Paul Hayes - Preston North End

davenportram

Not going to knock the thinking from Clough behind this.

His record with Hooper was spot on (lilttle and larger partnership) and if him and Ward can get some partnership going even half of that then lovely, it would still make it 10 times better than what we have now.

If not, then we are screwed anyway. Doesnt look like there is much of this Premiership quality out there available in the loan window:-(

Although, Balotelli is back fit so Man City may be willing to release thier bench warmer, whoever it is to us now.

Thinking ahead to summer, if we survive in this division, when all the loanees go back to their clubs it leaves us with a next to nothing squad:-(

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His record with Hooper was spot on (lilttle and larger partnership) and if him and Ward can get some partnership going even half of that then lovely, it would still make it 10 times better than what we have now.

If not, then we are screwed anyway. Doesnt look like there is much of this Premiership quality out there available in the loan window:-(

Although, Balotelli is back fit so Man City may be willing to release thier bench warmer, whoever it is to us now.

Thinking ahead to summer, if we survive in this division, when all the loanees go back to their clubs it leaves us with a next to nothing squad:-(

...although Ward has signed on loan with a view to a permanent move at the end of the season....

Ward - with a view to a permanent

Which leaves Bueno, Ayala, Hayes and Edwards, if the latter 2 join.

Hardly a squad full of loans is it? (3 of them 4 haven't even played for us yet)

Just like Keogh was the reason Billy Sharp scored so many for Scunny imo Hayes was the reason Hooper scored so many so happy with this, I have no idea why it hasnt worked out at PNE for him, I think our attack is looking alright now!

Just wish GSE had tried harder in the window to make some of these perm in the window!!! hope we add more quality in the summer

COYR

"my god it getting worse, panic panic panic"

how is it getting worse...monday we had one semi injured striker and if hayes signs b4 friday we should have 3.

one whos quite quick and one who has scored quite a few when teamed with someone who was quite quick

please explain how thats worse

Ward - with a view to a permanent

Which leaves Bueno, Ayala, Hayes and Edwards, if the latter 2 join.

Hardly a squad full of loans is it? (3 of them 4 haven't even played for us yet)

No, but then take away Savage, take away Porter possibly as he ends his contract and I'd be amazed if anyone gave him a new contract based purely on helath grounds.

That leaves us with(realistic first team players who are not perenialy injured or reserves):

Bywater

Brayford

Roberts

Barker

Leacock

Addison

Cywka

Bailey

Pearson

Green

B Davies

S Davies

Ward

13 players at my count, half of a squad, and not a very good squad at the mo either.

Don't get me wrong, most of these played earlier in the seaon when we were doing well and I rate a few of these, but looking at it like this shows how much quality we need to bring, compounded by having so many loan players to tide us over.

christ, some people get worse! You would moan and whinge if Clough never got anyone in, now he's actually making progress signing a few players your slitting your wrists! Give these players a chance just because they don't cost multi million pounds and all come from the likes of Man Utd or Chelsea doesn't mean they won't perform for us, GIVE THEM A CHANCE :rolleyes:

No, but then take away Savage, take away Porter possibly as he ends his contract and I'd be amazed if anyone gave him a new contract based purely on helath grounds.

That leaves us with(realistic first team players who are not perenialy injured or reserves):

Bywater

Brayford

Roberts

Barker

Leacock

Addison

Cywka

Bailey

Pearson

Green

B Davies

S Davies

Ward

13 players at my count, half of a squad, and not a very good squad at the mo either.

Don't get me wrong, most of these played earlier in the seaon when we were doing well and I rate a few of these, but looking at it like this shows how much quality we need to bring, compounded by having so many loan players to tide us over.

you forgot

Anderson

Buxton

"my god it getting worse, panic panic panic"

how is it getting worse...monday we had one semi injured striker and if hayes signs b4 friday we should have 3.

one whos quite quick and one who has scored quite a few when teamed with someone who was quite quick

please explain how thats worse

Why, are Ward and Hayes semi injured too?

Archived