Stevie Howard

Wilko

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can probably just stick to phrase sites and look like a right smart arse if you keep quiet about it :D A personal favourite of mine is:

"Catapultam habeo. isi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane."

Which translates as 'I have a catapult.

Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.'

To me Ward is a striker, he reminds me of Tommy Smith but if he played alongside someone like Howard then he would benefit from him like Pesch did alongside Rasiak

yhat maybe so but he defo cant play the lone striker role

i'd be happy.

he battered barker away last year.

Yeah, he worked with Andy King and Co like Kuqi worked with Commons and Co.

Howard might not fit with the attractive Barcelona style football everyone is trying to play in August and September but i'm of the opinion that every club in the Championship can benefit from having a typical target man. Especially when the scrappy games played away on cold dark nights begin.

What better target man is there? I'd love him to come in and provide another alternative. Especially late on in games.

Hope it's true

Still need to address the long-standing problem of poor service to the forwards....

I'd like to think he's brought in for the Kuqi effect. Making the ball stick so our Maguire's and Cywka's can get the ball in dangerous areas.

I'm not expecting more than the odd goal if it happens.

Hopefully we're not overly reliant on that initial long ball though

It doesn't seem likely after he got rid of Hulse

Do you reckon it's true?

Do you reckon it's true?

Not sure. Was it Bloomers who recently said that there was absolutely no interest from our end, despite Howard angling for a move back?

At the end of the day you'd have to ask whether he adds anything that we don't currently have, and the answer would be yes. Short-term loan until Christmas would probably do for me. I don't see that we have many other irons in the fire to be honest.

I would like him back, one of the best target men in the league imo

Welcome back to the easy hoof ball option which no doubt we would start to use again. In all seriousness if this goes through I can only assume Cloughy has either given up on our midfield playing creative football OR he wants Steve Howard as a different option off the bench.

Archived