Clough new contract

ianm

Agents take their opportunities when they come up. Steve leaving Forest opened up the opportunity for a bit of mischief making in the papers. Nigel was never going to go to Forest, you would have thought Glick even with his questionable English Football knowledge would have known that.

However it made it an issue that if another club came in with contract offers and Glick was dillitry in putting some proposals forward then "our man" would have some tough choices.

Does Cloughie even have an agent, I would be surprised if he did, very surprised...

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NC tied up for another 3 years..

Given we don't go down, he will have completed 5 years at the club..

That's pretty impressive given todays footballing world

In 5 years Forest will have had around 5 managers, been promoted, lost in the playoffs twice, got relegated and languished in league 1..

I expect us to be in or around the playoffs during Cloughs final season

I reckon he's got potential to be a cracking manager

What worries me is that we have an injury crisis at the back, front, and in the middle. Yet some of the higher ups would have you believe we're still not "short".

But Nigel says we're a couple of signings short anyway? He said that before Bailey, Brayford and S Davies got injured.

Absolute nonsense, read the accounts before quoting figures that are based on a guess, where do you get the 16.4m from?

The last accounts show 29.7m turnover as well for the record. 48.5m during the Prem season

In the accounts mate have you read them. Straight away 12.6 m of that turnover is lost as it was the last PL TV money year.

I predict 10/11 accounts will show revenue of around £18m; wages of about £14; for a wages to turnover ratio of 75-80%.

Don't think that's too bad really.

I would agree with the wages I would expect turnover to be 15-16 million. As well as losing the PL relegation money I would expect gate income to be at least 10% down, no cup run as well at all so prize money reduced. If Commercial money did not hold up then turnover may have dipped below 15m.

Nothing much to mention that we didn't already know, unless it was in the first couple of minutes when I was otherwise engaged. Batted questions away about any approach about Forest, any 5-year type plans and NC's coaching badges, said the usual about progress and staying on track etc.

He did though say ianm could do better on his punctuation.

Archived