Martyn Waghorn

Chris Peduck

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In one of the interviews a week or so ago Clough said that they need to move players out but that it wouldn't stop them pursuing players in the meantime.

I think that if the right deal presents itself we'll be in regardless of whether or not we manage to shift out Leacock, Bywater, Pearson etc.

To be fair, I'm not even sure we're looking to shift out Pearson though are we? Nigel played him throughout pre-season, although perhaps he was just checking out whether he could play the DM role, and clearly he couldn't!

Their manager said on the footy league show that players had gone to championship teams for "a million"

Does this mean a Championship team had enquired? He said he'd had some derisory offers.

To sum up.

1 Championship team

2 Derisory Offer

3 Derby County's procurement technique.

Bingo!

Their manager said on the footy league show that players had gone to championship teams for "a million"

Does this mean a Championship team had enquired? He said he'd had some derisory offers.

To sum up.

1 Championship team

2 Derisory Offer

3 Derby County's procurement technique.

Bingo!

You forgot

4 leak the story to the press to unsettle the player

5 Get a rollocking from their irate chairman

6 Plead innocence

We havent got to 4 yet

I agree, If we sign him.. we sign him and if we don't then we don't.

We have

Jamie Ward, Steve Davies, Nathan Tyson, Theo Robinson and Chris Maguire who can all play in the top 2 positions and I think that is a very good selection, we have no route one option of course other than Davies but I don't mind that we don't.

I agree, If we sign him.. we sign him and if we don't then we don't.

We have

Jamie Ward, Steve Davies, Nathan Tyson, Theo Robinson and Chris Maguire who can all play in the top 2 positions and I think that is a very good selection, we have no route one option of course other than Davies but I don't mind that we don't.

I consider Ward to be more of a winger and Maguire to be someone behind the main forward. Then there is Tyson who can't hit a barn door, and Robinson who isn't much better.

Based on that, Davies is the only REAL forward! At least Alfie knows how to hit the back of the net.

I consider Ward to be more of a winger and Maguire to be someone behind the main forward. Then there is Tyson who can't hit a barn door, and Robinson who isn't much better.

Based on that, Davies is the only REAL forward! At least Alfie knows how to hit the back of the net.

I don't know how anyone can pass judgement on Tyson, he hasn't even played a game yet and Clough rates him very highly, so as far as I am concerned if Clough thinks Tyson is a good player, then he is a good player until he proves otherwise.

Also Robinson has been very good in doing his job this season, how can you still say he is a poor player?

He's never looked like scoring IMO (apart from against shrewsbury).

Robinson is a brilliant player to bring off the bench, don't know how anyone can think otherwise when he has been brought on this season he has been brought on to be a pain and run with the ball and chase everything, the corner play by him in the birmingham game was brilliant, give the guy credit he has been a very good asset to us this season!

Archived