Is our away form that bad?

davenportram

1 hour ago, jono said:

I’m worried about Burnley away ! It’ll be my first Rams away day and sitting with Burnley supporting mate. Going to have sit on my hands and be mr affable. God knows what’ll happen if we score .. any advice ? 🤣

Don’t wear clothes that are difficult to remove blood stains from 🙄

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:it's a different sort of fun to see everyone around you melt down.

Agreed - I took my son to the “only had 10 men” match at Forest. We into the MacDonalds outside the ground afterwards and it was full of Forest Glums while we were grinning like Cheshire cats!

I even asked the kid behind the counter if they were doing any 1 for 2 deals like Forest did!

Edited by DavesaRam

Saying our away form is bad is a bit like saying everybody who drinks water has died. Technically correct but silly and misleading.

We've played 4 games against 4 top 8 sides, 2 of which are the current top 2 of the table averaging over 2 points per game so far. The same four teams constitute the same 4 teams with the highest points return from home games this season. Collectively out of the combined 19 home games they've played, 16 were wins and 3 were draws. 

We also didn't have our best 11 in any of those 4 games. Zetterstrom and Yates were missing for two, Ozoh was missing for two and we had to play Bradley in one game for the injured Cashin.

Are there things in the performances of those game I can criticise and think we should have done better? Sure. But extrapolating out from that particular sample to some great concern about our away form and what we should do about it is frankly ridiculous.