Why So Many ITKs?

I'd guess that unless it gets to the point where it's ridiculus and starts causing problems an amout of leaks can and will be tolerated as long as they're not causing genuine problems.

I'm sure the club would ideally like there to be no leaks and everyone working there has some sort of contract clause saying "you will not disclose commercially sensitive information about DCFC to any third party" but trying to hardline enforce that would likely be very destructive especially if it's not over anything likely to bring the club into disrepute.

12 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'd guess that unless it gets to the point where it's ridiculus and starts causing problems an amout of leaks can and will be tolerated as long as they're not causing genuine problems.

I'm sure the club would ideally like there to be no leaks and everyone working there has some sort of contract clause saying "you will not disclose commercially sensitive information about DCFC to any third party" but trying to hardline enforce that would likely be very destructive especially if it's not over anything likely to bring the club into disrepute.

Perhaps if we didn't take so long between setting up and signing a player, and actually announcing the deal then there'd be less opportunity for ITK and their phones etc?

I think so much goes on behind the scenes that we don’t know or understand and it goes through so many people that it’s quite likely that it’ll spill out here and there. I don’t mind it overall, it’s part of the fun in a transfer window, and I’m sure it helps with the clicks on a site like this, but i do tend to take all ITK’s with a pinch of salt until Dom Dietrich tweets something or Leigh Curtis. 

The main reason, and I was having this conversation last night in regards to Iversen, is because what I presume happens is that you kinda put in a ‘holding’ bid that expresses your interest (like you would buying a house). Weve gone away and looked elsewhere whilst having firm interest. Leicester need to sell and have no other offers right now, so yesterday through Geoff Peters (who hadn’t tweeted about football in a month before then) that Derbys offer was low but there’s interest to try and sort a deal. So then everyone gets confused and thinks we are thinking of bringing more than one keeper in. In the mean time, word gets passed round the club and to the itks that we’ve put a bid in for Iversen as well, but maybe not really understanding how serious that bid is. It’s just an example, but just thought it was interesting how our GK situation developed yesterday. 

No one is really right or wrong when it comes to ITK, but there’s serious bids and bids that are there to hold interest. There’s probably bids in that we don’t even know about and never will.

Edited by TuffLuff

19 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I think Mel went in very hard to prevent it. David Clowes doesn't seem to have, so far, regarded it as enough of a problem to stop. 

I also wonder if stopping the leaks is a good idea. Theoretically it could alert other clubs that a player is available, but I suspect that with agents so prevalant, every club knows anyway. The leaks keep the fans interested and engaged fans spend more money. I do wonder if any of the leaks are actually clever marketing. 

Exactly what I thought 👍. Let’s have leaks, but they are our “managed leaks” All adds to the fun