Conor Hourihane - Has left the club

2 hours ago, Scott129 said:

There was a bit in the latest We Are Derby episode where he looked to be having a moment sat alone in the changing room. I suspect he knew then that he was going out on a high.

Somewhere I clocked a picture of him sat taking it in, Bradley was the only player alongside him with an arm on his shoulder.

Expect being good pro’s they both knew at that point, Conor going out on a high as you say, but Bradley sort of saying you did it mate (well I looked at it and that’s how I read it).

He’s a top bloke, even getting the team celebration lined up, shows what he mean’t to the others. He kind of had a Trevor Christie end of career impact on us, for that I wish him nothing but the best in the future; he’s part of our history now, however brief his stay.

All the best 'skip'. Difficult to top that season and will be a much revamped midfield next time out and no guarantee of game time. Sometimes it's just time to seek a fresh challenge and the timing feels right. All the very best in whatever you do next.

In a different role, I think he still has a lot to offer. A attacking role in a midfield trio without such demands on pressing/defending that he had in Warne's team, and he should be still flourishing. 

Good luck for the lad.

30 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

In a different role, I think he still has a lot to offer. A attacking role in a midfield trio without such demands on pressing/defending that he had in Warne's team, and he should be still flourishing. 

Good luck for the lad.

Finishing around the box is unreal, see the Burton winner. Is that what you mean? Always wondered what he might do floating around up there instead of getting run past in the deeper role.  Such a quality player and person, but I think his time is up. 

Conor did his best and his best was often pretty classy, but essentially playing a 2 in MF did him no favours, indeed, even Bird struggled in a league where you have to have legs in the middle of the park. Irrespective, I think it's telling that the lads themselves made him their skipper and it was noted that he stuck staunchly by the team even when effectively benched late on in the season. No bitching, no ego, just help the team get over the line. I respect that. He's a good egg and has shown himself to be a seriously talented footballer and I wish him well in his future career as a coach. I'd not be at all surprised to see him do rather well.