Andy Gray and Richard Keys gaff.

Dangerous

he has been sacked for a remark he made in December to a female colleague.He asked her (jokingly) to place a microphone pack (or something similar) in his trousers.

It appears he isnt popular with people who work there.

I dont particularly like the bloke but to sack him is crazy.Would alan carr get the sack if he said the same to a male studio assistant? I very much doubt it.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he has been sacked for a remark he made in December to a female colleague.He asked her (jokingly) to place a microphone pack (or something similar) in his trousers.

It appears he isnt popular with people who work there.

I dont particularly like the bloke but to sack him is crazy.Would alan carr get the sack if he said the same to a male studio assistant? I very much doubt it.

Possibly if the male studio assistant made a complaint for sexual harrasment. Joking or not that sort of behaviour can carry that consequence.

For all we know that lady may have made a complaint but it was hushed up or dealt with internally and this new incident means they have to act.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ienZj9onV0Q&feature=related

they've been at it before apparently. this isn't sexism, this is laughing at people that can't play football. It's irrelevant that there women, in this case at least

Hope it's not sexism as I was p1ssing myself laughing at those 'high' lights....That second goal was like something you'd get if the keystone cops actually played football.

Re Andy Gray and Richard 'monkey' Keys, can't stand them, but sacking is a p1sstake. There are few things that I find more obnoxious than know-it-all ***** who're up their own @rses, but the PC Brigade qualify as the most irritating bunch of ***** this side of the chuckle brothers.

Hope it's not sexism as I was p1ssing myself laughing at those 'high' lights....That second goal was like something you'd get if the keystone cops actually played football.

Tell me about it, I challenge anyone to watch that and not laugh. Having watched a bit of the women's world cup a few years ago, I'm pretty sure I'm better than anyone who was playing there

I'm not a big fan of Andy Gray and I don't agree with his comments.

However, if you were wondering why there has been a firestorm of 'incidents' being dragged up from last month. Incidents that were never played out on air, but by some miracle have just surfaced. Has anyone wondered why Andy Gray has been singled out?

Surely it can't have anything to do with Mr Gray currently suing News of the World ( owned by Murdoch) over telephone hacking. Surely there is no link to him suddenly bring sacked by Sky Sports (owned by Murdoch).

I'm not a big fan of Andy Gray and I don't agree with his comments.

However, if you were wondering why there has been a firestorm of 'incidents' being dragged up from last month. Incidents that were never played out on air, but by some miracle have just surfaced. Has anyone wondered why Andy Gray has been singled out?

Surely it can't have anything to do with Mr Gray currently suing News of the World ( owned by Murdoch) over telephone hacking. Surely there is no link to him suddenly bring sacked by Sky Sports (owned by Murdoch).

Well, as conspiracy theories go...

If I had said comments at work about our customers and they had been picked up, then I'd have been sacked too. To say anything derogatory in this day and age is a no-no.

We all have opinions on collegues and others but if you're going to say it, say it when the bloody mic's off your person, don't take it for granted that it might only be switched off.

Gray has done this more than once and I don't think it's acceptable. He really can't have much respect for women can he? So, I think he's got what he deserves, now he might stop and think before he opens his mush and keep his ridiculous comments to himself.

Andy gray has been sacked .absolutely ridiculous

Agreed the whole thing blown totally out of proportion. Now i know his comments were wrong but who can honestly say they havent said something they shouldnt have when just having a bit of banter with the lads. He wasnt on camera or on air at the time.

Now he has been sacked from a job he has been doing for over 15 years and his name is mud so he will probably never be able to work in the game again

The comments were made in his place of work - anyone overhearing it can make a complaint, as is the case if it was rascist comments, which is why Atkinson got done isn't it?

Company's have got to be seen stamping out such things, it won't do their rep any good if they went unpunished.

It does sound like they were gunning for Gray.

If he'd come out and apologised, said he's an old dinosaur and accepted his views were outdated, I think everyone offended would have accepted it. How Gray can be sacked but not Keys I don't understand.

mrs Ram, check the date of the news.;)

well that's twitter for you - I just take it as it's news.:redface:

Might be a reason for his getting the chop.

I'm going to have to start reading the whole thread before commenting. ;-)

Archived