Stevie Howard

Wilko

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think a week back someone asked Bloomfield on Twitter and he said Clough was definately interested last season and he woulden't be surprised if there was still interest. Don't know when this interest was, but obvously, after Hulse left, and before or after Kuqi was signed on loan to provide the Battering Ram option. Clough tends to go for options near at hand, who he has tracked for a while, and even he or his brother has watched personally, instead of taking risks from watching Youtube demo's like Jewell and his scouting team seemed to have done at Derby. Its certain that the coaching staff would have recognised the value of having a hefty Kuqi like player as an option, considering this coincided with our best football and run of results all last season. So, its likely we are genuinely interested. With Theo, Ward and eventually Tyson, we now have plenty of options with pace. The only lanky player who could hold the ball up is novice pro- Callum Ball. Think I said the same thing once already, but Clough values having a few old heads around, which explains the Dickov signing, the current Kilbane loan, and obviously Savage staying here so long too. Think Howard would be a useful addition, no question about it. Seems like the cash pot is well and truly spent unless someone is sold, so as we're likely down to loans, another experienced pro with a history at the club would be a good option.

Add to that, Clough could always lump him back as a "head it anywhere" centre back, seeing as nearly all of our current ones are crocked.

Welcome back to the easy hoof ball option which no doubt we would start to use again. In all seriousness if this goes through I can only assume Cloughy has either given up on our midfield playing creative football OR he wants Steve Howard as a different option off the bench.

Or it can just provide another option to play, and against birmingham fielding, shackell and kilbane were hoofing it to s.davies and ward quite a lot

Christ, can't believe we can be so negative and go back to old 'glory players' of the past. "Where's Raisak?" Where's our bloody scouts? It smacks of being convenient and "well he knows his way around here..." etc... Again, shows the ambition right now. Another patch up (if signed) to paper over a crack.

no no no, not what we need and would rather give ball a go now, it seems like a last desperate option to sign someone up front who hasn't got the golden attribute which will guarantee goals according to some: pace. How many appearances did he make last season? just because someone does well against us doesn't mean they are great, we weren't exactly difficult to beat or score against last season.

I'd love him to come back, proven in this league, WANTS to come to us.

I think for 1 season, bring him back, as said before it gives us an extra option.

I would also pull ward back into midfield, he's much more of a threat running from there i think.

Archived