Derby v Burton Albion: Ratings

Ellafella

3 hours ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

Sorry - I'm confused

If you look at the goals vs xg for pens/tap-ins he's scored 4 goals from an xg of 4.15.

If you you strip out the goals and chances from pens / tap-in rebounds he has 0.41 goals / 90 mins against an xg of 0.21........if you discount his pen involvement he looks even better

so goals vs xg for pens/tap ins he is underperforming then.

i'm sorry, but having an xg of 0.21 per 90 mins for the season as a striker is pathetic. Especially playing for one of, if not the best side in the league. If you take away the pens, he is considerably worse for xg than Waghorn, Washington, and John-Jules aswell. 

11 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

so goals vs xg for pens/tap ins he is underperforming then.

i'm sorry, but having an xg of 0.21 per 90 mins for the season as a striker is pathetic. Especially playing for one of, if not the best side in the league. If you take away the pens, he is considerably worse for xg than Waghorn, Washington, and John-Jules aswell. 

FFS give it a rest. This is the match ratings thread.

4 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

I wouldn't bother. It's obvious there's an intense dislike of Collins as a player but to give him a score of 2 when his next lowest is 6 is just making a mockery of this particular thread.

2 was my honest assessment of his performance. 

Nobody has been able to answer what he actually contributed outside of one header...

38 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Nick Jonas GIF by Jumanji: The Next Level

The stats on 'who scored' website are a reasonable starting point.

They rated him at 7.52 against Burton and give you chapter and verse on what he, and the rest of the players actually did in terms of pass completion, tackles etc.

To the best of my knowledge it's completely impartial with no conscious or unconscious bias so doesn't have the grumpy or elation-based swings in scores that we all tend to get drawn into to some extent. It's an interesting sense check for us all - I gave Elder 3.5 and I thought he was poor but 'who scored' rated him at 6.81 against Burton.........on reflection I was probably harsh on him.

To provide a little bit of context, Cashin is currently rated as the best player in the league with an average match rating of 7.43

On 16/01/2024 at 08:36, Ellafella said:

ATG

31Vickers - 5 looks nervous, could be just because it's his league debut at home though,  distribution a mixed bag for accuracy but he does try to release it quicker than Wildsmith,  couple more games before a decision on him or Wildsmith for me.

2Wilson - 7 not as attacking due to playing FB but decent again, I don't expect him to have a bad game, excellent signing.

35Nelson - 6.5 should have done better for 1st goal but usual solid performance 

6Cashin - 7 average game for Cash

20Elder - 5.5 don't get all the angst against him, he was decent until the slip for the 2nd goal, like his aggressive defending trying to win the ball of the wingers, this happened 3 or 4 times 1st half in front of us in South Stand

17Sibley - 6 not much chance to show attacking side of game fully but did nothing wrong or amazing

11Méndez-Laing - 6 was usual threat, but I can't overlook the fact he was the route cause for Burton getting back in the game, shouldn't have been robbed of the ball so easily for the 1st goal, also should have done better with the chance he had 1st half, IMO his only downfall is his lack of defensive awareness,  but normally more than made up for going forwards 

8Bird - 6.5 steady game, actually broke up play quite a bit in the middle of the pitch, but didn't pose much threat trying to break the lines 

4Hourihane - 7 works harder than most give him credit for, capped off with the winner, not bad in the 92nd minute when most think he has no legs!

7Barkhuizen - 8 as a couple of others have said, my  MOTM, 1st goal, 2nd an intelligent assist and had a key part to play in keeping the ball alive for the 3rd goal. One of those games where he does a lot without being the 'star' Makes himself available if not always used and helps defensively far more than NML

5Bradley - 6 did what he had to to see the game out

19John-Jules - 5.5 I was very critical of him during the game, was totally ineffective up until he headed the ball onto NML for 1st goal, then he seemed to be the nearly man, I do think there's a decent player in there but the game passes him by too much at the minute, would ideally use him for last 30 minutes as a sub at the moment, but needs to get fitter and sharper by playing... so I expect Warne will persevere with him starting, unless he moves NML in field to support Collins, something I wanted to happen on Monday.

16Thompson - 6 brought much needed energy

9Collins - 7 obviously scored, should have done better with the sliced volley, but does so much hard work and running to close down the opposition or create space which allows the other attacking players to have the space to perform.