Stevie Howard

Wilko

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/204444/Clough-ready-for-Howard-to-return-to-Derby/?

@FanhousePercy on Twitter has posted the same, normally quite a reliable source according to the Foxes.

What we reck?

NC has spent so long talking about pace and movement up front that it would be quite the U turn to bring in Howard.

I think the idea is rather than hitting a front man to hold the ball up we will instead play the ball behind and down the channels to relieve pressure in midfield.

TBH I would rather have an extra midfielder rather than two up top. That way we might not need to lump the ball up to a target man or down the channels for a quick quite so often.

I would take him back, something to aim at from set peices and is a good target man, for 300k yes please!

No more though

With the pace we have now in Tyson & Robinson,Howard would be abit different to what weve got.A proper target man(Kuqi).Could come on for half an hour & will always create mayhem in oppositions box @ set pieces.Could be an extra defender when trying to hold on to a lead.

Very rarely loses out in the air.

Not worth a fee....6 month loan off our rich neighbours Leicesterski!

He is something we havent got up front.

He pi55ed all over Barker last season (away)

As a bit part role when the game calls for a target man...... who better? who's available?

Kuqi..... but that wont happen.

Remember how we were all a bit down about Kuqi signing?? How'd that turn out? I'll never write a player off due to their age. Only their performance. And Howard is still as strong as ever.

i don't believe for a minute it'll happen though.

I'd have him back like a shot. He still knows where the net is as he proved with his recent friendly hattrick (remember those?)

Tito was the last lad to grab a hattrick wasn't he? 2008? Then Lupoli the year before.

Before that it was Paul Simpson, last man to score a league hattrick.

I'd have Big Stevie back in a heartbeat. Knows where the net is and he'll offer us something different up front. Maybe not the 20-goal striker he was 4-5 years ago but in terms of assists for Tyson/Maguire, his height and strength could be invaluable

Archived