Daniel Iversen

Dartmouth Ram

29 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

According to capology he's on £20k a week which is very hefty

Wouldn't be my go to if we're having to pay 20k a week for his wages.

For the same money I'd rather go with Zander Clark from Hearts.

He's supposedly on 2k a week, so we could offer a transfer fee and potentially have money left over if we go into the same pot as Iversen.

Edited by Chesterfield_Ram

20 minutes ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

Wouldn't be my go to if we're having to pay 20k a week for his wages.

For the same money I'd rather go with Zander Clark from Hearts.

He's supposedly on 2k a week, so we could offer a transfer fee and potentially have money left over if we go into the same pot as Iversen.

I'm guessing that's what he was on when Leicester were in the Prem and as they have returned his wages have reverted back to that amount. Last season they were probably lower with due to a relegation clause which is common place probably near around half that. 

1 hour ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Surely Mathew Ryan would be a better option if Iversens on 20k, isn’t Ryan on half that?

I’d imagine that Ryan would cost us more in wages than Iversen, if Iversen has managed to benefit from an underwritten clause in his contract then that’s great for him. It wont factor in what his market value is and ultimately that’s what we will be willing to meet. Ryan, I think, will have a much more competitive market and therefore the figures will be more.

25 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I’d imagine that Ryan would cost us more in wages than Iversen, if Iversen has managed to benefit from an underwritten clause in his contract then that’s great for him. It wont factor in what his market value is and ultimately that’s what we will be willing to meet. Ryan, I think, will have a much more competitive market and therefore the figures will be more.

I feel Iverson and Ryan are of similar levels so it's just who wants to join us without it costing silly money. Iversen with his loan contributions vs Ryan  wage demands.

7 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

I feel Iverson and Ryan are of similar levels so it's just who wants to join us without it costing silly money. Iversen with his loan contributions vs Ryan  wage demands.

I would disagree, Ryan is much more established and was playing in Europe as recently as last year. He’s also the captain of his national team with close to 100 caps. It’s very likely he retires as the most capped player his country has ever had. Iversen has spent the majority of his career on loan, doing a relatively good job, but never even appeared for his country. He’s not even in the squad now.

Ryan is 100% going to be the more established and costly option, with a deeper list of clubs after him certainly in comparison to Iversen. I like Iversen, think he would be a shrewd signing, but Ryan is a much more established player by every metric.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I would disagree, Ryan is much more established and was playing in Europe as recently as last year. He’s also the captain of his national team with close to 100 caps. It’s very likely he retires as the most capped player his country has ever had. Iversen has spent the majority of his career on loan, doing a relatively good job, but never even appeared for his country. He’s not even in the squad now.

Ryan is 100% going to be the more established and costly option, with a deeper list of clubs after him certainly in comparison to Iversen. I like Iversen, think he would be a shrewd signing, but Ryan is a much more established player by every metric.

To be fair you are right. Ryan has the higher pedigree both in terms of his club career including his club career and international career. He probably is the better keeper out of the two. I don't they are poles apart though and the decision surely will be made on which we can afford/ leaves money in the pot for other signings.

9 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

To be fair you are right. Ryan has the higher pedigree both in terms of his club career including his club career and international career. He probably is the better keeper out of the two. I don't they are poles apart though and the decision surely will be made on which we can afford/ leaves money in the pot for other signings.

You’re absolutely right, as we well know signing the most established, well-known players ultimately don’t always lead to them being the best for the club. 

We’ve signed a ton of proven, established players in that past who have completely underwhelmed — and we’ve signed a ton of players who not much was expected and have carved out a legacy at the club. 

Iversen could well be the better choice, but all things being equal then Ryan has a much more proven body of work at higher levels. 

Edited by Ambitious

I don't know how realistic either signing would be, but I think we should target players with re-sale value. Iversen is coming up to 27 but would probably be a loan, Mat Ryan is 32.
I'd be more inclined to go for Arthur Okonkwo or (stealing from the Rams Talk podcast) Sam Tickle from Wigan. Both 22. Either could go for a lot of money in a couple of seasons.

Just now, Gabby'sThighs said:

I don't know how realistic either signing would be, but I think we should target players with re-sale value. Iversen is coming up to 27 but would probably be a loan, Mat Ryan is 32.
I'd be more inclined to go for Arthur Okonkwo or (stealing from the Rams Talk podcast) Sam Tickle from Wigan. Both 22. Either could go for a lot of money in a couple of seasons.

Just this second realised that Okonkwo joined Wrexham a couple of days ago! Did well on loan there last season, one to keep an eye on.