exspensive flop

saljet

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
for me it must be ravinelli, his wages were a fortune and he did alright in prem but did awful in the lower divisions, his wages were ridicolous

The fact that you have admitted, he did alright in the top division means he is not our most expensive flop..

Ravanelli was a good player, and as someone has already said, he definitely "put a shift in" for us.

There can be no one worse than Dickinson...750k and never played...now THAT is a flop.

Mikkel Beck.£40,000 a week for pure garbage.Ravanelli might have been expensive but he put a shift in.

:eek: Wooooooo wo-wo-wo-wo-wo-wo wooooooooooooooooo

We paid him £40k a week??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!!!!!!!!

That should've told the board that (A) THe Bald Eagle has lost his mind and (B) Lionel Pickering had lost his by authorising the deal. Jesus wept I thought Beck was one of the poorest players I've ever seen but finding out he got paid that makes me hate him even more :mad:

The fact that you have admitted, he did alright in the top division means he is not our most expensive flop..

Ravanelli was a good player, and as someone has already said, he definitely "put a shift in" for us.

There can be no one worse than Dickinson...750k and never played...now THAT is a flop.

no he was a flop because in division one he was god awful, in premiership he still weren't great from what i can remember was only a nipper at the time. His wages were astronomical, I feel sorry for pickering, everyone slates him but he did his best for the club and gave us pride park and moor farm, i personally think a stand should be named after him.

I agree. imo Ravanelli didn't exactly pay off quite as well as i'd hoped. He got far too much money out of us. But the fact that we payed decent money for Dickinson and didn't even get anything from him, then moved him on at a loss...... well, that has to be the definition of flop.

Beck, Ravanelli and Grenet didn't offer THAT much of a poor return for our cash. Dickinson was a gem in terms of flops

Although Beck wasn't exactly much help at all.

either your tongue is inserted with force through the side of your cheek or you know feck all about football my friend

I don't know whether to reel in or keep it our there a bit longer.

18 games later i think he's almost doubled his value. That's gotta be some sort of record!

1. Derek Hales

2. Ravenelli

3. Clod

Hales - cost big money at the time, was pure gash from his debut till he left.

Ravenelli - relegated Middlesbrough then to prove it were'nt a fluke came and repeated the trick here, and on £42,000 a week, tax free!

Clod - would not stand out in Sunday league football.

Derek Hales and Leighton James were superb flops.

In recent years...Clod.

Agreed with all three. I thought both Ravanelli and Carboni when he joined us showed how woeful the rest of the side were - lets face it we let some good players go and found poorer replacements. Ravanelli and Carboni were several seconds (thinking) ahead of the other players in the side and as such when they played a ball into space there was simply no one there. Ravanelli tried his best the rest just wernt up to the mark tho. I do however think that the kind of money we spent on him could have been much better spent improving the team in a number of areas with perhaps less profile.....but as we've seen Derby fans moan like anything when managers look at bargain basement buys - no mattter how good they might be.......:D

claude davis, why does everyone buy him for so much money ????

He's not that bad, but we've seen the worst of him. He wouldn't have been slated so much if it wasn't for the price tag, which wasn't his fault.

When he was at Preston, he was a solid player, very classy. At Sheffield United he was alright, a decent defender again.

Then he came to us, looked ok for the first few games but was shown up as he isn't good enough. I maintain he wasn't that bad at the start, then his confidence was shot (as was most of the squads) and he got that knee injury. He was never the same after that.

Hes gone to Palace, and he can be decent for a few games, but he is extremely liable to stupid mistakes or decisions.

I feel sorry for pickering, everyone slates him but he did his best for the club and gave us pride park and moor farm, i personally think a stand should be named after him.

Name everyone -everyone that I have spoken to regarding Mr Pickering has great affection for him.

Sure he might have sold to the three amigos but he wouldn't have seen ther bad intentions for the club.

Archived