Transfer News 6am Monday Morning

Day

I forgot Cywka and possibly Doyle aswell but I'm not sure he'll be ready for next season.. Surely with this many strikers we're set for 2 up top? Ball, Doyle, Tyson, Maguire, Davies, Cywka, Robinson, Ward can all play up top.. Plus one more? Crikey.

We will be playing 4-2-3-1 I feel, which needs 5 attacking players. Tyson and Davies/Ball up top. The rest to fill the three behind.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We will be playing 4-2-3-1 I feel, which needs 5 attacking players. Tyson and Davies/Ball up top. The rest to fill the three behind.

Where does that leave B.Davies and Pearson? Hopefully we'll get shot of them both.. We've got Bailey, Bryson and Hendrick that can play CM.. Could do with another one (Eustace perhaps) and then we'll have 5 for when Green returns vying out 2 spots..

if he is our most wanted player then ironically from me god help us, no record as center forward except in league 2 for wycombe, not happy and he hasn't exactly been influential for forest in games he has played, i know that was out wide and he is up front but for me not happy about this.

Where does that leave B.Davies and Pearson? Hopefully we'll get shot of them both.. We've got Bailey, Bryson and Hendrick that can play CM.. Could do with another one (Eustace perhaps) and then we'll have 5 for when Green returns vying out 2 spots..

We still Need B.Davies. Not many left sided players in that lot. Cywka/Davies right, Ward left (S.Davies can play there too) then find one to play in the middle of the three ( at a push put Bailey forward)

Bowyer Eustace to come in for the 2 defensive midfield spots.

if he is our most wanted player then ironically from me god help us, no record as center forward except in league 2 for wycombe, not happy and he hasn't exactly been influential for forest in games he has played, i know that was out wide and he is up front but for me not happy about this.

If NC had said he's just one of several players we wanted to sign, I'm not sure how many games he'll start and I would have bothered paying anything for him, but as he was free, I thought I might as well....

Who would that have benefitted?

Not over the moon about the line being presented to us that Tyson is being labelled a forward now instead of a winger.

It might pay off and it might not. He was obviuosly persuaded by the offer to play up front. This is a gamble by Clough and he is offering Tyson the chance to go out and prove that he can become an out and out striker at . That challenge in itself ought to give him the desire to work his socks off to prove his doubters on both sides of the trent wrong. He thinks he should be a striker, now he has to prove it. If he isen't hitting the net, he will be put back on the left flank in our attack and still be dangerous. When we play 4231 someone has to lead the line. Clough tried it with Luke Moore last year to some effect. Ward and Maguire will also be competing for a place in the attacking four. Would expect we would still be in for another type of forward, with height and bulk as another attacking option. Long way to go yet.

Nigel Clough is delighted with the capture, and he said: "Nathan is a player of proven quality at this level and is someone who is right at the very top of our wanted list.

Very top of our wanted list??? Oh dear....

To be fair, he was hardly going to come out and say "Yes, Nathan's a player who we thought we'd sign if we couldn't get anyone else....." :D

Bowyer Eustace to come in for the 2 defensive midfield spots.

We won't sign them both.

We've already got Bailey, Addison and Bryson that can play that role. One more takes us to four for the two positions. Enough cover IMO.

Although Bowyer and Eustace would be an experienced solid pairing.

Missed a great photo opportunity, should of added a corner flag for at least one piccy!

also, this is a gamble of a signing i'm surprised Nigel has put him self under so much pressure and tyson (as if he wasn't under pressure to perform already) to go out and be that star striker we're missing.

we'll wait and see, my brain says this will be a disaster.. my heart and gut tell me this will be a great signing!

^^ Goodo.

Relatively pleased with 4 of the 5 signings so far. 3 more 'key' signings and a couple of decent season-long loans if necessary and we'll be looking a lot better than last season.

Still need a CB, LB, creative midfielder and a proven goalscorer IMO.

Hmmm, tyson and robinson, both similar for me, whippets. with the same footballing skils as one.........

altho, tyson can wave a corner flag well !

couldnt resist it... NC is brave........... or just a bit nuts, he does do some 'unusal' things :whistle:

Archived