Happy 140th Birthday!

As posted by @Ellafella 1n 2021:

The intention was "leaked" on Wednesday 7th May 1884. It was then "officially" announced on 8th May 1884. Then there was the small matter of Derbyshire FA objecting to the name "Derbyshire County" so that led to another meeting and thereafter on 15th May, the name Derby County was announced. (See the picture attached).

The detail is all beautifully capture by the superb "The Men who made the Rams" by Peter Seddon- A totally "MUST READ" for any Rams fan. I believe therefore that the official birthday is 8th May 1884. Some of us have proposed holding some kind of commemorative birthday event (possibly at the Old Bell Hotel where the Committee used to meet) but that hasn't gained traction ....yet. But it will eventually, eh @loweman2

3 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Genuine question, when we went into administration and Saint David saved us are we on paper a new club to the one prior to admin? E.g. Rangers on paper are essentially a new club.

According to Companies House, yes.

The original, The Derby County Football Club Limited, incorporated in 1896, has since been renamed to DC Realisations 1 Ltd - and is still in administration.

The current iteration is Derby County (The Rams) Limited.

10 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

According to Companies House, yes.

The original, The Derby County Football Club Limited, incorporated in 1896, has since been renamed to DC Realisations 1 Ltd - and is still in administration.

The current iteration is Derby County (The Rams) Limited.

In reality though, we're not a new club because Derby County has a continuous existence, as I understand it, through the transfer of the Golden Share as approved by the EFL.

We never lost our membership of the EFL, whereas Rangers lost their membership of the SFL for a time.

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

In reality though, we're not a new club because Derby County has a continuous existence, as I understand it, through the transfer of the Golden Share as approved by the EFL.

We never lost our membership of the EFL, whereas Rangers lost their membership of the SFL for a time.

Precisely - sorry, should have added that part in. I was looking purely at the CH part. 

23 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Genuine question, when we went into administration and Saint David saved us are we on paper a new club to the one prior to admin? E.g. Rangers on paper are essentially a new club.

The "legal trading entity" name may have changed but the club never lost its league status, despite the best efforts of the EFL, so Derby County formed 1884 it is.