John McAtee

admira

8 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Never mind Warne, I take one look at an article like that and want nothing to do with anyone involved. Pathetic stuff.

Just to be clear to anyone who has read the article, there is no suggestion that McAtee spat at anyone or indeed that he did anything wrong. One allegation by an "influencer" of being aggressive, which he denies. Nothing to see here. 

It would appear we have more to fear from @iRam's behaviour than McAtee's.

If - and I know it’s a big ‘if’ - there is anything in this I’d be happy with this signing. Barnsley were decidedly average when they came to our place last season but I did notice that the one player who did give us a few problems was McAtee. Big lad, strong, pace and good going forward.

But then again I’m the guy who was adamant Jacob Butterfield was going to be the next Bruce Rioch (the first incarnation). Although in mitigation I had consumed industrial quantities of the Brunswick’s finest when I said it.

On 22/07/2024 at 19:41, Earl of Tupton said:

If - and I know it’s a big ‘if’ - there is anything in this I’d be happy with this signing. Barnsley were decidedly average when they came to our place last season but I did notice that the one player who did give us a few problems was McAtee. Big lad, strong, pace and good going forward.

But then again I’m the guy who was adamant Jacob Butterfield was going to be the next Bruce Rioch (the first incarnation). Although in mitigation I had consumed industrial quantities of the Brunswick’s finest when I said it.

Tbf I still think Butterfield had a decent first season - he scored some good goals notably against Burnley, hull and I think Bristol city - after that season he retired from being creative for some reason. 

5 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He was decent at times agreed.

Should have bought the Barnsley Butterfield when we had the chance, just like we should have bought the Rotherham Le Fondre for £250k.