More restricted this year

Embargo restrictions all gone, aren't our 'Natural' restrictions for this league still going to be more restrictive than last year?

Take note I'm about to ramble on a subject of which I know little but hey, what's new?

L1 had a financial model that suited a club our size relative to others there. We were under imposed additional restrictions but our turnover was still such that we could be really competitive.

In the Championship isnt it the ol' 3 year P&S malarkey? Taking the 2 seasons in L1, DC will need to be careful that those losses added to this coming season dont breach. Tin hat or not, the EFL will be very interested in our conduct, given our history with them. I would imagine any kind of breach would result in swift retribution ... I mean correction. 

Getting bored of the restrictions talk, we almost make excuses for ourselves before a ball is kicked.

every team is trying to sign good players, the parachute teams hard to compete with. But the relegated three next season far weaker than this year.

we’ve just been a big fish as such in league one, despite restrictions had biggest budget. Now we enter a more level playing field.

49 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Embargo restrictions all gone, aren't our 'Natural' restrictions for this league still going to be more restrictive than last year?

Take note I'm about to ramble on a subject of which I know little but hey, what's new?

L1 had a financial model that suited a club our size relative to others there. We were under imposed additional restrictions but our turnover was still such that we could be really competitive.

In the Championship isnt it the ol' 3 year P&S malarkey? Taking the 2 seasons in L1, DC will need to be careful that those losses added to this coming season dont breach. Tin hat or not, the EFL will be very interested in our conduct, given our history with them. I would imagine any kind of breach would result in swift retribution ... I mean correction. 

No? We'll have more leeway to bring in players due to higher revenues and we aren't subject to the EFL business plan any more. I don't see how you can twist it to say things are going to be more restrictive. We'll likely be less competitive, but that isn't the same thing. 

22 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Clowes is worth what, 250m?

Around that figure, yes. However, most of it is land, buildings, a football stadium, plant and machinery etc. Little of it is liquid assets.

He has been consistent in saying the club will be sustainable and self sufficient. That means he's not going to pump cash into the club. DCFC will spend what DCFC earns and little or no more. I find it amazing some fans seem to think otherwise.

Both the aim and the hope for 24/25 will be promotion. Reality s likely to be somewhere between P12 and P21 depending on how recruitment goes.

31 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Getting bored of the restrictions talk, we almost make excuses for ourselves before a ball is kicked.

every team is trying to sign good players, the parachute teams hard to compete with. But the relegated three next season far weaker than this year.

we’ve just been a big fish as such in league one, despite restrictions had biggest budget. Now we enter a more level playing field.

I wonder how many teams our fans would put above us now?

30 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Around that figure, yes. However, most of it is land, buildings, a football stadium, plant and machinery etc. Little of it is liquid assets.

He has been consistent in saying the club will be sustainable and self sufficient. That means he's not going to pump cash into the club. DCFC will spend what DCFC earns and little or no more. I find it amazing some fans seem to think otherwise.

Both the aim and the hope for 24/25 will be promotion. Reality s likely to be somewhere between P12 and P21 depending on how recruitment goes.

So we need someone with lots of liquid assets? @Eddie, your time has come!

200.gif

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

No? We'll have more leeway to bring in players due to higher revenues and we aren't subject to the EFL business plan any more. I don't see how you can twist it to say things are going to be more restrictive. We'll likely be less competitive, but that isn't the same thing. 

Forgive me, yes, my lack of knowledge on these matter means I'm not always the clearest. I certainly couldnt twist anything to save my life! I meant the restrictions that are assigned to each league, the restrictions that we will comply with to not get the EFLs ire. The restrictions (to all clubs) in L1 being X amount of turnover on wages. These restrictions, served us well, even with the additional and now mercifully gone business plan. As we were substantially larger than most clubs in that league.

Championship with the Profit and Sustainability "restrictions" for clubs our 3 year income was less than any club with parachute and a few more besides.

I was merely trying to convey a query that for us, the rules of the Championship are more restrictive than in L1, at least in our first season. Especially as DC strikes me as someone who, quite rightly wont ransom our future and take us up to the loss threshold.

I could easily be wrong, quite often am!

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

They are in comparison to the teams we will be playing, which is surely the most important context. 

On 19/05/2024 at 20:00, sage said:

Ipswich are an exception but they built well over a few seasons in the League One. Spent a fair bit.

Ipswich Towns success is a good story, and sometimes things just fall into place, like when Leicester won the Premier League. Derby's immediate future is about re establishing as a Ch'ship club. So keeping out of the drop zone is the primary objective next season, and mid table the following season. Beyond that, maybe the club will push on if significant investment comes into the club. It should be fresh in everyones minds that the club has been selling some of the young talent to balance the books. 

11 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Forgive me, yes, my lack of knowledge on these matter means I'm not always the clearest. I certainly couldnt twist anything to save my life! I meant the restrictions that are assigned to each league, the restrictions that we will comply with to not get the EFLs ire. The restrictions (to all clubs) in L1 being X amount of turnover on wages. These restrictions, served us well, even with the additional and now mercifully gone business plan. As we were substantially larger than most clubs in that league.

Championship with the Profit and Sustainability "restrictions" for clubs our 3 year income was less than any club with parachute and a few more besides.

I was merely trying to convey a query that for us, the rules of the Championship are more restrictive than in L1, at least in our first season. Especially as DC strikes me as someone who, quite rightly wont ransom our future and take us up to the loss threshold.

I could easily be wrong, quite often am!

Again though, we aren't more restricted in any way. We're less competitive due to parachute clubs etc, but we have way more room to spend now with + 10 mil of revenue, and the Championship rules allow for more leeway anyway. 

We're not restricted on revenue, we just don't generate enough. I think the terminology of being more "restricted" is just simply incorrect. We just aren't big fish in a small pond anymore and are middling revenue wise so will be middling in what we can spend. 

4 minutes ago, sage said:

They are in comparison to the teams we will be playing, which is surely the most important context. 

But that isn't a restriction on us. It's a pretty odd way to view it. We're not restricted, we just don't have the revenues of other teams. In theory, we can generate and spend as much as them. There is nothing to stop us doing that, of course we aren't able to in reality. But we're just less competitive. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

But that isn't a restriction on us. It's a pretty odd way to view it. We're not restricted, we just don't have the revenues of other teams. In theory, we can generate and spend as much as them. There is nothing to stop us doing that, of course we aren't able to in reality. But we're just less competitive. 

FFP means the parachute clubs can have bigger budgets. We are more restricted.

We have a very good owner but not a crazy rich, big spending owner. They will outspend us.

We will probably have a mid table budget. Last year it would seem we had a top 2 budget. 

Therefore a top 6 finish is unlikely. Not moaning, it is what is is and I hope we can finish mid table.

Just now, sage said:

FFP means the parachute clubs can have bigger budgets. We are more restricted.

We have a very good owner but not a crazy rich, big spending owner. They will outspend us.

We will probably have a mid table budget. Last year it would seem we had a top 2 budget. 

Therefore a top 6 finish is unlikely. Not moaning, it is what is is and I hope we can finish mid table.

No, we have exactly the same restrictions as everyone else. Everyone is subject to the same FFP rules over losses. Them having higher revenues does not impact how restricted we are. We were under a business plan last year with lower revenues. We are very clearly under less restrictions than we were. 

Just now, Andicis said:

No, we have exactly the same restrictions as everyone else. Everyone is subject to the same FFP rules over losses. Them having higher revenues does not impact how restricted we are. We were under a business plan last year with lower revenues. We are very clearly under less restrictions than we were. 

I said restricted, not restrictions.

Everyone is under the same FFP rules, but if there are 5 or 6 teams with swollen parachute revenue, they can outspend us. 

It's basic maths.  

1 minute ago, sage said:

I said restricted, not restrictions.

Everyone is under the same FFP rules, but if there are 5 or 6 teams with swollen parachute revenue, they can outspend us. 

It's basic maths.  

Objectively, we are not more restricted than last year. We are less competitive. But not more restricted. 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Objectively, we are not more restricted than last year. We are less competitive. But not more restricted. 

We are in comparison, which is the only important context. The amount we are able to spend is restricted in it's extent.    

18 minutes ago, sage said:

We are in comparison, which is the only important context. The amount we are able to spend is restricted in it's extent.    

Face palm. 

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Face palm. 

If you don't like the same answer, don't ask the same question.

Anyway, get with the gifs, it's funnier

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

3 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

I don’t think Burney will be any weaker than Leicester. They went up the season before last with 101 points , then promptly spent £100 mill on players . Luton will be up there but Shef Utd could go into the doldrums again unless they get an injection of quality Prem loans .