Andy Gray and Richard Keys gaff.

Dangerous

Just read the transcript, smacks of the things this country and many others have been trying to eliminate for decades. It effectively claims that half of the worlds population are lesser able than men to make a simple decision such as flagging a player offside.

Atwell? That person is male, Sian Massey shouldn't really be placed in the same spectrum as that incapable 'official'.

The fact Sian Massey is female is what bought these comments, which is caveman behaviour at best.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to admit that in the heat of the moment at Pride Park when I thought she has got one wrong I have shouted words to the effect of "Go back to the Kitchen" that is just heat of the moment stuff and not what I really think.

I did the same.Im not sexist in any way,I work with lots of women who do the same job as me.We have banter but thats it.

This keys/gray thing is being blown out of all proportion,just as I thought it would.It doesnt matter if they are annoying,they were having a chat off air( or so they thought). It is only an opinion they shared,and it is shared by a large amount of the male population.

I think Sky are wrong to stop them doing tonights show,they should have let them apologise and get on with it.They have only made matters worse.

I couldn't disagree with you more Dangerous, this was not banter, this was "this is football lady and WTF are you doing being involved in it," there was no humour in their comments and they have shown themselves up for what they really are.

I work as a HGV driver and I love when a lass pulls into an RDD and some macho gobshite goes "'ere we go lads, this'll be good for a laugh" when some female driver pulls up in a 40 footer. When she promply reverses it into her bay at the first attempt and shuts gobby up it makes my day.

Women are great and deserve to be recognised as being as good as any bloke running a line and a lot more stuff besides.

might get shot down here but this made me laugh, i've sat with Gaz and said no disrespect but a woman does not fit into a mans game on this level.. what next wanting to play in the same team?? (yh i know skill ability and such will come into it)

what Keys and Gray said it nothing different to a couple of bloke having a laugh down the pub, you guys have your women jokes n we have our bloke jokes, no malice what so ever

I did the same.Im not sexist in any way,I work with lots of women who do the same job as me.We have banter but thats it.

This keys/gray thing is being blown out of all proportion,just as I thought it would.It doesnt matter if they are annoying,they were having a chat off air( or so they thought). It is only an opinion they shared,and it is shared by a large amount of the male population.

I think Sky are wrong to stop them doing tonights show,they should have let them apologise and get on with it.They have only made matters worse.

The fact that it was off air is completely irrelevant. They said it, it is obviously what they think, the way we move forward from this is sky having the guts to sack them both. It sends out a positive message from a very negative situation. Sack them both.

That Uruguayan linesman that didn't give the offisde rule - I highly doubt that Gray and Keys would have said he needed to learn the rules of football because of his gender.

Sky were absolutely right to suspend them. It may seem a bit OTT, but examples have to be made right from the very top. It's harsh, but it's necessary.

I'm not saying I don't make jokes like that myself, but the point is, they're jokes. These comments didn't sound like they were.

Sky, as the be-all-and-end-all in modern English football, need to show that sexism isn't okay anymore. I'm glad they're taking responsibility.

Double standards.

In an article about the Sunday Sport newspaper.

"Its first advertising manager, Karren Brady, went on to become the first woman managing director of a Football League club (the aforementioned Birmingham City) when aged just 23."

Selling adverts in a paper that exploited women to sell advertising space?

My word.:rolleyes:

http://www.britishpapers.co.uk/redtops/sunday-sport/

might get shot down here but this made me laugh, i've sat with Gaz and said no disrespect but a woman does not fit into a mans game on this level.. what next wanting to play in the same team?? (yh i know skill ability and such will come into it)

what Keys and Gray said it nothing different to a couple of bloke having a laugh down the pub, you guys have your women jokes n we have our bloke jokes, no malice what so ever

Well said that lady!!! now get back in the kitchen!!

This is how I learnt it; ;)

You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

She prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes!

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and "whilst it is in flight" you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes!

BUT, you must always remember that until the purse has "actually been thrown", it would be plain wrong for you to be in front of the other shopper and you would be OFFSIDE!

Thank you, I just read this to my girlfriend and now she understands the offside rule. Great ladies explanation!

Having listened to it fully what strikes me is the lack of humour in the conversation. Blokes at work or in the pub would have made some daft remarks and banter and had a laugh about it.

These two numpties sound like their discussing the merits of root canal surgery.

Archived