Craig Bryson

valleyram

In admitting that you must admit that the players that would be playing in his stead are more accomplished in the eyes of the manager and his assistants...

Debatable, who's to say our first XI wouldn't be doing doing as well or better...

No but the young lads had not played at that level before and managers tend to err on the side of caution as to playing players who have played before.

They have had the opportunity and certainly in Hendrick's case have proved better than what has gone before. Sean Barker has been a good player for Derby and will come back in I am sure but if he doesn't play as well as Mark has then the manager will have no worries about changing again.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No but the young lads had not played at that level before and managers tend to err on the side of caution as to playing players who have played before. They have had the opportunity and certainly in Hendrick's case have proved better than what has gone before. Sean Barker has been a good player for Derby and will come back in I am sure but if he doesn't play as well as Mark has then the manager will have no worries about changing again.

B**locks. In any managers eyes, if you're good enough, you're old enough. I'd love to see where Man U would be now if Fergie had that attitude regarding Beckham, Scholes, the Nevilles & Butt, Ronaldo, Rooney, Cleverley, Wellbeck, Nani the Silvas etc, etc...

If Nigel rates him as highly as you then he wouldn't have spent all summer trying to buy John Useless from Watford or harp on about the need for an experienced midfielder. Also he will also continue to play Hendrick once the other players are fit. If he rates him the same as me the lad will lose his place. Let's wait and see shall we...

Bailey > Bryson > Green > Hendrick

Bailey's overrated.

There I said it. He can pass it pretty well, but he's so weak, not big enough, doesn't score that many, doesn't set up that many and doesn't tackle very well.

Hendrick can pass it flipping well and seems to be able to shoot, although he does have the same weaknesses of Bailey. However he is younger so there's more scope for improvement I think.

Both go missing one game out of three though so that's something they could both improve on.

Bailey > Bryson > Hendrick > Green > Addison

Bailey needs to sort himself out. Bags of potential will never be realised if he can't play more. Still hope he walks straight into the side though. Just needs a bit of authority alongside him.

B**locks. In any managers eyes, if you're good enough, you're old enough. I'd love to see where Man U would be now if Fergie had that attitude regarding Beckham, Scholes, the Nevilles & Butt, Ronaldo, Rooney, Cleverley, Wellbeck, Nani the Silvas etc, etc...

If Nigel rates him as highly as you then he wouldn't have spent all summer trying to buy John Useless from Watford or harp on about the need for an experienced midfielder. Also he will also continue to play Hendrick once the other players are fit. If he rates him the same as me the lad will lose his place. Let's wait and see shall we...

Bailey > Bryson > Green > Hendrick

Like I have said on here the only doubts they have has about Hendrick is were physical, he was late to mature physically not ability. If he maintains his standards and my belief is he will only get better there is no way any of those players will come in ahead of him other than the odd rest game.

My only concern is bids are apparently very likely as early as January and will we be able to hold on to him.

Like I have said on here the only doubts they have has about Hendrick is were physical, he was late to mature physically not ability. If he maintains his standards and my belief is he will only get better there is no way any of those players will come in ahead of him other than the odd rest game. My only concern is bids are apparently very likely as early as January and will we be able to hold on to him.

As I've said the proof will be in the pudding when the rest of them are fit...

Bailey's overrated.

There I said it. He can pass it pretty well, but he's so weak, not big enough, doesn't score that many, doesn't set up that many and doesn't tackle very well.

Hendrick can pass it flipping well and seems to be able to shoot, although he does have the same weaknesses of Bailey. However he is younger so there's more scope for improvement I think.

Both go missing one game out of three though so that's something they could both improve on.

I think Bailey's only problem is his strength. He always sits deep so he's never going to score or create chances, but what i like is he always finds a pass. Often his passes are forward or into wide areas, he really only goes backwards when he has no choice.

To me that makes him more than a passenger. Because he's doing slightly more than keeping us ticking over. He's often looking to feed the better players.

imo like.

I was moaning all summer about the height of the players we're signing etc. It was a bit of a pathetic moan really but we must be one of the weakest teams. In the air we offer almost nothing unless our 2 CB's are involved. I'm happy with the players we've got, but this isn't Spain. The English game still accomodates a brute. I'm not wanting us to become Stoke but there's something to be said of how they are so succesful with a team of bouncers.

I agree with Bailey's weaknesses. But Green, Bryson, Bailey, Hendrick, Bavies, Ward, Cywka....... where's the ball winner. Who's winning those 50/50s? The headers?

The criticism of Bailey can be aimed at all of them. But what about what he's good at? I reckon he's better on the ball than Hendrick and Green. Possibly Bryson (although Bryson is far better with it in attacking positions). For that reason imo he has to start if fit.

But there's not a great deal between any of them on their day. So i can understand someone prefering any of the others. But Bailey's composure to find a pass under pressure gets him in ahead of Hendrick and Green for me.

It's nice to have some decent midfielders. Rather than a past it Savage and Pearson. Man, they were grim times.

I think Bailey's only problem is his strength. He always sits deep so he's never going to score or create chances, but what i like is he always finds a pass. Often his passes are forward or into wide areas, he really only goes backwards when he has no choice.

To me that makes him more than a passenger. Because he's doing slightly more than keeping us ticking over. He's often looking to feed the better players.

imo like.

I was moaning all summer about the height of the players we're signing etc. It was a bit of a pathetic moan really but we must be one of the weakest teams. In the air we offer almost nothing unless our 2 CB's are involved. I'm happy with the players we've got, but this isn't Spain. The English game still accomodates a brute. I'm not wanting us to become Stoke but there's something to be said of how they are so succesful with a team of bouncers.

I agree with Bailey's weaknesses. But Green, Bryson, Bailey, Hendrick, Bavies, Ward, Cywka....... where's the ball winner. Who's winning those 50/50s? The headers?

The criticism of Bailey can be aimed at all of them. But what about what he's good at? I reckon he's better on the ball than Hendrick and Green. Possibly Bryson (although Bryson is far better with it in attacking positions). For that reason imo he has to start if fit.

But there's not a great deal between any of them on their day. So i can understand someone prefering any of the others. But Bailey's composure to find a pass under pressure gets him in ahead of Hendrick and Green for me.

It's nice to have some decent midfielders. Rather than a past it Savage and Pearson. Man, they were grim times.

I was going to put that in my original post, but had brain fade and couldn't get the words down in the right order! They're very similar in style too I think, and we absolutely need a "ball winner". Maybe Addison when he comes back, but I have my doubts about his fitness/mobility/injury prone-ness.

My comment about Bailey reflected that he's had a full season alongside a ball winner (albeit a poor, over the hill Savage) and still didn't really stand out (although we did seem to miss him when he was injured - maybe that was down to the "quality" of his replacements?), whereas so far this season, I think Hendrick has had quite a big impact in a couple of games.

We need another body in there, but I don't think any of the 4 listed are bad players.

imo like.

I'm sorry there is no way any of the others are better on the ball under pressure than Hendrick, that's why he stands out from the rest.

I'm sorry there is no way any of the others are better on the ball under pressure than Hendrick, that's why he stands out from the rest.

I dunno mate,

I think it's close between them all. Bailey doesn't very often play a blind ball or ask anyone to chase after something. Not saying any of them do often tbf. The only problem is sometimes getting them all involved more.

I think it's a lot closer between them than you do.

All good players IMO, yet barring a couple of games this season at most, I have yet to see them dominate midfield, none of them have yet to do it consistenly over a prolonged period, so it remains to be seen if they will make it to the top.

Not quite sure why everyone is getting obessed with ranking them ?

All good players IMO, yet barring a couple of games this season at most, I have yet to see them dominate midfield, none of them have yet to do it consistenly over a prolonged period, so it remains to be seen if they will make it to the top.

Not quite sure why everyone is getting obessed with ranking them ?

It doesn't matter dominating midfield so much if we create more than the opposition, which since Nigel has gone more attacking we have done in most of the matches. I agree still even on Saturday the opposition have more of the ball than is comfortable but most get an extra man into the middle.

I suspect Nigel will do this when he has more options against the better teams.

I think the biggest difference this season is the central midfield 2, Green, Sav, Addison and Pearson werent/arent good enough as I have been saying for 3 odd years. We are so much better in there now we have 2 good footballers who are good on the ball and can get on the ball and create. We are a miles better in there than when we had the workhorse donkeys I put above who all ran around but gave the ball away and were outplayed more often than not (apart from Man U and Sheff Wed at home which people seemed to think made them goood players). Both are positive and try and pass forward and make chances which is why we are scoring goals.

Archived