Rams v Cardiff betting

Malagaram

Was going to head down for this one, however due to rail works I’d be looking at a 9 hour journey home so holding off until the rails fully open again before booking tickets. Likely head down now for the Plymouth game in November and then take in other games from there 

It’s a funny thing - betting on your own team . Some think it will bring bad luck , if you back them to win . Some fans are super confident at all times . Some fans believe in “Sods Law”. But here goes -Rams to beat Cardiff after going behind 12-1. 

10 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

It’s a funny thing - betting on your own team . Some think it will bring bad luck , if you back them to win . Some fans are super confident at all times . Some fans believe in “Sods Law”. But here goes -Rams to beat Cardiff after going behind 12-1. 

Fin Harpsesque Jim 😉

15 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

As one of them has moved this to the Derby forum, please can a mod change the title to add something like "betting thread" so it's not to be confused with the (yet to be started for reasons unknown) match thread? Ta v much... 

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Come on, mods! It will be on your head if we lose this game because you're allowing a matchday thread to develop by default, started by a different poster after a win.

@Day you just can't get the staff anymore! 😂 Owt to do with the "b" word? 🫣

2 hours ago, Day said:

Boycie hasn’t done owt since 2009, wouldn’t expect him to start anytime soon!

I will take this one on both chins as I move it from football forum into here, not to serve as a match thread, but yeah, should have seen this one coming.

Not the same without you on the team 😭

Tell him he's the one who's got to merge the two threads when the official one starts, that'll learn him.

Then again, maybe not..

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Sorry, forgot to add that we were fortunate to go in at Blackburn just the goal behind, very poor first half. Decent 20 mins at the start of the second half and then could have conceded more than the 3 we did. All about opinions Mad 😊

Indeed it is Jim lad. You wrote what yours. I replied with mine. I could have added that, although the table probably doesn't mean too much after just 4 games, the first 3 teams we played are expected to be in the mix and are, currently 3rd, 5th and 7th and the 4th team we played were 8th and unbeaten going in to the game. I've seen enough to be encouraged into thinking we definitely are not going down. Not enough to predict top 8 come May but, as things are, well safe. If we gel and improve as the newbies get used to the "oldies" and to each other, who knows where we might end up?

Simple answer is we don't know and that's the beauty of the game. Time will tell and come May we'll know if those who see us bottom 6, top 6 or somewhere in between got it right.

8 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Indeed it is Jim lad. You wrote what yours. I replied with mine. I could have added that, although the table probably doesn't mean too much after just 4 games, the first 3 teams we played are expected to be in the mix and are, currently 3rd, 5th and 7th and the 4th team we played were 8th and unbeaten going in to the game. I've seen enough to be encouraged into thinking we definitely are not going down. Not enough to predict top 8 come May but, as things are, well safe. If we gel and improve as the newbies get used to the "oldies" and to each other, who knows where we might end up?

Simple answer is we don't know and that's the beauty of the game. Time will tell and come May we'll know if those who see us bottom 6, top 6 or somewhere in between got it right.

I would settle for somewhere in between 👍

2 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Thee n me both. Wouldn't say no to top  6 or better but not expecting anything of the sort.

It’s always a fluid situation though.

If you asked fans if they would be happy finishing in tenth place, most people would snatch your hand off.

But what if we spent the majority of the season in the top six and then fell away towards the end to finish tenth.

People would say we blew it.

9 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

It’s always a fluid situation though.

If you asked fans if they would be happy finishing in tenth place, most people would snatch your hand off.

But what if we spent the majority of the season in the top six and then fell away towards the end to finish tenth.

People would say we blew it.

... or that a few of other clubs clicked and went on a 10 match unbeaten run at the end of the season and we "only" managed 20 points in the last 10 games. If we dropped from 6th to 10th under those circumstances, would it really be "falling away"?

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Boro was certainly smash and grab….just realistic, rather than over confident as some appear to be….

Yeah, I am realistic too. Boro was tough and if I am honest I thought if all the opposition is this quick and skilled we are going to struggle. But we fought and organised ourselves. Deserved a draw on that basis, the stroke of luck and win was hugely useful. Then Blackburn, moments of carelessness and maybe tactics saw us punished but we did score which for a long time was difficult. Watford ? As unlucky not to get a point as we were lucky to take all 3 against Boro. Bristol. Fine home performance after a sluggish first 20 mins. 

Sounds to me like a solid start from a team that is very new so offers the hope of incremental improvement. 

Next two / three games and we might see what this team has in its DNA and how Warne is shaping up to his challenge. One thing for sure, win on Saturday and in my book we will ahead of reasonable expectations. I’m never cocky, just that fine line between fear and eager anticipation. What pleases me now though is that we have played some of the better teams and come out with a decent points haul. A few weeks back that was a big unknown. We have shown we are a Championship side and up for the contest. 

32 minutes ago, jono said:

Yeah, I am realistic too. Boro was tough and if I am honest I thought if all the opposition is this quick and skilled we are going to struggle. But we fought and organised ourselves. Deserved a draw on that basis, the stroke of luck and win was hugely useful. Then Blackburn, moments of carelessness and maybe tactics saw us punished but we did score which for a long time was difficult. Watford ? As unlucky not to get a point as we were lucky to take all 3 against Boro. Bristol. Fine home performance after a sluggish first 20 mins. 

Sounds to me like a solid start from a team that is very new so offers the hope of incremental improvement. 

Next two / three games and we might see what this team has in its DNA and how Warne is shaping up to his challenge. One thing for sure, win on Saturday and in my book we will ahead of reasonable expectations. I’m never cocky, just that fine line between fear and eager anticipation. What pleases me now though is that we have played some of the better teams and come out with a decent points haul. A few weeks back that was a big unknown. We have shown we are a Championship side and up for the contest. 

Middlesbrough are in the list of top 100 clubs in Europe with money spent assembling their current squad.

Leeds, Burnley and Sheffield United are above them.

On 05/09/2024 at 04:57, Malagaram said:

Been looking for a good betting opportunity and here it is.

Cardiff,24th or bottom of the championship,goals 1 fore 10 against,1 pt.Derby 10th on 6 pts.

Best priceI can find is 11/8 The Rams to win,not even looked at prices for a draw or away win.

Surely this is a golden opportunity.COYR.

Fill your boots

Yes