East Stand lower

Dangerous

My son and myself sit in the north lower at the moment.due to it being a bit quiet,me falling out with some of the people near us,my lad wanting to sing a bit and his mate and his mates dad want to get a ST with us we are going to move.

We are looking at moving to the east stand but it will need to be category D,so its the first couple of rows.

Has anybody sat in these seats or near them? Can you recommend them or is it not a good idea?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My son and myself sit in the north lower at the moment.due to it being a bit quiet,me falling out with some of the people near us,my lad wanting to sing a bit and his mate and his mates dad want to get a ST with us we are going to move.

We are looking at moving to the east stand but it will need to be category D,so its the first couple of rows.

Has anybody sat in these seats or near them? Can you recommend them or is it not a good idea?

I sit in the SE corner towards the back of the lower tier. Good view, bit of singing without having to stand the whole game. Think it cat D.

NE corner upper is Cat D too. If you renew where you are and relocate then you shouldn't pay any extra. I did this last year and kept my CAT D renewal price for this year and can move within the NE upper for free. There is some singing in that Block on occasion too. just another option for you- if you do have a look at getting seats half way up the upper tier.

I think that if you relocate to an area that was CAT D last season you shouldn't have to pay any extra

I would suggest asking the ticket office where you can relocate to for free. But renew first and move during the relocation period.

We have been shifting seats for the past few matches to try new areas, there are seats available in the NE corner and you should be able to move there for one game at no charge.

The 1st 3 seasons at pride park I was Sat row BB in the East lower near the enterance, in line with the goal line, the view was brilliant for South stand action but the opposite corner was ok you can see what is happening but a bit difficult to see where the lines are.

I would recomend sitting there

just steer away from the "legendary" south east corner would be my advice. Unless you have a load of knock off fake Stone Island jumpers, burberry scarves and a sack load of copies of the latest Danny Dayer movie..

just steer away from the "legendary" south east corner would be my advice. Unless you have a load of knock off fake Stone Island jumpers, burberry scarves and a sack load of copies of the latest Danny Dayer movie..

its not all like that atall thats just stereotyping I sit in the south east corner lower just by the corner flag the people that sit near me are all a pretty decent lot apart form a few that annoy me by turning up 5 mins late for every game then going to the concorse 5 mins early then come back 5 mins after half time kick off (i'm end of row for the extra leg room) that annoys me abit but its generally a good place to sit infact there is a gent that sits next to me with his young son & daughter so there are families in that area too. This is my first seaon down there previosly I was east upper near the press box but I am renewing the same seat this year as the atmosphere is really good

We sit on the 5th row from the front of the East Stand (towards the SE corner)

The view is brilliant in terms of being close to the action, but you don’t get the same perspective on cross-field and diagonal play as you do when you’re higher up in the stand

You get used to it and you don’t miss it – it’s actually a lot like the view from the dugout and if it’s good enough for the managers and coaches...

To be fair, anyone dressed/acting like that would soon get rridiculed by the real 'hooligans'

I have sat there 2-3 times this year, not a bad view, some singing, songs also sound good when coming from behind you, hop this helped :)

The 1st 3 seasons at pride park I was Sat row BB in the East lower near the enterance, in line with the goal line, the view was brilliant for South stand action but the opposite corner was ok you can see what is happening but a bit difficult to see where the lines are.

I would recomend sitting there

Have to pull out my old ticket as I guess we were probably on the same row. I was in line with the halfway line, think it was BB in the east lower.

Nice view (if it rains, you just about get wet - right on the edge of the roof), but maybe a bit quiet from the singing/chanting side (but not too bad).

The trouble with sitting on the front 2 rows of the East Stand is you spend the last 5 minutes of every game trying to see past all the early leavers who have to walk across the front of you as they leave.

It's why I moved from there.

Cant believe Dangerous no one has yet suggested North Stand Block A !!! :confused::confused:

No, seriously, sounds like your lad and mates want to sing a bit, well North Stand Block A is the place to be!!

I am posting a new thread in a few days advising of our plans for next season which will continue to homed in the North Stand Block A...

Good luck pal whatever you decide and hopefully you will fully consider our area before making your choice!

nick

I've sat in row GG just up from the corner flag for the last 7 years, about 4 by myself as my mate never renewed when I did.

I love sitting there, the view when the balls up the other end is a bit poor but I'm prepared to sacrifice that as the ST costs £180.

Cant believe Dangerous no one has yet suggested North Stand Block A !!! :confused::confused:

No, seriously, sounds like your lad and mates want to sing a bit, well North Stand Block A is the place to be!!

I am posting a new thread in a few days advising of our plans for next season which will continue to homed in the North Stand Block A...

Good luck pal whatever you decide and hopefully you will fully consider our area before making your choice!

nick

Heyup Nick me and my brother for the last two games tried to get in to North block upper to be told no room at the inn. We tried before the game by phone and went to the tick office. We sat in block B last game looked over and saw two or three rows empty and wondered why we had been turned down?

Heyup Nick me and my brother for the last two games tried to get in to North block upper to be told no room at the inn. We tried before the game by phone and went to the tick office. We sat in block B last game looked over and saw two or three rows empty and wondered why we had been turned down?

Ayup matey,

Hmmm, bit unsure why that was? We have our area blocked off but they do sell tickets for our area for fans that want to sing etc so you should have been allowed in... The only game we were full for was Barnsley and that was because of the sun newspaper offer!

Are you trying for the Cov and Leeds game? If so and you do encounter any problems just say you spoke to me, if you still get problems email me at webster23@hotmail.co.uk and I will sort it for you pal....

Nick

Ayup matey,

Hmmm, bit unsure why that was? We have our area blocked off but they do sell tickets for our area for fans that want to sing etc so you should have been allowed in... The only game we were full for was Barnsley and that was because of the sun newspaper offer!

Are you trying for the Cov and Leeds game? If so and you do encounter any problems just say you spoke to me, if you still get problems email me at webster23@hotmail.co.uk and I will sort it for you pal....

Nick

Cheers mate we are being a bit sneaky can't afford the £85 extra upgrade so renewing my seats in the cat D and then moving each game. We tried for Swansea and it looked from where we were some seats for the Barsnley game we needed 4 on both occaisons but the computer said NOO

Ramblur

One question - Match Tickets of £6.5 Mill - assuming an average gate of £27,000, this works out over 23 games to be £10.40 on average.

Do you think this sounds right? I'd have thought that number to be another £2-£3 higher.

Thanks.

Ramblur

One question - Match Tickets of £6.5 Mill - assuming an average gate of £27,000, this works out over 23 games to be £10.40 on average.

Do you think this sounds right? I'd have thought that number to be another £2-£3 higher.

Thanks.

That's if everyone paid the same, but factor in concessions, free kids, normal kids season tickets from as little as £2 per game, group tickets and freebies for advertising etc. which would mean walkups paying more than that average.

If there were 1500 freebies per game then the average ticket price becomes £11. To get to £12 then you would need 3,500 freebies per game including free kids season tickets.

Archived