Midfield

Hendrick = Bailey > Bryson > Green > Addo > My dog > Pearson

Strikers

Maguire > Robinson > Tyson > Bennett > S.Davies

Wingers

Cywka > Ward > B.Davies

Defenders

Shackell > O'Brien > Anderson = Barker > Buxton

What about Kilbane, surely he deserves a ranking.

Midfield

Hendrick = Bailey > Bryson > Green > Addo > My dog > Pearson

Strikers

Maguire > Robinson > Tyson > Bennett > S.Davies

Wingers

Cywka > Ward > B.Davies

Defenders

Shackell > O'Brien > Anderson = Barker > Buxton

wow .... totally disagree...those names were written randomly were they?

You should really wear some sort of hat in that Mexican sun. Anderson better than Barker 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

= means equals.. Not better

Anderson was just as poor as Barker over the past 2 seasons.. Hence the = sign

Actually last season Barker was our worst defender on numerous occasions

= means equals.. Not better

Anderson was just as poor as Barker over the past 2 seasons.. Hence the = sign

Actually last season Barker was our worst defender on numerous occasions

Thought it may have been a typo. Still can't agree he's on the same level as Anderson. He won the fans player of the year 09/10 so I'd imagine you may be in a very small minority with that one.

Singing their praises yesterday but last night I thought that Hendrick and Bryson were really poor. We conceded 3 and our defence wasn't that bad at times.

In comparison to whittingham's movement they were invisible.

People seem to rate Hendrick as a tackler. I just don't see it. They're all poor in that department IMO. Only Hendrick won one 50/50.

Singing their praises yesterday but last night I thought that Hendrick and Bryson were really poor. We conceded 3 and our defence wasn't that bad at times.

In comparison to whittingham's movement they were invisible.

People seem to rate Hendrick as a tackler. I just don't see it. They're all poor in that department IMO. Only Hendrick won one 50/50.

It was basically the reserves last night out there, and it certainly showed. It also showed that Bryson and Hendrick need decent players around them to shine.

Cardiff knew where we were weak, too. They no we've got no "give it and go" passers in our side, and every time a player got the ball he was charged down by 3 or 4 Cardiff players. Players like Buxton, Kilbane and Roberts in particular found it a nightmare.

Hendrick's ball winning was absolutely supreme against Milwall and I'm not really sure why his physical performances vary so much - esepcially when Cardiff are far more of a footballing side. I think Hendrick's weakness at the moment is finding space against high-pressing teams. Boy has he struggled against Cardiff and Leciester.

As for Bryson, he just really wasn't at it yesterday. All the more fustrating because it wasn't from lack of effort.

It was basically the reserves last night out there, and it certainly showed. It also showed that Bryson and Hendrick need decent players around them to shine.

Cardiff knew where we were weak, too. They no we've got no "give it and go" passers in our side, and every time a player got the ball he was charged down by 3 or 4 Cardiff players. Players like Buxton, Kilbane and Roberts in particular found it a nightmare.

Hendrick's ball winning was absolutely supreme against Milwall and I'm not really sure why his physical performances vary so much - esepcially when Cardiff are far more of a footballing side. I think Hendrick's weakness at the moment is finding space against high-pressing teams. Boy has he struggled against Cardiff and Leciester.

As for Bryson, he just really wasn't at it yesterday. All the more fustrating because it wasn't from lack of effort.

I think it was simply a case of us having to put out a very much weakened team and Cardiff executing a game plan that swamped us in midfield making it almost impossible to pass it through. We couldn't really knock it over the top as both of our forwards were somewhat on the small side. We missed Robinson and his pace to knock it into space to as an option.

Cardiff are a good side with very experienced players. Considering that all of their goals came from silly mistakes I suspect that had we fielded anything like a first choice 11 out there it could have been a different game - still tough but much more competitive.

I think it was simply a case of us having to put out a very much weakened team and Cardiff executing a game plan that swamped us in midfield making it almost impossible to pass it through. We couldn't really knock it over the top as both of our forwards were somewhat on the small side. We missed Robinson and his pace to knock it into space to as an option.

Cardiff are a good side with very experienced players. Considering that all of their goals came from silly mistakes I suspect that had we fielded anything like a first choice 11 out there it could have been a different game - still tough but much more competitive.

My post wasn't very good then because that's basically what I was trying to say 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

Bryson and Hendrick played well on Saturday when they had time to get forward due to Theo's constant running and Maguire's hold up play. Last night, Maguire's hold up play disappeared, and Bennett was ineffective.

I think this is often a constant - forwards deal well with the ball, and that allows midfielders to play better.

Bryson and Hendrick played well on Saturday when they had time to get forward due to Theo's constant running and Maguire's hold up play. Last night, Maguire's hold up play disappeared, and Bennett was ineffective.

I think this is often a constant - forwards deal well with the ball, and that allows midfielders to play better.

Exactly. Our forwards last night were far too ineffective. Not blaming the young lad Bennett but it showed why Maguire has not been in the team/squad regularly.

Archived