Rams supporting players

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He was pushed out the door for 600k, or half a Quantuma hotel bill as it's better known.

Not defending Quantuma, but the Administrator doesn't usually get paid until a new owner takes over or the liquidation process starts as far as I'm aware, so his fee was most likely used help to pay the wage bill.

2 hours ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

It was stated at the time that he was in tears when he was sold as he did not want to leave the Rams. 

Bless. But it's quite plain to see the difficult decision was the right one for him and us.

4 hours ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

It was stated at the time that he was in tears when he was sold as he did not want to leave the Rams. 

Pinched from the DET  7/3/2022.

Omari Kellyman has issued a heartfelt message after joining Aston Villa from Derby County.

“First of all I would like to thank all of the players and staff that have helped me along my journey so far over the past 10 years.

I am grateful for all the memories I have made and the opportunities I've been given and I appreciate absolutely everything this club has done for me and can't thank my team mates and the staff enough for making me into the player and person I am today. So grateful for this amazing club #DTID"

yep,…………..add him to the list! 👍🏁

Some of the former Rams that have turned up on Radio Derby to colour-commentate seem to be rather fond of us, given some reactions. I agree with the posters who have said that some players who never even thought of Derby prior to a professional decision retain a fondness for the club, or maybe now have kids as fans. Igor I'd like to reckon keeps an eye out, Eranio, Bryson perhaps? Who comes back to see us?

Given how he played for us, screwed Leeds over, and then came back to see us over the promotion line, I dont care if he's allegedly a Liverpool fan, if he acts like a Ram, and thinks like a ram, Seth-lad is as much a ram as anyone!

Boyhood club though, anyone know if Ian Evatt is a ram? That would just about finish the Bolton crew off. The only others I know have been mentioned already.

11 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Boyhood club though, anyone know if Ian Evatt is a ram? That would just about finish the Bolton crew off. The only others I know have been mentioned already.

Coventry fan, which makes sense as a Coventry lad

Dave Mackay of course was a regular at PP after he retired, often being interviewed for live games on Sky. Very much still a Hearts fan, but Spurs and Derby also meant the world to him.

2 hours ago, cannable said:

Jordan Mutch I think

Not so sure - from Alvaston, so may have been a Derby fan growing up, came through our Academy, but turned down a pro contract at 16 to sign for Brummies because Terry Westley had left to go there. Never seen much (geddit?!?) indication he's really a fan anymore?