Hello board ?

nfb

It proves that each ticket in 09/10 season cost £11 and you say Glick is maximising income. Some Derby fans give Forest fans stick over their gates but they have significantly higher gate income than we do.

Would you be happier if the season tickets were more expensive?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mate, if no-one watched it, they wouldn't get a TV deal. nor any money. Fact.

That's not my arguement. YOU do not directly pay Manchester United anything when they are on TV. It is so indirect it's just completely insignificant.

It's about as direct a payment as me financing Al Quaeda.

But why would you assume that people would sit there and analyze things like that? I certainly wouldn't.. When I watch football on the TV I don't take any notice when the commentators throw out pointless facts about how Danny Alves has spent exactly 12.43 seconds of the irst half in his own half..

80% of posts on here are of people saying we should do this, Clough should do this, Hendrick should play here, Steve Davies should do that, for every 230 words Glick says, 100 of them will contribute to a lie, which is a spin factor of 9... Then there's the endless debates about the relative merits of 4-3-3 vs a 4-1-2-2-1 formation... Radio Derby's the same, the DET's the same. Bore off. Have a beer (or maybe not), have a sing, and have a laugh, you'll enjoy it far more than worrying about the percentage of shots Theo Robinson scores from.

I simply go to watch football, talk about football, and more importantly enjoy the football however bad it might be.. I've seen some absoloute shockers over the years, even here in Mexico, a 3rd division side playing on what looks more like a desert than grass, and I still felt entertained in some way..

I think the owners would rather think that showing support is by going with your feet rather than your mouth.. And I'm with them on that..

I'll politely disagree. Half of Pride Park is full of complete tools who berate every bad pass or shot. If they weren't there our support would be better. If the half of Pride Park that don't berate the team every 2 seconds actually sang and showed some passion, our support would be better and therefore, my enjoyment increased. You fail to acknowledge that anyone could possibly go to football just for the atmosphere - open your mind.

right, gboro your food argument is flawed, this is a different type of product. Where as food people can be easily persuaded with a free taste mainly because food is a low level item which costs little compared to a football ticket. Football is a luxury item which many cannot afford at the moment, there is little evidence to go on. One thing we do know is, not everyone who got in through these deals is a derby fan, and some who got in through these deals are derby fans. I remain unconvinced that people going through these deals is likely to buy a season ticket, if they either A) can't afford a match ticket and come or 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> isn't bothered enough to pay for a full ticket price, why would they buy a far more expensive season ticket? I couldn't go to a football match that hasn't got derby county in, it wouldn't feel right to me but that is just me.

Football's still

right, gboro your food argument is flawed, this is a different type of product. Where as food people can be easily persuaded with a free taste mainly because food is a low level item which costs little compared to a football ticket. Football is a luxury item which many cannot afford at the moment, there is little evidence to go on. One thing we do know is, not everyone who got in through these deals is a derby fan, and some who got in through these deals are derby fans. I remain unconvinced that people going through these deals is likely to buy a season ticket, if they either A) can't afford a match ticket and come or 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> isn't bothered enough to pay for a full ticket price, why would they buy a far more expensive season ticket? I couldn't go to a football match that hasn't got derby county in, it wouldn't feel right to me but that is just me.

I don't buy that YR, football is certainly not luxury. I've never been served a luke warm Pukka Pie at a lakeside restauraunt in Como, and I'd kick off if I did.

That's not my arguement. YOU do not directly pay Manchester United anything when they are on TV. It is so indirect it's just completely insignificant.

It's about as direct a payment as me financing Al Quaeda.

I'm weakening my perfectly good argument to humour you, but hypothetically, if the top teams were to opt-out of the Sky TV deal and market their own rights. I would happily invest in a pay per view Man Utd match. I only have Sky Sports to watch Derby / top premier league / champions league / international matches.

Your Al Quaeda reference is ridiculous, and makes you look like a tool. Clearly having Sky Sports finances top clubs.

I'm weakening my perfectly good argument to humour you, but hypothetically, if the top teams were to opt-out of the Sky TV deal and market their own rights. I would happily invest in a pay per view Man Utd match. I only have Sky Sports to watch Derby / top premier league / champions league / international matches.

Your Al Quaeda reference is ridiculous, and makes you look like a tool. Clearly having Sky Sports finances top clubs.

I never mentioned Sky, I mentioned ITV.

80% of posts on here are of people saying we should do this, Clough should do this, Hendrick should play here, Steve Davies should do that, for every 230 words Glick says, 100 of them will contribute to a lie, which is a spin factor of 9... Then there's the endless debates about the relative merits of 4-3-3 vs a 4-1-2-2-1 formation... Radio Derby's the same, the DET's the same. Bore off. Have a beer (or maybe not), have a sing, and have a laugh, you'll enjoy it far more than worrying about the percentage of shots Theo Robinson scores from.

I'll politely disagree. Half of Pride Park is full of complete tools who berate every bad pass or shot. If they weren't there our support would be better. If the half of Pride Park that don't berate the team every 2 seconds actually sang and showed some passion, our support would be better and therefore, my enjoyment increased. You fail to acknowledge that anyone could possibly go to football just for the atmosphere - open your mind.

You're 'halves' and stats seem to be plucked from nowhere.

I back the team, and don't moan - but I happen to sit in an area that doesn't sing. Where do I fall in your two halves?

You're 'halves' and stats seem to be plucked from nowhere.

I back the team, and don't moan - but I happen to sit in an area that doesn't sing. Where do I fall in your two halves?

I wasn't being f**king literal. When someone says they're half-p*ssed I don't think it's a wholly scientific statement.

So why does my gym offer me special 6 week tasters for half price? It's a luxury item in the same way as a football match is.

They do it because they want to get footfall through the door, generate interest in the product, and sell more. Simples.

Why would someone sign up for a gym membership at £30 per month when they've just had 6 weeks for £20? Because once you get people in the front door to see what your product is, you can try to get them to buy. If they don't come through the door, they'll never become a customer.

It's a fallacy to say that people won't pay the full price because you've given them a discount in the past. It's clearly not true. It happens all over the place. It's called marketing.

Frankly mate I don't believe that story and would he pay £28 to £37 to watch Southampton or Cardiff or Hull.

I don't give a **** if you believe it or not. The guy came in our pub back in Utch last night and asked if there would be room on the minibus on odd occasions for him and his lad.

Archived