Stevie Howard

Wilko

We have Ball who can do that job if we need a battering ram later in the game, if we are going to give the youth a chance don't need Howard. For me Ball is quicker and based on pre-season knows where the net is. As others have said Howard does not seem to fit the style that NC seems to want to play so doesn't make sense to me

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although i agree with the bloke 2 posts up, that Ball Bag should start playing.....the more options the better. The teams that do well in this league have depth. Something we haven't had for ages. Plus i think Ball bag could learn alot off Howard in training.

A player like Howard could keep playing until he is laid up on his death bed, however I wouldn't sign him personally but I've come to the realisation that what I would like and Clough would like are totally different, so I'll just see who he signs and then judge them game on game, nothing I can do.

would be good to see him back, but even this is too romantic for me and at 300k as well :confused:

Although i agree with the bloke 2 posts up, that Ball Bag should start playing.....the more options the better. The teams that do well in this league have depth. Something we haven't had for ages. Plus i think Ball bag could learn alot off Howard in training.

That's not always the case..

The better teams that have gone up in recent years West Brom, Wolves and Reading have all done it using a smallish squad..

I'd prefer us to have a small squad with unity than a bloated squad full of half crocked players.. I'd prefer us to use only a maximum of 20 odd players during the season and if worse comes to worse fill the gaps with youth players..

I'd rather have 18-20 good players plus the youth than have 30-35 good/crocked players who are just sucking down the wage bill..

Last year Forest had about 9 strikers on their books but they were all average/crocked.. Reading only had 3 strikers on their books + youth but they were better, injury free and reliable.

That's not always the case..

The better teams that have gone up in recent years West Brom, Wolves and Reading have all done it using a smallish squad..

I'd prefer us to have a small squad with unity than a bloated squad full of half crocked players.. I'd prefer us to use only a maximum of 20 odd players during the season and if worse comes to worse fill the gaps with youth players..

I'd rather have 18-20 good players plus the youth than have 30-35 good/crocked players who are just sucking down the wage bill..

Last year Forest had about 9 strikers on their books but they were all average/crocked.. Reading only had 3 strikers on their books + youth but they were better, injury free and reliable.

Now you've said that, i don't want him. :D Changed me mind.

Now you've said that, i don't want him. :D Changed me mind.

:D

Howard IMO isn't a 20 goal a season striker.. He used to be, but not now..

Therefore unless we go out and get one, why should we waste money on another striker even if he does add something we don't have..

In Tyson, Ball, Ward, Cywka, Robinson, Maguire we have options upfront though none of them are 20 goal a season strikers - perhaps Ball could suprise everyone (except B4)

Howard would only add to the list of good/average/crocked list that we already have.. We don't actually need him.

:D

Howard IMO isn't a 20 goal a season striker.. He used to be, but not now..

Therefore unless we go out and get one, why should we waste money on another striker even if he does add something we don't have..

In Tyson, Ball, Ward, Cywka, Robinson, Maguire we have options upfront though none of them are 20 goal a season strikers - perhaps Ball could suprise everyone (except B4)

Howard would only add to the list of good/average/crocked list that we already have.. We don't actually need him.

Its quite hard to score twenty goals a season when you only come on for ten minutes or so, and only start 11 games

Tito was the last lad to grab a hattrick wasn't he? 2008? Then Lupoli the year before.

Before that it was Paul Simpson, last man to score a league hattrick.

I'd have Big Stevie back in a heartbeat. Knows where the net is and he'll offer us something different up front. Maybe not the 20-goal striker he was 4-5 years ago but in terms of assists for Tyson/Maguire, his height and strength could be invaluable

You're missing Duke, but as with Tito & Lupoli, they were in the cup, Simpson was the last LEAGUE hat-trick IIRC.

Has Kevin made peace with the club yet? didn't he fall out with them?

i reckon so.....Big Rog told me thats why he wouldnt do fans forums but it was clear when he did that that wasnt the reason.

he's just a quiet slightly shy brilliant bloke

One of the things that Clough said was that he was looking to add players with character and experience. Zidane Kilbane has arrived this week and fits into that mold. A couple of years ago we were generally disgusted at the loan signing of Dickov, but although he lacked the height, he was 100% commitment and caused a nuisance for us.

Howard would fit the bill there. He won't get back in the Leicester team again. Bloomfield apparently said it woulden't surprise if we were interested as Clough was keen last season. We have all seen, how Clough tends to go back for players he knows and has been linked with before. Think that the loan signing of Kuqi, shows Clough does see the value of having a big lump up front to hassle and cause mayhem in opposition defences. Ball is our only player of a similar build, but he has probably put on too much weight. He obviously is unproven and lacks the know how and years of experience of old heads like Kuqi or Howard. Expect Howard, if we fail to flog off any of the

MUST SELL group of Billy Davies signings. (Bywater, Leacock, Pearson??)

One of the things that Clough said was that he was looking to add players with character and experience. Zidane Kilbane has arrived this week and fits into that mold. A couple of years ago we were generally disgusted at the loan signing of Dickov, but although he lacked the height, he was 100% commitment and caused a nuisance for us.

Howard would fit the bill there. He won't get back in the Leicester team again. Bloomfield apparently said it woulden't surprise if we were interested as Clough was keen last season. We have all seen, how Clough tends to go back for players he knows and has been linked with before. Think that the loan signing of Kuqi, shows Clough does see the value of having a big lump up front to hassle and cause mayhem in opposition defences. Ball is our only player of a similar build, but he has probably put on too much weight. He obviously is unproven and lacks the know how and years of experience of old heads like Kuqi or Howard. Expect Howard, if we fail to flog off any of the

MUST SELL group of Billy Davies signings. (Bywater, Leacock, Pearson??)

completely agree but dont think we can sell any of them tbh. i think we could sell pearson (by replaying his wembley goal over and over and saying how 'experianced' he is) but i think clough wants him in the squad

how come we can't just release them? pay half their years wage..if theyd take it...then other clubs would bite because their wage demands wouldnt be so0o0o high...they'd have no contract and we'd save abit....assuming they'll just sit out of everything all season.

a player like stevie howard/ steve howard would been wonderful for us today cuz we were lacking a player to hold up the ball and bring davis bryson the other davis and baily into play i dont think ward can do that cuz he is more of an attacking mid

Archived