Martyn Waghorn

Chris Peduck

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"He wanted to leave three or four weeks ago and then we said 'no'. But, for his own sake, he needs to play.

could this be relating to our bid u think? i'm a bit confused that the money we bid before is no longer there for us to bid again?

It's not been confirmed either way whether we bid or not, or gave removed the bid. It was always rumour.

From BBC today:

City's Eriksson expects Martyn Waghorn exit

Page last updated at 13:33 GMT, Wednesday, 24 August 2011 14:33 UK

Waghorn has made three substitute appearances for Leicester this season Leicester City manager Sven-Goran Eriksson expects striker Martyn Waghorn to leave the club in the coming weeks.

Waghorn, 21, recently stated his desire to fight for a place in the side having become a fringe player under Eriksson.

But the Foxes manager told BBC Radio Leicester: "He wanted to leave three or four weeks ago, then we said no, but for his own sake he needs to play.

"I don't know [if it will be a loan or permanent deal], but it will almost for sure happen."

The frontman, who joined Leicester in a permanent deal from Sunderland in August 2010, has yet to start a game for the Foxes this season and was left out of the squad for the Carling Cup win over Bury on Tuesday.

"I know that he's frustrated, angry maybe, that's normal, he's young and he has to play football," Eriksson added.

from what I have heard Waghorn is allowed to leave, on loan, on a permanent deal.. whatever he likes really so I would believe we are in the running for him, how much we can offer him compared to the likes of southampton (also very rich) Blackpool (prem money) and few other clubs is doubtful though, I would like to see him here but wouldn't break me if he was to move else where, could be a very good player in this division though, given the time to play and develop.

from what I have heard Waghorn is allowed to leave, on loan, on a permanent deal.. whatever he likes really so I would believe we are in the running for him, how much we can offer him compared to the likes of southampton (also very rich) Blackpool (prem money) and few other clubs is doubtful though, I would like to see him here but wouldn't break me if he was to move else where, could be a very good player in this division though, given the time to play and develop.

blackpool operate a £10k wage cap anyway hardly 'prem wages'

Can I just ask why there is such a massive thread on Adam Le Fondre. It's pretty damn clear that Waghorn is our target and always has been so why are people discussing someone who we've never even been linked with and couldn't get in Rotherham's team at the end of last season! He's found the level he should be at.

Anyway, I've got a bad feeling we're gonna miss out on Waghorn, unless he insists that he wants to come here. If we got him we'd be flying if we got Tyson fit aswell..the future would look very bright indeed, especially with how solid we are with Shackell and O'Brien. IMO of course!

Can I just ask why there is such a massive thread on Adam Le Fondre. It's pretty damn clear that Waghorn is our target and always has been so why are people discussing someone who we've never even been linked with and couldn't get in Rotherham's team at the end of last season! He's found the level he should be at.

Anyway, I've got a bad feeling we're gonna miss out on Waghorn, unless he insists that he wants to come here. If we got him we'd be flying if we got Tyson fit aswell..the future would look very bright indeed, especially with how solid we are with Shackell and O'Brien. IMO of course!

There was a rumour about Le Fondre that was dismissed in June......2010. Some would say it's old news, others would say it was worthy of a bump every time he scores a goal.

I don't think that we will be going all out to sign him to be honest. With the start we have had it could be deemed unfair to bring in another striker when we are going well. Even if we did Waggy would not be happy on the bench and I don't think Davies would be happy about being dropped either!

I don't think that we will be going all out to sign him to be honest. With the start we have had it could be deemed unfair to bring in another striker when we are going well. Even if we did Waggy would not be happy on the bench and I don't think Davies would be happy about being dropped either!
What if Davies breaks down, or is injured ?

I think we need a CF, whether it be Waghorn or someone else - Clough made it clear that he was unhappy with how Ball came back for pre-season, champing at the bit was not how he described it. From what I hear he has been playing him at Centre back in the reserves - maybe a reality check (he still scored though :) Yes we have Tyson but he hasn't played down the middle for a bit - you can never have enough good players, if it starts to get competitive, well that is where Nige and co. earn their money....

I think we need a CF, whether it be Waghorn or someone else - Clough made it clear that he was unhappy with how Ball came back for pre-season, champing at the bit was not how he described it. From what I hear he has been playing him at Centre back in the reserves - maybe a reality check (he still scored though :) Yes we have Tyson but he hasn't played down the middle for a bit - you can never have enough good players, if it starts to get competitive, well that is where Nige and co. earn their money....

I think the managament would of played Ball at centre back for his player development rather than anything else, I think if you have a talented young player in your reserves you should play him in different positions and get him comfortable all over the pitch, I know some people will disagree but I think it's the right thing to do, I always played outwide as a player and never got the hang of playing in the middle of the pitch, always passing to my left hand side..etc

Yes Ball started at centre back in the reserves the other day, and he scored whilst doing it. Later in the game he played as a centre forward.

Clough has done this with many players, read into it what you will.

Well he certainly did not learn it from his Dad.

Its OK doing it in games of no consequence or if injuries occur in a game and the bench contains no adequate cover,needs must.

Well he certainly did not learn it from his Dad.

Its OK doing it in games of no consequence or if injuries occur in a game and the bench contains no adequate cover,needs must.

His dad did it all the time. I;d say that's exactly where he learnt it from.

Archived