Clough new contract

ianm

Sorry, I need to sort the above, it's ended up all consolidated.

The jist is that we lost just over £2m

In relation to other clubs we are one of only 4 who currently meet the financial fair play rules in the top two divisions, so YES we do fair far better than the vast majority of other clubs. I have the full accounts for the last 3 years and have spenty a fair bit of time reviewing them but Ramblur was just about spot on with his analysis.

Booooo! That's not fishy enough! Keep digging till you find something negative for us to argue about.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's Glick's fault that we went up and got an extra 12.6 million?

We went up, got some more money. Used it really badly, bought some duff players on huge salaries and long contracts. Used some of the future income to fund the Prem season. Continued robbing Peter to pay Paul for the subsequent seasons. Massively cut back on the wage bill in subsequent seasons. Parachute payments fell away.

I believe our wage bill is on a footing with many other teams in the division, and well below others. Our income is above many (season ticket sales). We had some additional income from the Prem season, mostly p1ssed away.

I fail to see the doom and gloom.

Anyway, let's see if this is as accurate as your prediction of doom around the Clough contract. Somehow I suspect it is.

There was no prediction of doom and gloom on the Clough contract, if you drew that conclusion you didn't read properly what I posted. It was just a line stating what was likely to be the delay.

You believe the wage bill is below many others, well in the last accounts it was 16.4 million, above what our total turnover is now likely to be at.

Glick as I have said before was a major player but obviously not the only one in pissing the PL money down the drain and more. I am virtually certain he is failing to get the gate money that we should in with the ridiculously priced matchday pricing structure and use of discounts and freebies to get people in. Remember ticket income is our highest income now not TV or Commercial income so it is vital he gets it right and he has failed to do that. I am also far from sure he has got the wages down anywhere near what is needed for us to be sustainable, that will be seen for sure in the next accounts, which there is no reason can't be published now as they really should be prepared.

Period Date From 01/07/2009 01/07/2008 02/07/2007 Date To 30/06/2010 30/06/2009 30/06/2008 Period 12 12 12 Currency GBP GBP GBP Profit and Loss Consolidated accounts N N N Turnover 29754000 31252000 48558000 Export Cost of sales 21266000 32207000 35534000 Gross profit 8488000 -955000 13024000 Wages & salaries 14523000 19470000 22972000 Directors emoluments Operationg profits -44000 -10631000 4051000 Depreciation 1970000 1966000 1609000 Audit fees 17000 17000 19000 Interest payments 773000 1941000 1996000 Pre-tax profit -2164000 -14930000 1758000 Taxation 0 0 0 After-tax profit -2164000 -14930000 1758000 Dividends payable 0 0 0 Retained profits -2164000 -14930000 1758000

Hope this clarifys the situation, by the way our credit rating is classed as very good but still only £185K

perfectly DR, 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Sorry, I need to sort the above, it's ended up all consolidated.

The jist is that we lost just over £2m

In relation to other clubs we are one of only 4 who currently meet the financial fair play rules in the top two divisions, so YES we do fair far better than the vast majority of other clubs. I have the full accounts for the last 3 years and have spenty a fair bit of time reviewing them but Ramblur was just about spot on with his analysis.

In the final year of relegation money if the club was on the way to turning the mess round a healthy profit was needed as 40% of turnover was not going to be received in future years. Tax was not really an issue as losses carried forward would have swallowed any profit made, so no benefit is there in adjusting the figures. The figures published would have given a true and fair view.

The only hint of light I can see in the accounts to carry forward are there are massive admin costs, which were not listed. My theory are there were some huge pay-offs to players that were a one-off cost.

You can certainly expect losses to be higher in the year just ended and if they were 4-5 million, which I would be surprised if that is not around what can be expected then that is not healthy in a 15-16 mill turnover business.

We are in a better position than others in that owners have been prepared to put money in to cover the losses. Others have had to sell players or in the worst cases not paid the VAT and PAYE bills.

In the final year of relegation money if the club was on the way to turning the mess round a healthy profit was needed as 40% of turnover was not going to be received in future years. Tax was not really an issue as losses carried forward would have swallowed any profit made, so no benefit is there in adjusting the figures. The figures published would have given a true and fair view.

The only hint of light I can see in the accounts to carry forward are there are massive admin costs, which were not listed. My theory are there were some huge pay-offs to players that were a one-off cost.

You can certainly expect losses to be higher in the year just ended and if they were 4-5 million, which I would be surprised if that is not around what can be expected then that is not healthy in a 15-16 mill turnover business.

We are in a better position than others in that owners have been prepared to put money in to cover the losses. Others have had to sell players or in the worst cases not paid the VAT and PAYE bills.

The wage bill was cut by a further £5m and we now spend less on players wages than our income, this is the critical bit to this equation. It's not that you have to break even but that you may only spend on players wages no more than your income, yes a bit wierd but as the situation stands at the moment.

Anyway, time to get in the car and travel south to see my mum and dad before all the family head off to the match. Full turn out of all family members, cousins included - we should get a group discount 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

We have not got a proven decent team on the pitch at all. We have played 10 games a few injuries to key men and we are don't have a lot of back up.

In the first major test against Leicester we were outclassed.

We've just drawn against top of the league - stood up pretty well to that test. Also we've beaten two sides that were relegated.

Anyway he's about to sign - let's stop rattling on about.

We've just drawn against top of the league - stood up pretty well to that test. Also we've beaten two sides that were relegated.

Anyway he's about to sign - let's stop rattling on about.

Come on mate we were second best today, a long way to go before we can be considered serious contenders. They looked a good side it would be great if we could get a team together that plays football of that quality. Distribution from the back is something that needs big improvement if we want to get better.

PS Nigel confirmed the contracts were a joint package with all his backroom staff in his interview today. All are expected to be signed early next week.

Come on mate we were second best today, a long way to go before we can be considered serious contenders. They looked a good side it would be great if we could get a team together that plays football of that quality. Distribution from the back is something that needs big improvement if we want to get better.

PS Nigel confirmed the contracts were a joint package with all his backroom staff in his interview today. All are expected to be signed early next week.

Its common knowledge that we need a left back, thats why NC bought in Kilbane as a short term answer for 6 months. Brayford was out injured today so Anderson had to stand in. Yet Southampton settled for the point with 30minutes to go despite us not being able to distribute from the back, as you put it.

We are a work in progress, its gonna take a lot of work and a few more signings to get promotion, but So'ton were more than happy with a point today.

The table doesn't lie.

Its common knowledge that we need a left back, thats why NC bought in Kilbane as a short term answer for 6 months. Brayford was out injured today so Anderson had to stand in. Yet Southampton settled for the point with 30minutes to go despite us not being able to distribute from the back, as you put it.

We are a work in progress, its gonna take a lot of work and a few more signings to get promotion, but So'ton were more than happy with a point today.

The table doesn't lie.

The table can lie this early in the season like it did last year. I don't expect us to fall away as badly this year from experience and looking at the performances so far this looks a mid-table team to me.

Southampton did not settle for a point they were going for a win right to the end. We did better after Cwyka came on, I think Nigel needs to find away of getting him into the team we need a little extra quality he can bring.

The table can lie this early in the season like it did last year. I don't expect us to fall away as badly this year from experience and looking at the performances so far this looks a mid-table team to me.

Southampton did not settle for a point they were going for a win right to the end. We did better after Cwyka came on, I think Nigel needs to find away of getting him into the team we need a little extra quality he can bring.

Sorry mate, we'll have to agree to differ there.

We had them pegged back for a good 30 minutes second half, their fans went quiet and they had to dig in to keep the point. Fair play to them, they did and still tried to look for a break away, but only one team looked like winning it in the end.

...But they didn't beat us, did they? It's not about who plays better, it's about results, if you're talking about standing up to the test.

I think you have been listening to Mr Glick too much. We made a loss in the last published accounts and our revenue would have dropped between 40 and 50% in the last accounting year ending 30/06/11. Losses totally certain only question is how much no wind-up unfortunately that is reality.

We're running on one of the tightest budgets in the league, well within the FFP regulations coming into play next season, a lot of other teams a struggling to even manage this.

We don't have any big earners at the club anymore, and it's been said by pretty much everyone involved at the club that we are within our restrictions financially, along with that we have just made plans for a 7million pound plaza which will bring in extra income, that will initially come out as a loss against the club.

Also since Glick is the one who pushed this FFP legislation through, I doubt he'd hang up his own club out to dry in the process, I trust the people in charge of this football club, they've made the cuts where and when they had too and we have been quite abusive about that decision by them in the past but finally looks like it is paying off, I struggle to see another club in a better position that us for next season, this has been down to Glick, for my money has been exceptional in bringing extra money in every avenue possible.

We're running on one of the tightest budgets in the league, well within the FFP regulations coming into play next season, a lot of other teams a struggling to even manage this.

We don't have any big earners at the club anymore, and it's been said by pretty much everyone involved at the club that we are within our restrictions financially, along with that we have just made plans for a 7million pound plaza which will bring in extra income, that will initially come out as a loss against the club.

Also since Glick is the one who pushed this FFP legislation through, I doubt he'd hang up his own club out to dry in the process, I trust the people in charge of this football club, they've made the cuts where and when they had too and we have been quite abusive about that decision by them in the past but finally looks like it is paying off, I struggle to see another club in a better position that us for next season, this has been down to Glick, for my money has been exceptional in bringing extra money in every avenue possible.

The financial figures posted do not support any of that, again you have been listening to Mr Glick too much. Bywater for example is a big earner at this level.

I really don't get this. Manager buys duff players - that's Glick's fault. Glick won't back the manager and buy the players he wants - that's Glick's fault.

Wage bill has been dramatically slashed. Yes, there's some players we're finding it hard to move on - any suggestions?

I really don't get this. Manager buys duff players - that's Glick's fault. Glick won't back the manager and buy the players he wants - that's Glick's fault.

Wage bill has been dramatically slashed. Yes, there's some players we're finding it hard to move on - any suggestions?

We won't see till the accounts are published how much further wages were slashed. Last accounts they were £16.4m a long way from there to the 10m total wages we can sustain on our turnover now. We can only speculate but my guess is we will still be nowhere near that figure, if that is the case yes in my eyes Mr Glick is culpable.

Archived