Derby County v Southampton

Day

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Saints could be in the mix, come May, and for all those that think the board need to throw millions at us, the Saints, and Norwich last season( and this ! ) for that matter show the way to go, i have been a critic of NC but i must conceed that he seems to be learning as he goes, and is on the right track 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

He just needs about 3 more players( we know where) to compete at this top level (which i'm sure he,like the rest of us know) ...........

but well done NC and well done lads, good point earned, and keeps us on track for a decent season, which after the last few, i cant wait for 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Only way Davies will be taken of IS by getting injured cywka might aswell of stayed on the bench for how much time nige gave him ( he leaves his subs way to late )

Should of stuck maguire and cwyka on at half time for me and taken it to Southampton!

took both Davies off.

( croft should of played right back better than Anderson!

But nice point boys should of been 3 :-(

I would have taken a point before the game, lambert looks the full package for them and was a constant threat. We couldn't keep the ball, and southampton dominated most of the game and we defended pretty solidly. Clough should have made changes earlier, as their back-line couldn't handle pace, ward and theo looked the most dangerous players for us.

Only way Davies will be taken of IS by getting injured cywka might aswell of stayed on the bench for how much time nige gave him ( he leaves his subs way to late )

Should of stuck maguire and cwyka on at half time for me and taken it to Southampton!

took both Davies off.

( croft should of played right back better than Anderson!

But nice point boys should of been 3 :-(

I thought anderson did ok for a 'stay put' full back. I don't remember anyone 'doing' him.

Their goal from an o'brien error iirc.

We have to be happy with a point - and like you say - could have nicked it.

Just back from the game. Jamie Ward...last minute of the game dived in the box looking for a pen, if he didn't we could have won. And the fans...THE FANS TODAY, GO AWAY!!! We had 24k and briliant atmosphere, but today 6k moaners turned up, WE DONT WANT YOU AT PRIDE PARK. Atmosphere wise, worst game so far, the fans were getting on the players backs as soon as we seemed to score.

Thought Soton were the better side first half but we had them penned in for for most of the second.

Just needed a Bobby Davison and we'd have done em.

Anderson did a reasonable job as a defensive right back but couldn't get forward like Brayford would have done today.

Over all, good solid team performance, Southampton settled for the draw and we hadn't got the individual skill to break them down.

Archived