70th minute against teams home and away? Often we haven't need to score in the last ten minutes to win a game, so the stats aren't going to show that we're always doing it. We're more often ahead until the last ten minutes so we aren't going to be flying forward, and when we are getting forward if you check the stats most of our goals come around 20 mins from time.

You were proved wrong in regard to the Peterborough game, i'm not sure how you're defending the 'we were negative' argument when it's so blindingly obvious that we weren't.

Variables my good man, variables tear your argument apart. "The world is not black and white, but many shades of grey." The same can be said of why we've not won a game in the last ten minutes for that long, and of course for your theory that we're far too negative every time we lose a lead/point.

Bris, would you please answer my question as the answer is key to this debate.

When you launched your 'Negativity' thread, accusing Derby of losing that game due to negative tactics in the last ten minutes, had you watched the game on stream or Ramsplayer?

But your not debating me.. Your debating the point, the fact, that we're winless since 2009.. Whether I've said it, YoungRam has said it, Cumbrian has said it, Daveo has said it, you have said it etc.. It doesn't matter who said it.. The points and facts still remain.

We're setting up a different debate here which is irrelevant.

But your not debating me.. Your debating the point, the fact, that we're winless since 2009.. Whether I've said it, YoungRam has said it, Cumbrian has said it, Daveo has said it, you have said it etc.. It doesn't matter who said it.. The points and facts still remain.

We're setting up a different debate here which is irrelevant.

Back-peddling, do better.

Answer his question. If you're going to make a statement and then bugger off and refuse to answer those who've pointed out you're wrong, then you indeed a WUM.

Answer the mans question, you must have seen the game at the time to post such a thread when you did. Because, I mean, otherwise you'd just be attemtping to wind people up wouldn't you 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

There is so much wrong with your view that it's hard to debate your point with you, as there's far too much to bring up against it. We'd be here all day.

How often have we needed to score in the last ten minutes I wonder? How often do we score in the 60th-70th minute against teams home and away? Often we haven't need to score in the last ten minutes to win a game, so the stats aren't going to show that we're always doing it. We're more often ahead until the last ten minutes so we aren't going to be flying forward, and when we are getting forward if you check the stats most of our goals come around 20 mins from time.

You were proved wrong in regard to the Peterborough game, i'm not sure how you're defending the 'we were negative' argument when it's so blindingly obvious that we weren't.

Variables my good man, variables tear your argument apart. "The world is not black and white, but many shades of grey." The same can be said of why we've not won a game in the last ten minutes for that long, and of course for your theory that we're far too negative every time we lose a lead/point.

33 times last season and 9 times this season.

Are you genuinely suggesting that every game where we've gone on to draw or lose, we should blame tactics? Are going to mention games where we've come back to earn a draw?

Are we going to add these stats to games where we've let last minute winners in throw just general good play from opponents? Are we going to mention games where we went all out attack but just couldn't break other teams down?

Are we going to ignore games where we've come from behind to win but scored earlier than the last ten minutes?

There's so much you can't see by just looking at simple stats. Besides which, if no-one has noticed, we haven't exactly been world beaters for the past few years, the team is limited as to what it can do. Or atleast was.

You asked 'how often have we needed to score in the last 10 minutes?'

Well we've drawn or lost in 42 games out of those 62, so obviously it would have been nice to have scored in the last 10 minutes of those games, or are you saying we didn't WANT to score in those games?

Did you go on Saturday?

You asked 'how often have we needed to score in the last 10 minutes?'

Well we've drawn or lost in 42 games out of those 62, so obviously it would have been nice to have scored in the last 10 minutes of those games, or are you saying we didn't WANT to score in those games?

Did you go on Saturday?

What I am saying is that perhaps sometimes we have done well to earn a point before then, sometimes goals have been conceded so late that we haven't been able to reply. Other times we've been pressing but haven't managed to reply with a goal.

In some of our wins we've come from behind, earned a draw and then pushed on to win all before the 80th minute. This season I can't recall any games aside from the Watford game where we've sat back and defending for a point (and ironically managed to win).

The fact that we don't often score in the 80th minute onwards doesn't automatically mean that we're negative or Clough is to blame. There are many, many reasons why. I dare say we're one of the better teams for scoring in the second half of games in the league.

And no, I didn't. I read the match reports, listened to fans who came back from the game and spoke to a few reporters about it.

What I am saying is that perhaps sometimes we have done well to earn a point before then, sometimes goals have been conceded so late that we haven't been able to reply. Other times we've been pressing but haven't managed to reply with a goal.

In some of our wins we've come from behind, earned a draw and then pushed on to win all before the 80th minute. This season I can't recall any games aside from the Watford game where we've sat back and defending for a point (and ironically managed to win).

The fact that we don't often score in the 80th minute onwards doesn't automatically mean that we're negative or Clough is to blame. There are many, many reasons why. I dare say we're one of the better teams for scoring in the second half of games in the league.

And no, I didn't. I read the match reports, listened to fans who came back from the game and spoke to a few reporters about it.

So YOU are able to form an opinion based on feedback from sources other than actually being there at the game?

Archived