Cycling Tour of Britain

eddielewis

For anyone into cycling the Tour of Britain is coming to Derby this Friday 6th Sep starting at the Derby Arena/Pride Park and ending at Newark. Some good riders in this years race such as Tom Pidcock, Julian Alaphilippe and Olympic champ Remco Evenepol. It starts at 11am but there will be a presentation of the riders at 10am. It's also live on ITV 4 if your vain enough to try and get caught on telly. Check the full route here if it's passing by your house:  

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/tobmenroute

1 hour ago, eddielewis said:

For anyone into cycling the Tour of Britain is coming to Derby this Friday 6th Sep starting at the Derby Arena/Pride Park and ending at Newark. Some good riders in this years race such as Tom Pidcock, Julian Alaphilippe and Olympic champ Remco Evenepol. It starts at 11am but there will be a presentation of the riders at 10am. It's also live on ITV 4 if your vain enough to try and get caught on telly. Check the full route here if it's passing by your house:  

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/tobmenroute

Coming through Heanor, if they can navigate the pot holes!!

Edited by GB SPORTS

Bizarre spectator sport if you ask me, which nobody did, but I’m still saying it.

Watching on TV, I can understand, you get to see the full race, see the pace, timings yadda yadda.

In person, you watch them ride past you once and that’s it. Gone. If you’re lucky you might get to see one get a puncture or hit a pot hole, but mostly it will be the most uneventful event you have seen.

There is no smell of petrol, the brum brum of an engine to appreciate the sounds, you would get more sound out of a Tesla driving past.

Just nothing really to get excited about unless you’re in to men in Lycra, in which case you may as well watch WWE wrestling and laugh at how stupid it is.

5 hours ago, Day said:

Bizarre spectator sport if you ask me, which nobody did, but I’m still saying it.

Watching on TV, I can understand, you get to see the full race, see the pace, timings yadda yadda.

In person, you watch them ride past you once and that’s it. Gone. If you’re lucky you might get to see one get a puncture or hit a pot hole, but mostly it will be the most uneventful event you have seen.

There is no smell of petrol, the brum brum of an engine to appreciate the sounds, you would get more sound out of a Tesla driving past.

Just nothing really to get excited about unless you’re in to men in Lycra, in which case you may as well watch WWE wrestling and laugh at how stupid it is.

One of the best days I’ve had at a sporting event was watching a stage of Tour de France on a mountain stage about 20 years ago. Hard to describe why but it was a great experience with wife and two young sons.