The perfect premier league

TigerTedd

Fair point Bris, every team's got history if you look hard enough. But today's Premier League really is at least 50% uninspiring.

Alpha - I live in Leicester and work in Coventry, and to be honest, neither give a carp about football, let alone each other. Most of the people I work with, if they like football at all, support Birmingham clubs, and the vast majority in Leicester support the Tigers, and couldn't care less about Leicester City. Not a chance either of them would be allowed anywhere near my premier league / division 1, they just wouldn't appreciate it enough.

I like the theory of basing it on good days out though, sounds like the way to go.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The perfect premiership to me would be..

In order…

1st. Manchester United

2nd. Liverpool

3rd. Arsenal

4th. Leeds United

5th Newcastle United

6th Aston Villa

7th Chelsea

8th Tottenham Hotspur

9th Everton

10th West Ham United

11th Sunderland

12th Manchester City

13th Derby County

14th Nottingham Forest

15th Blackburn Rovers

16th Southampton

17th Wolverhampton Wanderers

18th Ipswich Town

19th Sheffield Wednesday

20th Leicester City

Based on all different types of reasons, i've seen people put Stoke, Portsmouth and WBA into the mix but for me they are all lower league sides that had a good run in their history.

Also Man City so high up? go back 5 years and they would of been classed as no bigger than us or Forest, same could be said for Chelsea but you may have to go back 10 years for that one.

For me it would be these teams.

Arsenal

Aston Villa

Chelsea

Derby

Everton

Leeds

Leicester

Liverpool

Manchester City

Manchester United

Middlesbrough

Newcastle

Nottingham Forest

Sheffield Wednesday

Southampton

Stoke

Tottenham

W.B.A.

West Ham

Wolverhampton

Man City sold out Maine Road when they were in the 3rd division.

Because of that, and their history amongst other things they deserve to be in the top 20, but for me.. not the top 10, obviously money is above everything else at the minute and come 20 years+ they will probably be looked at as one of the biggest sides in the world selling out a 100+ thousand stadium.

Actually, I have had a re think....THIS is the perfect Premiershite....let the whole group of horrible rotten teams rot in the bottomless pit of Rupert's bottom burps. Whilst the real football clubs compete for the real league...and promtion and relegation are most definitely banned...

1. Nottingham Forest

2. Manchester United

3. Leeds United

4. Liverpool

5. Celtic

6. Sunderland

7. Tottenham

8. Southampton

9. Chelsea

10.West Ham

11.Boro

12.Cardiff

13.Swansea

14.Palace

15.Norwich

16.Leicester

17.Tranmere

18.MK Dons

19.Crawley

20.Gillingham

What a horrible bunch of clubs....making me dry wretch just reading their names.....

re-thinking it again...i would actually like that list above to be the winding up order list at the high court....now if Carlsberg did winding up lists......

Actually, I have had a re think....THIS is the perfect Premiershite....let the whole group of horrible rotten teams rot in the bottomless pit of Rupert's bottom burps. Whilst the real football clubs compete for the real league...and promtion and relegation are most definitely banned...

1. Nottingham Forest

2. Manchester United

3. Leeds United

4. Liverpool

5. Celtic

6. Sunderland

7. Tottenham

8. Southampton

9. Chelsea

10.West Ham

11.Boro

12.Cardiff

13.Swansea

14.Palace

15.Norwich

16.Leicester

17.Tranmere

18.MK Dons

19.Crawley

20.Gillingham

What a horrible bunch of clubs....making me dry wretch just reading their names.....

re-thinking it again...i would actually like that list above to be the winding up order list at the high court....now if Carlsberg did winding up lists......

you forgot Brighton

1. Nottingham Forest

2. Manchester United

3. Leeds United

4. Liverpool

5. Celtic

6. Sunderland

7. Tottenham

8. Southampton

9. Chelsea

10.West Ham

11.Boro

12.Cardiff

13.Swansea

14.Palace

15.Norwich

16.Leicester

17.Tranmere

18.MK Dons

19.Crawley

20.Gillingham

Crawley? What cos they beat you last year? Waaaahahahaha

That Steve Evans in charge of Crawley would look really good under the front wheel of a lorry doing 60.

With his big statement. Refusing to talk to the media because he feels there's a prejudice against his side.

Well, there is mate. Your fat thieving cnut who should be out of work in these tight times so someone else can manage your dump of a club.

He's the sort of fella to end up managing Leeds one day.

I'd like to see a check on his browsing history.

That Steve Evans in charge of Crawley would look really good under the front wheel of a lorry doing 60.

With his big statement. Refusing to talk to the media because he feels there's a prejudice against his side.

Well, there is mate. Your fat thieving cnut who should be out of work in these tight times so someone else can manage your dump of a club.

He's the sort of fella to end up managing Leeds one day.

I'd like to see a check on his browsing history.

thieving? what did he do?

Oh yeah ok, and i want Yeovil and Blackpool on my 'banned' list too.... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

don't forget Swansea! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Archived