Interesting stat

Bris Vegas

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So YOU are able to form an opinion based on feedback from sources other than actually being there at the game?

Yes, though I did not immediately jump to one opinion and blame/praise anyone without hearing numerous testimonies and the thoughts of two journalists who're paid every weekend to write match reports. Based on collective information, from both fans and unbiased journalists, i'm able to assume that the game did go one way or another. I also listened for what info was being given at the time, such as the substitutions, and so can make my own mind up at the end of all that what happened.

What I did not do however is, without seeing the game and merely focusing on result, create a thread blasting the manager for poor tactics when I hadn't seen the game and could have no idea of what actually happened there until later on.

Well done, so

What I am saying is that perhaps sometimes we have done well to earn a point before then, sometimes goals have been conceded so late that we haven't been able to reply. Other times we've been pressing but haven't managed to reply with a goal.

The point is we have NEVER come back from losing or drawing to rescue a point or points in the last 10 minutes, whereas other teams have done it to us 11 times in the same period, even with your rose coloured blinkers you must be able to see this is an unusual statistic.

Last year we had a problem with the last ten minutes of games. I think it's over-simplistic to blame all the points we dropped on being negative. Against QPR, for instance it was quite the opposite.

This year we appear to have a net loss of 1 point in the last ten minutes over 14 games. In that game, the overwhelming evidence from eye witness accounts is we weren't being negative.

Last seaaon's problem. Last season's news.

Well done, so

The point is we have NEVER come back from losing or drawing to rescue a point or points in the last 10 minutes, whereas other teams have done it to us 11 times in the same period, even with your rose coloured blinkers you must be able to see this is an unusual statistic.

Never? And if you extended that time limit to the last 'twenty' minutes I imagine you'd find quite a few games where we were able to do so.

That stats doesn't necessarily mean what Bris is suggesting, that we're negative in every game in the last ten minutes. It could mean that we've either already made the breakthrough we needed or simply weren't able to score. It also doesn't factor in late goals in the last few minutes, or games where we've been out of sight yet continued to attack, which invited a bigger risk of the opponents scoring.

There are many reasons. While we may well be one of the worse sides at equalising/winning in the last ten minutes, this doesn't imply that we're a bad side, and doesn't take into account how weakened/poor in general the side was at times last season.

Different side, different ethos, and many different reasons for stats like that.

Last year we had a problem with the last ten minutes of games. I think it's over-simplistic to blame all the points we dropped on being negative. Against QPR, for instance it was quite the opposite.

This year we appear to have a net loss of 1 point in the last ten minutes over 14 games. In that game, the overwhelming evidence from eye witness accounts is we weren't being negative.

Last seaaon's problem. Last season's news.

Were you there?

Well done, your opinion is valid then, I wasn't, so I can't comment further.

People who didn't go can still have valid opinions, if they have listened to enough fan testimonies and informed people who were there. Or of course watched the actual footage 24 hours after the game.

I can't comment on the QPR game because I wasn't there and don't know any journalists, respectable or otherwise.

That's not what I was saying and you know it. What I was trying to point out is that Bris came up with this argument straight away after a game, with seemingly no evidence for it other than his own presumptions.

Trying to make me out to be some uppity ******** just because I disagree with you seems a little un-needed.

Just trying to establish the ground rules, you were the one hung up on whether people had actually been at the game or not.

Yes, a few games we have been negative towards the end, Brum springs to mind and Watford, luckily we managed to hang on and nobody commented because we got the result.

I think in the last few games with the exceptoin of Pompey (obviously) we've been giving the ball away too much and been on the back foot for most of the game, when you're chasing the game you tire more and that's when you start seeing more goals given away at the end of games.

I think that we do tire towards the end of games, partly because of how we play and partly as we have a lot of young players and players carrying knocks.

My point about seeing the game, whether it is live or on tv/stream was based on Bris (probably) having a go at Derby's performance with no evidence, just last season's record.

Archived