Car Parking on Match Days

Morning all.

I'm new here and looking forward to the season.

I've managed to get a space at Car Park A on match days.

Anyone know the best route to access the car park. Should I give enough time prior to kick off ?

Thanks in anticipation 

COYR

Mr Paul B

All depends on which way you’re heading in to the Stadium on match days. The road between the two Traffic Islands behind the North Stand closes 30mins before KO time, so don’t leave it too late.
I approach the Stadium from Wilmorton Island/Osmaston Road side, as it’s easier access - beware if supporters simply stepping off the pavements without looking to cross the road near to the Velodrome, as it happens every game - how I’ve not killed anyone yet is a miracle. 
I don’t even think of leaving the car park until they reopen the road behind the North Stand for at least 40mins after game ends - it’s just not worth it as it’s gridlock - I just sit in my car and listen to post match summaries etc.

Hope this helps you somewhat 🐏🤗

Thanks very much.

I'll be coming in via Wyvern Way . I presume I turn left in Derwent parade them right onto David walker way then to car park A.

I'll probably get there 1hr before the kick off.

COYR

Hi guys, can I jump on this thread. I've just won 2 Sky VIP tickets to the game on 17th against Boro. Well happy! No idea where I'll be sat yet as won't know until I pick up the tickets on the day, but any advice on where to park? Travelling up from the south, so will be coming up the M1. Appreciate any advice. Thanks 

13 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Hi guys, can I jump on this thread. I've just won 2 Sky VIP tickets to the game on 17th against Boro. Well happy! No idea where I'll be sat yet as won't know until I pick up the tickets on the day, but any advice on where to park? Travelling up from the south, so will be coming up the M1. Appreciate any advice. Thanks 

Drive up toward the stadium through Pride Park from A52. Over the river then turn left after Benny & Jerrys  just before the east stand and go straight down to car park A. Go on website for ticket. As has been mentioned you will need to hang about for a while after the game until the roads clear. 

I usually park on the estate at the back of the Audi showroom. £5 per car, lady on the street where the blue arrow is taking payment, then a short walk along the red arrow to the ground. Pink arrow on the drive out, usually some traffic across the bridge but clears as soon as you get to the next island.

image.thumb.png.b5a888fa959a64cda9fc5539a2a94c10.png

22 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Drive up toward the stadium through Pride Park from A52. Over the river then turn left after Benny & Jerrys  just before the east stand and go straight down to car park A. Go on website for ticket. As has been mentioned you will need to hang about for a while after the game until the roads clear. 

Thanks.  Unless there's anywhere else that makes getting away easier; happy to walk 15-20 mins (can't do much more as my mate has a gammy knee - old before his time!). 

6 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

I usually park on the estate at the back of the Audi showroom. £5 per car, lady on the street where the blue arrow is taking payment, then a short walk along the red arrow to the ground. Pink arrow on the drive out, usually some traffic across the bridge but clears as soon as you get to the next island.

image.thumb.png.b5a888fa959a64cda9fc5539a2a94c10.png

Thanks 🤜🤛

On 05/08/2024 at 10:25, BucksRam said:

Darwin Place (your SATNAV will find it).  Very easy access from M1/A52. Pleasant riverside walk to/from the ground.

On 05/08/2024 at 11:08, BucksRam said:

Thanks.  Unless there's anywhere else that makes getting away easier; happy to walk 15-20 mins (can't do much more as my mate has a gammy knee - old before his time!). 

Whilst it does take a while before you can leave, it also means there is no traffic so you can get down to the M1 in no time.

On 14/08/2024 at 11:23, BucksRam said:

Thanks. What kind of time do you need to get there as assume it's popular? 

I try and get to the ground 15/20 minutes before kick off, it's busy but I've never not had a space. Some people park on the entrance road to the park and walk down the road.

Some interfering busybody info from Google Maps:

From Alvo Park Cafe/Main Car Park:  0.9m/20mins (riverside)

From Dunelm:  1.0m/22mins

From Coronation Pub:  1.4m/31mins (via Wilmorton)... or 1.6m/34mins (via Alvo Park/Riverside)

From Darwin Place:  1.5m/35mins (riverside)

From Mucker's Driveway (when on holiday... Space for one only... first come, first served!):  1.9m/41mins*

*But I generally do it in 30-35mins, and I ain't a particularly fast walker!

Edited by Mucker1884
changed order to shortest first...