Transfer rumours

5 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

We’ve signed a GK later.  Wasn’t Bywater signed the day of the game?  I have a feeling it was a late kick-off on Sky away at Hull?

I recall Davies ensuring the CBs headed everything with the GK staying on his line and reacting to anything the CBs didn't win. It makes it easy for a keeper to come in straight away.

When you have a keeper who wants to claim crosses, that communication and understanding needs to be there so they know when to come and when to stay. Same with dealing with long balls and sweeping up. They need games under their belt to build that relationship.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

12 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

A pacey CB, LWB and a target man is what we need after we get our Swedish keeper. 

Creative midfielder, number 9 and a pacey centre back are the priorities for me after the keeper.

I'd like a LWB. But with Elder and Osborn I think the other positions are much more of a priority.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Creative midfielder, number 9 and a pacey centre back are the priorities for me after the keeper.

I'd like a LWB. But with Elder and Osborn I think the other positions are much more of a priority.

So basically, the spine of the team, after we get a keeper?

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I think Osborn has been brought in to play a box to box centre midfielder leaving us short at LWB with Elder. 

I agree with another 9 and a pacey centre though. 

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Foz is still a better option defensively. LB vital in my opinion...but then I prefer a 4 and two wingers.

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Well a number 9 is a must. We've got pace up top but no focal point.

Yates could well be the guy, but it was deliberate to not play him today. I sense they were just trying something up top. 

6 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Won’t get a transfer update tonight as our own media team never ask them questions and bbc radio derby are for some reason waiting for tomorrow to release the interview with Warne.

Is that normal? It's tomorrow at 6pm too. Long time to wait that is.

46 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

Foz is still a better option defensively. LB vital in my opinion...but then I prefer a 4 and two wingers.

Everyone seems to assume Fozzie will be keeping the bench warm this coming season. Knowing him he’s been working his nuts off during the summer. Wouldn’t be surprised if he were to surprise us with lots of starts 

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Everyone seems to assume Fozzie will be keeping the bench warm this coming season. Knowing him he’s been working his nuts off during the summer. Wouldn’t be surprised if he were to surprise us with lots of starts 

He won’t be first choice, but he is the type of player who comes in for an injury or suspension then you find it hard to drop him again. 

3 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

Seems to me we do still lack real creativity in the middle….,

Need to fork out for a real classy striker… not just a better target man/Collins….

I think if we get both Osborn and Kenzo playing in the middle of the park we will have some creativity. We need someone to put the ball in the back of the net though.

2 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

I think if we get both Osborn and Kenzo playing in the middle of the park we will have some creativity. We need someone to put the ball in the back of the net though.

Out of interest but why do you think Osborn will be creative because he hasn’t been in his whole career - we have signed effort and runners but appear to lack quality or shooting from central midfield as well as centre forward