Interesting stat

Bris Vegas

If you truly belive that we were negative that day then i'd question your tactical judgement. Alot.

And I do not believe it's a terrible record, I also do not think it's a good record, as I have explained before. I am not going to repeat myself, you can see my opinion on it clearly enough on previous pages.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bris, you started a thread commenting on a specific game and our tactics in the last ten minutes.

I'm not trying to argue about going go the game v watching on tv/stream, I'm just asking if you had watched the game in any format before you started the Negativity thread.

I will ask it again. Had you seen the game at that point? Yes or No?

Whilst our record in the final 10 minutes was awful last season, and we once again conceded late against Peterborough, we have come a long way towards tackling that problem. The problem with your comments Bris, is that you are exclusively blaming negativity, when that was not the case. It may have been part of the problem last season, but with an available squad that is changing on a monthly basis you cannot quote facts from even 8 months ago as being 'current' facts.

Sage isn't saying you are less of a fan, you are putting words where they don't exist. Sage is stating the obvious; if you didn't see the game, how can you say we were negative? Your whole argument is based on a lot of assumption, and what I would consider old facts. The Peterborough game was the exception rather than the rule, and you won't see us throw anywhere near as many points away this season as we did last, and it's already been pointed out that we've already turned three 0-1's into 2-1's, I can't remember us doing that last season.

We are making decent steps forward, and given another summer transfer window, I can see us building a squad that is truly capable of a promotion charge.

If you truly belive that we were negative that day then i'd question your tactical judgement. Alot.

And I do not believe it's a terrible record, I also do not think it's a good record, as I have explained before. I am not going to repeat myself, you can see my opinion on it clearly enough on previous pages.

Just a question, but did you go Alex ?

Just a question, but did you go Alex ?

As i've said before, no. I spoke to a few journalists who I usually sit with who were there and read the comments on here. I've since watched the match on Ramsplayer, or should I say the last twenty minutes to see for myself.

The point that people are trying to make is that many of us wouldn't make such a thread without atleast a few hours of talking to people and reading match reports if you hadn't seen the game. You can't have an objective view without doing that, unless you've seen the match live. (Whether it be at the ground, stream or any other way)

Wheras Bris made such a comment within half an hour of the final whistle. Presumably he saw the match himself to respond so quickly?

He might or might not be a better fan than you, but he sure is a better supporter. I have never read one of your posts where you have supported the team or Clough.

So he's a better supporter than me because he sees everything as rosy, and doesn't dare question such an obvious fault within our club.. Your bang on the money mate, well done.. I bow down to you superior supporters

So he's a better supporter than me because he sees everything as rosy, and doesn't dare question such an obvious fault within our club.. Your bang on the money mate, well done.. I bow down to you superior supporters

Putting words in my mouth once again, very well done. Read my thoughts on the matter properly if you're going to quote me.

Bris, please answer my question. Had you seen the game when you started the Negativity thread ?

www.dcfcfans.co.uk statistics

username: sageisback

number of posts: 853 posts

most contributed thread: 'interesting stat' (791 posts)

most asked question: Bris, did you see the Peterborough game? (763 posts)

F**k me pal, let it go, he clearly, probably, maybe, didn't see it, I've wrote a lovely post 4/5 up from this one backing your point, but give it a rest mate.

Bris, please answer my question. Had you seen the game when you started the Negativity thread ?

Stop going off topic please.. This thread is designed to debate the mentality going into the final 10 minutes.. Not to try and belittle other peoples opinions because you think those that were there at Peterborough have some sort of superior knowledge to those that weren't.

So what do you think to our mentality? Are you happy with it?

He's not going to answer, and we all know why. I'll ignore him from now on.

And Trekkie, I have only one identitiy. And Daveo wishes it was his. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

He's not going to answer, and we all know why. I'll ignore him from now on.

And Trekkie, I have only one identitiy. And Daveo wishes it was his. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

So instead of actually debating the point, you've spent the past 3 or 4 pages trying to belittle someones opinion because he wasn't there at Peterborough. Well done. What a great contribution to the debate you were..

Stop going off topic please.. This thread is designed to debate the mentality going into the final 10 minutes.. Not to try and belittle other peoples opinions because you think those that were there at Peterborough have some sort of superior knowledge to those that weren't.

So what do you think to our mentality? Are you happy with it?

Re-post

Whilst our record in the final 10 minutes was awful last season, and we once again conceded late against Peterborough, we have come a long way towards tackling that problem. The problem with your comments Bris, is that you are exclusively blaming negativity, when that was not the case. It may have been part of the problem last season, but with an available squad that is changing on a monthly basis you cannot quote facts from even 8 months ago as being 'current' facts.

Sage isn't saying you are less of a fan, you are putting words where they don't exist. Sage is stating the obvious; if you didn't see the game, how can you say we were negative? Your whole argument is based on a lot of assumption, and what I would consider old facts. The Peterborough game was the exception rather than the rule, and you won't see us throw anywhere near as many points away this season as we did last, and it's already been pointed out that we've already turned three 0-1's into 2-1's, I can't remember us doing that last season.

We are making decent steps forward, and given another summer transfer window, I can see us building a squad that is truly capable of a promotion charge.

Bris, virtually every poster on this thread has asked you to answer the question. Again I am stating quite clearly, I'm not making an attempt to draw comparisons between watching a game in the flesh and watching it on tv/stream. I've now said this at least 3 times.

What I am asking when you started the Negativity thread what access had you had to the tactics employed in the game?

Had you a) watched the game on tv/stream 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> listened to radio Derby? C) listened on RamsPlayer or d) read the text commentary on the BBC website.

I would just like to understand how you came to the judgement you made about that particular game.

Are you happier to answer now?

So instead of actually debating the point, you've spent the past 3 or 4 pages trying to belittle someones opinion because he wasn't there at Peterborough. Well done. What a great contribution to the debate you were..

No, we were pointing out that you were slating Clough for tactics that you clearly haven't seen. If you had, you'd have answered a very simple question that you keep dodging for the only reason you would, because you were slating those tactics without ever seeing the game in question.

And I have added to the debate when talking to curb, as you can see if you go backwards in pages, plus I have replied to you numerous times at the start of the thread. I'm still perplexed by your attack on Clough that had no reasoning behind it, but meh!

That's how some people roll. And those chaps really puts me off this forum.

Re-post

I hope we are making progress in that area.. Though I'm still not convinced by this seasons performances late on.. Against Barnsley we kept attacking and S.Davies should have won it for us, but Barnsley also had their chances and had it not been for a Shackell (handball?) we could have lost..

As for Reading, we made no attempt to win the game.. None whatsoever.

Against Southampton only one team was going to win it, and Lambert had a great chance to get them the 3 points.. We didn't go all out defensive, but we rarely looked like we wanted to win that game.. Clough was happy to sit on a 1-1, that attitude irritates me..

Against Peterborough we took off our 2 most attacking players in Robinson and Ward and replaced them with 2 youths.. That's not looking for a win, that's eating up precious time and holidng out for a draw.. Peterborough didn't make a late sub, they took all their throwins, goalkicks, freekicks etc.. With pace, they wanted to keep the game moving.. We slowed everything down, we wanted the 2-2..NC was happy with 2-2..

It's this attitude that irks me.. NC once said 'if we can't win whatever we do don't lose'... Do you remember? Such a poor attitude, we should be going for the win, as draws are pointless in this league, in any league infact.. If you drew everygame you'd go down..

IMO the teams that want to win are the teams that score late on.. Those that sit back get nothing, like we have done for sooo long now!

Archived